Future for Cave Story?

Jun 2, 2016 at 9:52 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Seeing as this forum has been around for quite a while. There is probably another forum post about this, but I searched and couldn't find one
( I probably just missed it though)

Do you see any sort of future for Cave Story?
If so, what do you think is in Cave Story's future?

Jun 2, 2016 at 10:06 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I feel like Cave Story will continue to be pseudo famous like "Battle Toads" in that maybe not too many people will play it but it's gonna continue to be recognised in conversations for the foreseeable future. Nicalis hinted strongly to yet another remake of the game on their Twitter which may cause another surge of CS fans but beyond that I feel it'll be very short lived.

I'm pretty sure Pixel himself said he didn't want to work on another CS so unless the gods descend some sort of canon comic/novel etc. it looks like most of the story will also remain shrouded in mystery.

I ended up writing more than I expected but those are my immediate thoughts :)

Jun 2, 2016 at 10:24 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
i'm honestly fine with how things are now

if pixel/nicalis/whoever owns the rights releases something that's cool but if not whatever

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:52 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Nicalis hinted strongly to yet another remake of the game on their Twitter which may cause another surge of CS fans but beyond that I feel it'll be very short lived.
What?

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:17 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well, hey, look at it this way, if they release a higher resolution game. Isn't that another thing for the modding community?
no

Jun 3, 2016 at 5:37 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Well, hey, look at it this way, if they release a higher resolution game. Isn't that another thing for the modding community?
other than maybe plus porter, cs+ has kind of done nothing if not harmed the modding community

Jun 3, 2016 at 6:32 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I just hope Pixel keeps making great one off games.

Jun 3, 2016 at 9:26 PM
"Huzzah!"
*Cough Cough* Spinoff *Cough Cough*

Jun 4, 2016 at 10:49 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I just hope Pixel keeps making great one off games.
Same here, honestly. Kero Blaster and Ikachan were pretty solid, and Guxt, Megane, Akantares, and all his other little 5 minute games were fun too. Despite having the same general style, each manages to feel unique and cool in their own way. IMO, it's probably for the best that Pixel keeps making new games with their own style rather than continuing from a previous one.

(On a tangentially related side note: I like to think they all occupy some kind of shared universe. Like, what if the Megane guy was catching the glasses/woman from off the island? Or what if Guxt was about the robots that first invaded the island during Miakid's time, when Quote and Curly had their memories and shit? It's not impossible to tie them all together, I mean, Ikachan already takes place kind of concurrently with Cave Story.)

Jun 5, 2016 at 5:42 AM
"Huzzah!"
But that's what the Blargo series is for.
Hmm... But, is that a true spinoff? One that Pixel created, or I dare say, approved of as canon?

Jun 5, 2016 at 5:44 AM
War criminal
It was a joke, mang. :v

Jun 5, 2016 at 5:48 AM
"Huzzah!"
It was a joke, mang. :v
Just setting you guys on track. If I didn't do this, some of you would try to make blargo canon. Then, Pixel would agree.
End of story

Jun 5, 2016 at 5:53 AM
War criminal
I don't think Pixel has ever been to these forums.

Jun 5, 2016 at 5:55 AM
"Huzzah!"
I don't think Pixel has ever been to these forums.
You don't know that. I could be Pixel. YOU could be Pixel. ANYONE here could be Pixel.
Time for some major sleuthing.

Jun 5, 2016 at 12:24 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
*sigh* I'm sorry I've hidden it for so long... but I am Pixel. That's why I use punctuation and capitalization in a (mostly) proper fashion.
So not understanding the structure of doukutsu.aniTiles (despite documentation above it) was just obfuscating lack-of-understanding, then?
I am doubtful of this. Also:
You're not the only person in the world who uses punctuation and capitalization in a mostly proper fashion - and, furthermore, have you seen Pixel's posts on the BBS? He uses the capitalization for "I" correctly, but doesn't capitalize the first letter of a sentence sometimes.
"I don't have the plan." is slightly unusual English, another factor you don't replicate.
This is simply from the April 2014 archives.
From the March 2014 archives, you get "Use gradation ably."
And finally, the end-all of any supposed proof that Pixel is on these forums:
Code:
> What do you think of Cave Story mods?

I'm not interested in it.

Jun 5, 2016 at 1:12 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
:orangebell: :orangebell: :orangebell: Holy fuck.
Not only did Pixel mention Cave Story mods ... at some point... he also doesn't give a fuck about them. Do we all get to be sad now?
I've already mentioned the date. BBS Archive, March 2014.