OMG! Japanese mods! (Or possibly a DU thread) (UPDATED 2/19/9000)

Feb 18, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Get on the ball Noxid

Jan 30, 2015 at 8:58 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello I have a problem with 2 mods:
1) up1054 - I am in some tower level. If i want to open the door, I must tell password. First door was with 5 symbols (yes/no , example: yes, yes, no, no, yes). Now i passed to 4th door and here is needed 9-symbol password. Can someone help me with that? - Music in this level - Tyrant

2) up 1506 - I am in "labirynt" level (fight with flies, purple crippels) I go to some house (like Kazuma's house to exploode). I get rusty key.. What i have to do now? - Music: Jenka2

Sorry for pleasing for help but I can't understand japanese, and them mods are cool, especially up1054.

Jun 1, 2015 at 2:21 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
So, earlier today I remembered that Doukutsu Uploader existed and decided to sift through some of its contents. Besides finding a few decent .orgs and mods of varying difficulties, I came across up0992, or Iron Bird Story. I didn't have high hopes for it at first since several of the previous mods I played weren't necessarily the best, but I came to like it the further I got into it. Although the dialogue was entirely in Japanese (understandably), the cutscenes looked like they had a fair bit of work put into them, and I really liked the level design at times.

I have yet to make it to the end of the mod, even though I've been playing it for roughly 3 to 4 hours now, so I thought that I should ask this before continuing: would it be possible if Iron Bird Story could get translated?

I highly doubt that I'm going to become fluent in Japanese any time soon, and this mod just feels like it deserves having a translation made for it.

Jun 8, 2015 at 4:04 AM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I'm actually currently working on a translation of it with a friend. Don't ask me for an ETA on its completation though.

Jun 8, 2015 at 5:19 AM
Professional Whatever
can we have an ETA on its completation

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:17 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
Duke Serkol said:
I'm actually currently working on a translation of it with a friend. Don't ask me for an ETA on its completation though.
Oof, I wish you had said that sooner. Since I was starting to have doubts that it'd be done without a little encouragement or something to work off of, I decided to start feeding all of Iron Bird Story's text through a few translators in the order that you encounter it. I haven't worked on it for a few days thankfully, but I ended up making it to the beginning of Witch's Forest by the end of my latest translating session.

At least doing that let me get the gist of the plot up to that point, so it wasn't a total loss.

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:58 PM
Veteran Member
Ah! It seems I made quite the mistake. I was strapped for time when reading your post last night and accidentally mistook the mod you were talking about for Iron Bond. That's the one I'm having translated.

Sorry to say, as much as I adore Iron Bird Story, it just has way too much text for my friend (the one doing the translating. I'm in charge of simply formatting the text) to tackle.

My apologies for accidentally building up hopes :(

Jun 8, 2015 at 7:26 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
Duke Serkol said:
Ah! It seems I made quite the mistake. I was strapped for time when reading your post last night and accidentally mistook the mod you were talking about for Iron Bond. That's the one I'm having translated.

Sorry to say, as much as I adore Iron Bird Story, it just has way too much text for my friend (the one doing the translating. I'm in charge of simply formatting the text) to tackle.

My apologies for accidentally building up hopes :(
Oh. If that's the case, then I guess I'll continue my translation of Iron Bird Story then.
We all make mistakes, especially when we're in a hurry, so it's fine.

Good luck with translating Iron Bond Story! I have yet to play it, but I think I remember reading that it was pretty good.

Jun 9, 2015 at 12:46 AM
Veteran Member
Cool, I'm looking forward to that then!

Concerning Iron Bond, I'd say that
when it coems to telling Curly's life prior to Cave Story, Kaeso did a better job... but then when we get to see the events of Cave Story from Curly's perspective,
that's when the mod starts to shine :)

Jan 26, 2016 at 5:56 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I played Pants Story... It's Cave Story, but you play as Curly's Panties. I got a good laugh outta that. :mahin:
I think that mod's title is "Pantsu Story", but in Japanese, "pantsu" actually means panties/underwear. So it's a very accurate title.

Mar 27, 2016 at 9:24 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Contributing to spammy posting (don't post if you have nothing to contribute)
I DONT HAVE TIME TO READ THE LIST IS THERE SOMANY WORDS!

Mar 27, 2016 at 9:44 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
I DONT HAVE TIME TO READ THE LIST IS THERE SOMANY WORDS!
if you don't have time to read simple titles, then the internet isn't a place for you

Mar 27, 2016 at 10:08 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
That's unfortunate, but I don't see how anyone could help you with that issue, nor why you brought it up unless it's meant to be a veiled compliment to the scale of Jazz' work. :momo:

Jun 14, 2016 at 4:19 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
“ Iron Bird Story ”I translated the Chinese version,Current progress is in the ,curly、sue and quote they defeated the “green hat somebody”。:D
QQ截图20160614231330.gif

Jun 15, 2016 at 9:24 PM
Based Member
“ Iron Bird Story ”I translated the Chinese version,Current progress is in the ,curly、sue and quote they defeated the “green hat somebody”。:D
View attachment 3099
I'm confused. Are you saying that you're translating Iron Bird Story from Japanese to Chinese, or that there's already a Chinese translation, and that you're translating that to English? In any case, glad that you're helping spread Iron Bird Story, I've heard that that's a really good mod.

May 20, 2018 at 6:48 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Were Cave Story 2 and Iron Bird Story officially cancelled, or did nobody hear anything else about them and assumed they're cancelled?

Also, is there some sort of Japanese Cave Story modding community? Doukutsu Uploader doesn't have any context about where the files came from or contact info

May 20, 2018 at 6:53 AM
War criminal
There probably is some sort of modding community in Japan, but it's much more sparse there, considering they mainly use Sue's Workshop, and if any of them are aware of these forums, they couldn't even speak English to talk here.

As for Japanese Cave Story 2, it was last updated in August 2012, so it is very possible that it has gotten cancelled sometime over the years.

Also, Y U BUMP THREAD???

May 21, 2018 at 2:03 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
There probably is some sort of modding community in Japan, but it's much more sparse there, considering they mainly use Sue's Workshop, and if any of them are aware of these forums, they couldn't even speak English to talk here.

As for Japanese Cave Story 2, it was last updated in August 2012, so it is very possible that it has gotten cancelled sometime over the years.

Also, Y U BUMP THREAD???
I think it sucks that the project was dumped past the train boss; that mod had some creative things going for it like the bosses and that funky puzzle in the woodland zone. Plus it's a shame the translation project died before making any progress what-so-ever, I'm sure it's hard to translate but this is a mod I think that would be really worth translating, even if it isn't complete.