what's the story behind your nickname

Dec 7, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I needed a new name to replace my old "PaperNinjaMaster" one of my tween years, so I came up with something that sounded novelty yet was unique enough to be able to be used for everything without having to add numbers or whatever.

There isn't an actual story behind why I chose enlightened. I'm not Buddhist.

Dec 7, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I like Portal

Yeah bet you couldn't figure that one out

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:14 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
my story is kind of pathetic. It originally started when I made up an Idea for a character
George Bobicles
I eventually decided to use it as my main user name for almost everything. Then, it happened! I accidentally made my user name Goerge Bobicles for... something I can't remember. It may have been Steam, but it might have been something different. Anyway, I thought it was better so I didn't change it back. I took George an average first name, and Bobicles an unusual and slightly suggestive last name and used them to my heart's content.

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:25 AM
...Well, you do know that it's normally spelled 'George', right?

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:28 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
portal I am like 100% certain that Goerge knows that his name is usually spelled as George

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:48 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Okay, so how I came up with TLincoln as my nickname when I joined. Two reasons:

1. I didn't feel like using my former recurring nickname, CrackyXG (my dA account name and my former Youtube name).

2. TLincoln is a shortened version of Terri Lincoln (my OC you probably have seen before somewhere in these forums), who when I first drew her, my friends thought was either Zelda or Link (because she's a girl). So I decided to name her after the two, Terri (which is an obscure corruption of Tetra), and Lincoln (Link).

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:11 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
DoubleThink said:
I was studying Orwell at the time... shoot me >_>;

Wow, really?

I though it was reference to Pooh Bear.

As for my name "Bombchu Link" I was inspired off this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBLDOn9olxM

BLink is a little better.... but I still need a newr name...

Dec 8, 2014 at 4:52 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Mine literally came to me randomly when I was taking a shower. I needed a new username for DeviantART at the time because "Underwaterwriter" (my old username because I was interested in marine life and writing) was taken. I was still creating accounts with my former nickname, but lost my passwords for my Wikipedia account and ended up using Random-storykeeper then. When I joined Wikia, I just decided to have it echo my Wikipedia name, and kept using it ever since. Plus RSK sounds a lot better as an abbreviation than Uww, personally.

Dec 8, 2014 at 4:55 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
So, I originally was called Desoron, A completely random word I thought of. Then, when I decided that the name was stupid, I went and tried to think of a new one. I thought of how eventually people would have hearts and stuff be fixed by biotechnology, which made me think about robots. Then I thought of the name Biological Robot, which was reduced to Bionic Robot, then into Bionicobot. That's my name's story...

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:43 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I used to be called "FieryRedDogTeko" Based on my dog Teko (whos is sadly now gone) and the whole fiery red part was because his fur was red.

But that was when i was 12 and I decided to move on and start fresh so I got rid of the "o" in Teko so it would become Tek then added a Nerd to it because i'm a freakin nerd with no life and boom TekNerd.

Dec 8, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Forum: Enter username.
Me: ignis
Forum: That username is unavailable.
Me: And why is it?
Forum: Username available.
Me: Eh? Close enough.

Dec 8, 2014 at 12:14 PM
"Huzzah!"
My username was well thought out at the time. Not really. I'll probably change it in the near future.

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:10 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
uh so i'm bad at making up names so i made it "thatnamelessguy" to represent my lack of ability to make up names
i might've used it for something else before this but this is the place where people actually started to call me that so yeah

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:21 PM
Forever 12
So, I got my username when I was signing up for Minecraft.

I couldn't think of anything, so I just named myself "Parkraft123", with "Park" being a part of my first name, Parker. I decided on having Craft spelt with a k, so I could combine it with Park and shorten my Username. Because of this, some people have mistakenly spelt my Username "Park Raft", thinking that there would normally be spaces, and that I was called Park raft. I only added the 123, just because I needed to have numbers when signing up for Minecraft. That, or someone already had the using name Parkraft.

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
Well, the name SeasonsOfDestiny came back from when I had joined the Spiderweb Software forums. When I was trying to come up with a username, I ended up settling on wanting it to include "Seasons" (probably because the weather was nice out or something). The "OfDestiny" probably came to be since I had been reading a lot of books at the time that had incorporated that idea into the plot. The result, SeasonsOfDestiny, didn't sound terrible, so I kept it.

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Perpetually out of it
I think it might've been 3 or 4 years ago when I was creating a youtube account when I decided on this name...
Before I settled on nadojin I didn't have much of a definitive username, most people just called me Tsuba anyway like they do now.
Most of em before nadojin involved a portemau of nintendo and *insert system name here* depending on what year it might've been.
I came to resent the old usernames mainly because for one they weren't original in the slightest and in the event of any sort of game related argument my username and its obvious ties to nintendo were often a weakness because it showed how bias I was.
I wanted something that probably wouldn't be taken by anyone else, and something that reflected my affection for japanese culture.
"Nado" really doesn't mean much of anything exacpt that it sounds remotely like what would happen if you tired to say the word 'nerd' in japanese and the "jin" part just means person or guy.
Yeah I dunno it sounded good at the time and it sorta just sticks now so I may as well go with it now that I don't hate the name.

Jan 2, 2015 at 2:32 AM
"Huzzah!"
Well... It started years ago when I started playing Toontown. My dog character's name was King Knuckles Sparkle Spinner...
And after a while of playing, I met a friend who told me about roblox.
I asked him what should I put my username as... he said Knuckles???? (4 numbers that I can't remember.) then I told him that didn't work because it didn't, it was already taken. then I think he said "Knuckles5577"... That worked. After that the username just seemed to stick. I started to like it. The reason why I named my Toontown dog that anyway was because of Knuckles from Sonic. He's one of favorite characters from the Sonic series.

Jan 2, 2015 at 3:40 AM
Hmm, nice to know I'm not the only one here who plays Toontown.