The Okay - Lace

May 10, 2012 at 5:41 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Hello there!

Here are some words that have to do with me:
Off-kilter, mathematics, interested, engaged, books, learning, ultimate, self-entertained, programming, cave stroy, atheism, politics, third wheel, the left, religion, UU, x86, extrovert, analytical, absorbent, school, trivia, wikipedia, argumentative, language, physics, abstraction, fascination, music, country, ideas, inaction, procrastination, hesitation, overthinking, inquisitive, booksmart, intuitive, zesty.

Other stuff:
I'm amurrican, a democrat, 17, male, aryan, exactly average height, moderately unattractive, ENTP, haven't started shaving yet, am interested in everything wd isn't (except cars. cars are boring), and essentially grew up on le frums.

I would like it if at least one person asked a question. I think that's a reasonable goal.

PS: I don't know if I'm supposed to be posting this now or later. Woopsie!

May 10, 2012 at 5:52 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Do you plan on growing a magnificent beard? Many women do so enjoy glorious face jungles.

May 10, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Do you like math?
Hahaha you say it as if that question needs to be answered

What do you mean, you "grew up on the forums"?
Why do you think cars are boring?
Do you think motorcycles are boring too? If so, give me ONE GOOD REASON why they are.

May 10, 2012 at 2:53 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Do you like math?
He hates it!

Anyway uh.

What led you to pursue knowledge/what fueled your ambition to become so smart and get good grades? Was it on your own terms and interests, or did it come from pressure and high expectations from your parents?

Why do you think everyone dislikes Obama? Why do you like him? (Not saying I don't)

Did you ever watch cartoons as a child?

Do you possess any homoerotic feelings for wedge of cheese?

Since YOU asked everyone (hiino) sexy questions, I'm throwing some on you. I used to lump you with the large group of wizards in the making of the forums, but lately I've been thinking I could be proven wrong!

What are your views on it? Is it the root of all evil?

Do you have fetishes at all?

What is your ideal woman?

Would you be uncomfortable if I bought you a stripper-filled birthday cake for your 18th?

If not, who would you want the stripper to be?

May 10, 2012 at 8:45 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
What programming languages do you know, and how well?

On a scale of 0-10, how much of a furry are you?

How old were you when your first started regularly using the internet?

May 10, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
When did your beard start growing? Did you have enough time to grow a bountiful face of hair or is it like an insanely shitty 5 o'clock shadow?

May 11, 2012 at 1:57 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
What political ideology do you identify with the most and why?

Do you feel western society and culture is in a decline or is the new paradigm of social norms we seem to be shifting towards not objectively "bad" but merely different and therefore difficult for those who grew up differently to accept?

Can anything be defined as objectively "bad" or "good" or is any action simply beneficial or detrimental to one's frame of reference / status?

If religion were abolished would humanity just find something else to obsess and/or fight over? Do you think this is already happening in a gradual sort of way with "cult of personality" pop culture worship? What would a crusade of N*Sync fans against Brittany Spears fans be like?

What about country music appeals to you?

Can the end justify the means?

Is the ecomony ever going to get fixed?

May 11, 2012 at 2:06 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
1. What, in your opinion, constitutes "artistic merit"? Should apply to all the arts, ideally.

2. What's a tension, and how do I pay it?

3. What's the probability of me murdering you if you answer yes to Dasu's 4th question?

4. I'm hoping you can at least do this - since you're the one who originally suggested doing it - pick one question from each previous well and answer it.

5. Most recent thing you fapped to?

6. Weirdest thing you've ever fapped to?

7. Do you have a preferred system of normative ethics (i.e. utilitarianism, deontology, some variant thereof)?

May 11, 2012 at 5:20 AM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
How argumentative?

I'm somewhat of an expert guinea pig on the subject.

May 11, 2012 at 7:03 PM
graters gonna grate
8. Choose any big/deep/philosophical question and answer it.

9. Top 5 XKCDs? Be sure to do it properly and list them from 5 to 1 rather than 1 to 5. Heck, go 4 to 0 if you're feeling particularly hardcore.

A. Would you rather witness a swordfight between Jesus and Noxid or a game of peek-a-boo between Obama and me?

B. Would your answer to the above question change if the former option were accompanied by Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun by Debussy and the latter option were accompanied by Mars from The Planets by Holst.

May 11, 2012 at 10:00 PM
daughter of chivalry
Arrgghhh you are tearing me apart Lacea

Favorite part of Cavecon?

What is one issue in the world that you would like to abolish? If you can't choose just one it's cool

Thing(s) that offend you greatly?

What are your plans for the future?

Are there any lifestyles you disagree with?

I guess this relates to the above and I also love asking this: is there a certain group of people (race, social status, age group, sex, etc) that you are prejudice against?

May 12, 2012 at 1:51 AM
1. Do you like math?
2. Who are you planning to be in future?
3. Favourite computer game?
1. I know this may come as a shock, but yes. I particularly like the stuff without numbers (abstract algebra, calc, knot theory, etc).
2. I don't have any plans for the future (past going to college).
3. Bugdom, probably. Maybe nanosaur or zoombinis.

1. What programming languages do you know, and how well?
2. On a scale of 0-10, how much of a furry are you?
3. How old were you when your first started regularly using the internet?
1. I've been reasonably proficient at a bunch in the past (C, C++, Java, HTML, javascript, some others), but my language skills atrophy alarmingly fast with disuse, so I can barely program in any of those any more (also I can't do OOP). The ones I still know are x86 Assembly, which I'm good but not great at, and Haskell, which I'm learning. I'm also a boss at TSC and GML, but those are both runtime.
2. Maybe a 1 or 2. I'm not good at scales like this. I never seek out furry stuff, but I don't think it's devilspawn or anything either.
3. 11, maybe earlier.

Do you plan on growing a magnificent beard? Many women do so enjoy glorious face jungles.
Haha no. When I said I don't shave I meant that I don't have to shave to keep my babyfacedness intact. Even if I could grow a beard in the (far) future, I don't know if I would. I'd look silly.

1. What do you mean, you "grew up on the forums"?
2. Why do you think cars are boring?
3. Do you think motorcycles are boring too? If so, give me ONE GOOD REASON why they are.
1. I thought that was relatively well put, but I guess I can dissect it if need be. I spent the span of years in which I was growing up on the forums, and they both served as an agent for and a catalyst of growth. A few members (particularly DB and WoC) helped me become less ridiculously ignorant about everything and were better (or at least more meaningful) friends than the majority of my rl friends, which also contributed to this being more my growing-up-place than the real world was. Does that make any more sense?
2. Well I don't think all the thinking that goes into engineering them is boring, but I do think all the brands and models and stuff and people caring about much besides utility and price is stupid.
3. Same thing.

1. What led you to pursue knowledge/what fueled your ambition to become so smart and get good grades? Was it on your own terms and interests, or did it come from pressure and high expectations from your parents?

2. Why do you think everyone dislikes Obama? Why do you like him? (Not saying I don't)

3. Did you ever watch cartoons as a child?

4. Do you possess any homoerotic feelings for wedge of cheese?

5. Since YOU asked everyone (hiino) sexy questions, I'm throwing some on you. I used to lump you with the large group of wizards in the making of the forums, but lately I've been thinking I could be proven wrong!

6. What are your views on it? Is it the root of all evil?

7. Do you have fetishes at all?

8. What is your ideal woman?

9. Would you be uncomfortable if I bought you a stripper-filled birthday cake for your 18th?

10. If not, who would you want the stripper to be?
1. I'm just interested in things. Up until I was about 10, I would read the Home Improvements Manual for fun actually all the time. I also loved The Way Things Work until I threw up on it and I spent most of my first years on the internet on howstuffworks (later graduating to wikipedia and then college thesis essays). I like reading, so I read a lot and therefore have a reasonably large vocabulary and knowledge of english; I like making stuff up, so I know a bunch about linguistics and religion and stuff so I can invent realistic cultures; I like physics, so I read about tensors and stuff on le wikis. When I was in third grade, me and my friend had a week or so in which we kept thinking of smaller particles than eachother, which is where most of my quantum mechanics knowledge comes from. I also have the boon of having interested and intelligent friends, so that seeps over too. I dunno. There isn't really any pressure except sibling rivalry.

2. Are you asking why I think everybody hates obama, when they actually don't, or whether I have any ideas about the cause of the exceedingly predominant viewpoint of hating Obama? In either case, you should reword your question - I don't believe either premise is true.

3. When I was sick I would watch dragon tales and sasha the siamese cat. Other than that the only television I watched was nova.

4. Did egyptians break the legs of model hippos so that they wouldn't do bad things to your friends in the afterlife?

5. This is not a question. I'm sorry I put a number next to it.

6. Views on what? Sex? The creation of the forums? I don't have particularly strong views on the former, but I kinda wish people would make less of a big deal about it. Especially tweenage boys and Game/Movie rating industries. Also all of america.

7. Yeah, but not really that many. I think futa (the hentai variety) are interesting, and I think getting cummed on would be fun (!?), but that's pretty much it.

8. I assume you mean as a romantic partner? Someone who I like talking to, who is interested in things, who is excitable about the things they care about, who has at least a modicum of humor, and who isn't a jerk. As far as appearance goes, I like brown hair and green eyes, but it doesn't really matter to me that much. Big ass-noses, obesity, anorexia, and tuh are all turn-offs.

9. Not unless it came at an inopportune moment. I wouldn't want my strippercake with parents around.

10. Steven Colbert.

When did your beard start growing? Did you have enough time to grow a bountiful face of hair or is it like an insanely shitty 5 o'clock shadow?
See my response to DA. My beard stated growing never.

1. What political ideology do you identify with the most and why?

2. Do you feel western society and culture is in a decline or is the new paradigm of social norms we seem to be shifting towards not objectively "bad" but merely different and therefore difficult for those who grew up differently to accept?

3. Can anything be defined as objectively "bad" or "good" or is any action simply beneficial or detrimental to one's frame of reference / status?

4. If religion were abolished would humanity just find something else to obsess and/or fight over? Do you think this is already happening in a gradual sort of way with "cult of personality" pop culture worship? What would a crusade of N*Sync fans against Brittany Spears fans be like?

5. What about country music appeals to you?

6. Can the end justify the means?

7. Is the ecomony ever going to get fixed?
1. Generally speaking, democrats. I'm extremely socially liberal and those issues matter to me the most (besides maybe people destroying my planet?), but I'm also a pretty strong believer in the free market (but not the unregulated free market). I don't like the idea of american exceptionalism, but I think it is sometimes necessary to intervene in other nations. Isolationism is stupid.

2. I don't understand your question. It doesn't seem to me like my parents' generation (those who grew up differently) think today's culture is any worse than theirs was.

3. Nothing can be objectively bad/good because badness/goodness are measured according to the beholder's values.

4. I think the role of religion in war is inflated far past the truth. While a few religious extremists (Al Qaeda, The Spanish Inquisition, The Westboro Babtist Church) do condemn/kill people based on the precepts of their religion, they are the exception, not the rule. Religious wars generally have something driving them besides religion, whether it be greed or xenophobia, and should religion disappear, those same things will keep causing and driving wars. I don't think pop culture worship is a manifestation of this. I would be sad in the NSync crusade because I'm a fan of both :[

5. Me and my dad used to listen to it together, so that's a big part. I also like that it doesn't take itself too seriously and that country fans aren't jerks. Other than that I just like it and can't put it into other terms than that. Here are a few I think are good (although I know you aren't too into songs with lyrics).

6. Rarely. I can't think of a situation in which doing something awful is okay because it's for the "greater good", but I don't want to give an absolute answer.

7. Yes. Just give it some time. Capitalism is amazingly versatile.

1. What, in your opinion, constitutes "artistic merit"? Should apply to all the arts, ideally.

2. What's a tension, and how do I pay it?

3. What's the probability of me murdering you if you answer yes to Dasu's 4th question?

4. I'm hoping you can at least do this - since you're the one who originally suggested doing it - pick one question from each previous well and answer it.

5. Most recent thing you fapped to?

6. Weirdest thing you've ever fapped to?

7. Do you have a preferred system of normative ethics (i.e. utilitarianism, deontology, some variant thereof)?
1. Evocativity. If art doesn't make me think or feel something, it's sucky art.

2. Ah, you misunderstand -- not what, but who. A. Tension is a pseudonym of mine. You can just deliver cash to my doorway if you want, but we could also set up a paypal if that's easier. The more cash, the better you do in school!

3. Why would I answer "Why do you like him?" with "Yes"? I think you'd have good reason to kill me. Also I totally didn't answer that question. Shoot.

4. I'll do this when I answer 7.

5. I couldn't remember, so I whacked off to this cutie.
y9ujb.jpg

6. See above.

7. I'll do this later, when I do other time intensive questions.

How argumentative?

I'm somewhat of an expert guinea pig on the subject.
Very argumentative!

8. Choose any big/deep/philosophical question and answer it.

9. Top 5 XKCDs? Be sure to do it properly and list them from 5 to 1 rather than 1 to 5. Heck, go 4 to 0 if you're feeling particularly hardcore.

A. Would you rather witness a swordfight between Jesus and Noxid or a game of peek-a-boo between Obama and me?

B. Would your answer to the above question change if the former option were accompanied by Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun by Debussy and the latter option were accompanied by Mars from The Planets by Holst.
8. Provide a list!

9. With 4 and 7!

A. Clearly the peek-a-boo. I could not imagine ever choosing the other option.

B. Listening now. Will edit.

Arrgghhh you are tearing me apart Lacea (I like this name!)

1. Favorite part of Cavecon?

2. What is one issue in the world that you would like to abolish? If you can't choose just one it's cool

3. Thing(s) that offend you greatly?

4. What are your plans for the future?

5. Are there any lifestyles you disagree with?

6. I guess this relates to the above and I also love asking this: is there a certain group of people (race, social status, age group, sex, etc) that you are prejudice against?
1. When we were driving home from apple picking and we pulled the uturn to get a picture of the sign. Risk was also fun, as was sitting at the same table while being on the forums.

2. The most important is probably lack of education, but I'd be down with getting rid of hunger, disease, and xenophobes as well.

3. Hating things simply because they're not normal to you.

4. I'm going to try to stay in school as long as physically possible, and hopefully at some point people will start paying me simply for being educated.

5. Cannibalism, serial killing, anything which negatively impacts people besides yourself.

6. People who act like being ignorant is something to be proud of, good lord.

Why must you insist upon tearing Dasu apart?
Nice and gory.

May 12, 2012 at 4:03 AM
graters gonna grate
8. Provide a list!

Alrighty then, here are your options:

a) Let's start with the really cliche - what is the purpose of life?

b) Is it possible for a person to become evil beyond all hope of redemption, or is there some hope, however small, for everyone?

c) What is consciousness and how does it come to exist?

d) What is the significance, if any, of the fact that the fundamental physical laws of the universe (as far as we know) seem to be aesthetically pleasing to us?

e) You said in your post that nothing can be objectively good or bad. Would you even extend this as far as to include things that seem "obviously" good or bad (i.e. friendship, laughter, murder, rape, global thermonuclear war, etc.)? If so, explain how.

f) Is the human mind fundamentally limited? In other words, are there certain concepts which are universally beyond our grasp, or are we capable of comprehending anything with enough time, patience, and critical thinking?

g) How much validity and/or utility is there to the notion of "true love" (the notion that there is exactly one person who is your ideal lifelong companion)?

You may pick more than one of these if you are so inclined, though I understand you don't have a ton of time to devote to this. Despite said understanding, I'm going to pose a few more questions here:

E. Are there any particular letters in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator for which you seem to have a particular affinity for people with those letters?

F. What would you do for a Klondike Bar?

10. Have you tried any assembly languages other than x86?

11. Rank the 7 deadly sins in terms of how much negative influence they have on you.

12. Rank the 7 deadly sins in terms of how much total influence (positive, negative, or neutral) they have on you.

May 12, 2012 at 4:04 AM
daughter of chivalry
I meant "Why do you think people dislike Omaba"

Also please don't hurt me ;~;

Do you sometimes look down on others less intelligent than you?

Have you been bullied? If so, what for?

What is something about you that people would be surprised to know?

Go back 2 years. Describe yourself. Are you any different?

Favorite incident of forum drama?

What do you think of yourself? What do you consider your flaws?

What turned you on to cav store?

Do you have a certain viewpoint on things that others may find offensive? (Ex: women are lower than men)

May 12, 2012 at 4:10 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
What do you think the ramifications of a machine that could tell if someone was lying with 100% accuracy and was as simple to operate as a flashlight would be on society / the world? Do you think it would be unequivocally beneficial, as portrayed in The Truth Machine, or would there be unforseen consequences? Please explain your answer.

May 12, 2012 at 4:11 AM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
What are your personal hell and personal heaven?

Favourite 4-digits number? case answer != 'none'; why?

What is your theory regarding whatever lies out of our universe? Does it explain the Big Bang and/or how our universe is going to end?

Do you have any cool math jokes?

Do you think I ask too many questions about math? Do you think that would be because my mental image of you mostly involves math?

Do you like enigmas about probabilities?

Favourite kind of chocolate?

If you were making a game (not necessarily a CS mod), how would you describe it (concept, graphics, plot, whatever you have in mind)?

May 14, 2012 at 11:56 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
y u no answer questions

May 14, 2012 at 3:45 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
how LAZY do you have to BE