3. Jesus fuck what the hell, Game Freak

Feb 26, 2012 at 3:44 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Nintendo, why u no make 4 3ds?

Feb 26, 2012 at 3:52 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Not sure how I feel about this =/ I've never even gone through White.

I would have preferred they come out with Grey or do something predictable again. But I guess they thought it was about time to throw us a curve ball.

Feb 26, 2012 at 4:25 AM
"Huzzah!"
The DS is still a marketable games platform, I see.

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:09 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
If they're actually sequels then I will buy it. If they're another game like Crystal or Platinum, then grr..

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:13 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
No, they're sequels. Same Pokemon, same region, maybe even the same characters... sounds about as creative as the title! :D

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:17 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
It should be Pokemon Onyx and Off White

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:18 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I'm okay with this :orangebell: Maybe I'm missing something but the first two didn't appear to have any way to go back and fight old trainers/gym leaders after beating them, so I've been at kind of a loss about what to do since clearing out all the routes. Even if GF simply take Black & White's base and improve it that should make for something good, and really the series is already broken competitively so I have little care for that part anymore.

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Kinda bummed that I sold my DS now.

Feb 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Curse the idiot(s) who invented emulators. If they didn't exist, then I'd never play Pokémon Black and White. And Kyurem with new Formes? That's something I didn't expect... They probably suspected that we would think that they'd make Pokémon Grey, and then they go and make B&W2! From what I've read on Google or some other site, though, there is a site for Pokémon Grey, apparently, so maybe they're going to make it sometime in the future after they finished B&W2.

No, they're sequels. Same Pokemon, same region, maybe even the same characters... sounds about as creative as the title! :D
If there are new characters I'd be surprised. If they only change the character sprites, then I'm not going to be that surprised.

I'm okay with this :orangebell: Maybe I'm missing something but the first two didn't appear to have any way to go back and fight old trainers/gym leaders after beating them, so I've been at kind of a loss about what to do since clearing out all the routes. Even if GF simply take Black & White's base and improve it that should make for something good, and really the series is already broken competitively so I have little care for that part anymore.
Pity that old trainers/gym leaders can't be rebattled (save for some trainers, such as those in Nimbasa's stadiums, the Battle Subway, and the eighth Badge's town, where a triple/rotation battle can be done). Basically, the only thing I do is train all my Pokémon to Level 100, take the Battle Subway on (my Pokémon should know pretty good moves when they are Level 100) and try not to cheat. I already cheated by making my Pikachu able to use Ice Beam and Frost Breath. I just hope that B&W2 will have some more new stuff than just Kyurem's Black and White Formes.

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:04 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
If they're actually sequels then I will buy it. If they're another game like Crystal or Platinum, then grr..
Crystal and Emerald were the two most unpopular main-franchise games ever made, by a long shot, Platinum did alright but they want to try something different for sales probably.

I don't know... I might buy it. My Pokemon Black is in Japanese so it might be good to get a game from the same gen that is in English. Plus I want to know what sequels are like :rolleyes:

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:47 AM
"Huzzah!"
It's nice to see that some devs are willing to stick with last-gen hardware. The DS is capable of some pretty sweet graphics if pushed hard enough.

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:16 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Yeah.
I'll be glad if they do something about the clowns though. I am scared of those guys!
And I wonder if Kyurem will be an event Pokémon in B&W2? Hopefully not!

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:32 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I'm interested to see how it'll turn out. I was actually really hoping for a remake of RSE instead of this, but I guess this is okay... :(

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:05 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
RSE were the closest to perfection Pokémon ever achieved, they don't need remakes. I was extremely disappointed in HGSS, and think it was an amazing idea for Game Freak to go in this direction. I actually hope these are being made instead of RSE remakes.

I'm still waiting for Grey, though mumble grumble...

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:48 AM
I don't think GF will release a Pokemon Grey version if they're going to do B/W 2.

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Anyways, I wonder what new features they'll add. Hopefully they'll yet you rematch Gym Leaders, or maybe other trainers like Joe who want to show off their Ratatta.

Mar 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
My only problem is that there's no new Pokemon >:
Also, how are they gonna transfer files from one game to the next with only one DS?