Switch to IPBoard?

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's php, man.
Get with the times. (you can do ANYTHING after a question mark!)
Wrong.

This is what your url SHOULD look like:
Code:
http://latex.codecogs.com/gif.latex?%5Cbg_white%20%5C%5CS%28f%29%28t%29%3DS%28f%29%28t-%5CDelta%20t%29+%28f%28t%29-S%28f%29%28t-%5CDelta%20t%29%29%5Ccdot%20K%5Ccdot%5CDelta%20t%20%5C%5C%20%5C%5C%20%5Cfrac%7BS%28f%29%28t%29-S%28f%29%28t-%5CDelta%20t%29%7D%7B%5CDelta%20t%7D%3D%28f%28t%29-S%28f%29%28t-%5CDelta%20t%29%29%5Ccdot%20K

Note the leading http:// and the url encoded brackets, slashes and spaces in the query string (the thing after the question mark). I also added in white bg for use on dark skins.

When using this thing:
http://www.codecogs....latex/about.php
..use the urlencode option to produce actual usable urls. -_-;

And neither php nor any other serverside language have anything to do with query strings. Sure they can use query strings, but query strings exist independent from any serverside language.

Apparently I am "not allowed to use that image extension on this community" >:C
I set .latex as a valid image extension. Works now.

Okay, everything's fixed.
I just didn't understand because my last few avatars were well over 100x100 pixels. Even Fab's avatar was 300x300 at first.
I changed that really early on. 300x300 is far too big.

I think what's more important is adding the emotes panel back in D:
Click the emote button in the editor and the emote panel will open up at the bottom.

Jan 20, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
But not all the emotes come when you do that! I mean, where's :awesomeface:?
Open up the emotes box and click the arrow on the right-hand side of the box. Or alternatively open the emotes box and then click on "show all".

If it helps at all I've just reordered the emotes in the box.

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:30 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
It would appear that copy-pasting things into the text editor tries to preserve the original colour and size of whatever was being copied. For example:

Open up the emotes box and click the arrow on the right-hand side of the box. Or alternatively open the emotes box and then click on "show all".

Which looks fine to me but on CS Lite it's incredibly faint. It would be great if the editor's paste function could be "dumbed down" a bit, or have the formatted pasting optional rather than default.

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Well now it's plaintext only when pasting. Of course this also applies to internal copy and pasting, so switch to source mode and copy the bbcode for that.

It might make more sense for me to enable the buttons in source mode and make that the default view, but if I edit the editor's js too extensively then it'll just make upgrading the forums very painful to do when it may come time to do so.

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Why can I not have a custom usertitle? I've been here for over 100 days, even if my ban one dorsn' count.
Is this an IPBoard glitch, or does the timer reset when you're banned or something?

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Hey, maybe it counts TO THE SECOND. At what time did you join??

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Lol Qwexe that would be stupid why would the forums count in seconds? most forums including this one counts in minutes/hours.

Feb 4, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Lol Qwexe that would be stupid why would the forums count in seconds? most forums including this one count in minutes/hours.
Both unix timestamps and mysql datetime fields store the number of seconds in addition to minutes, hours, and date. This would have been the case with the old forums as well. Just because it doesn't show the number of seconds on your user profile doesn't mean that it doesn't store it or use it in date comparisons.

Feb 5, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Based Member
Oh, hey. So now that this topic is bumped, could we get some conversion glitch fixes going again? Please? If so, here's what's still to be done:

1) We still haven't gotten those signpost sprites from Cave Story next to the topics back yet.
2) Hyperlinks and image imbeds embeds still do not show up as bbcode.
3) If the number of open and close quotes are not equal to each other in a post, then it will tell you, and not publish the post. This is very annoying. I wish it would allow your error to go, then you could see where the problem is,and fix it, instead of having to carfully look through your post and find the extra open/close quote. You also get this if your post has more than ten quotes, regardless of wether or not the number of openings equals the number of closes.
4) I know you said you were having trouble getting this to work, but it would still be nice if one's age would be displayed above the user's post.

Feb 5, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
1) We still haven't gotten those signpost sprites from Cave Story next to the topics back yet.
Without the key at the bottom it just would have made things confusing, so I purposefully omitted it.

2) Hyperlinks and image imbeds still do not show up as bbcode.
You mean "embeds" right? As I mentioned before, such a thing would require medium to large scale changes to the editor's code, all of which would need to be recreated or reinserted every single time I upgrade the forums. While fixing the spoiler, hide, and youtube buttons in the editor was all well and good, I do not wish to go far beyond that since it would just become unmanageable.

3) If the number of open and close quotes are not equal to each other in a post, then it will tell you, and not publish the post. This is very annoying. I wish it would allow your error to go, then you could see where the problem is,and fix it, instead of having to carfully look through your post and find the extra open/close quote.
I am not sure how to change this, so I can't help you there. Plus it isn't really a bug.

4) I know you said you were having trouble getting this to work, but it would still be nice if one's age would be displayed above the user's post.
It may be possible if I can insert php into the template and calculate it manually, but I shouldn't make the change while the forums are live, so it'd have to wait until the next time I upgrade the forums, whenever that might be.

Feb 5, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Based Member
Without the key at the bottom it just would have made things confusing, so I purposefully omitted it.
I see. And would it be too much effort to add a key at the bottom?

You mean "embeds" right?
Whoops, yes. That's what I meant.
As I mentioned before, such a thing would require medium to large scale changes to the editor's code, all of which would need to be recreated or reinserted every single time I upgrade the forums. While fixing the spoiler, hide, and youtube buttons in the editor was all well and good, I do not wish to go far beyond that since it would just become unmanageable.
*sigh* Alright.

I am not sure how to change this, so I can't help you there. Plus it isn't really a bug.
Indeed, it is not a bug, but it is aggrivating none the less.

It may be possible if I can insert php into the template and calculate it manually, but I shouldn't make the change while the forums are live, so it'd have to wait until the next time I upgrade the forums, whenever that might be.
Ok.

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:41 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Some more things
URL parsing works in Profile Message comments, but still botches on the actual profile messages. It's really frustrating :/
The display size of an avatar on profiles is 100x100, but on posts it's 90x90. This causes images that should be correct to get unexpectedly resized, and makes a bit of a mess of pixel-art avatars.
Never mind, I guess that was just the fault of the ancient version of firefox I have at work.

Feb 24, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Based Member
Also, I forgot to mention when I brought up the quote tags. The error message for the non-matching number of quotes also shows up if more than ten quote boxes are used in the post, regardless of wether the number of opens is equal to the number of closes. And what happens to posts with more than ten quote boxes that were posted before the IPBoard conversion? Take a look at what's become of DoubleThink's mod guide. Plus, admins and moderators aren't able to change the avatars of normal users on IPBoard, so Noxid isn't able to give that spiffy new avatar to all banned members, which would be funny. :(

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:33 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
When I post on someone else's wall/profile area/whatever, I don't get a notification if someone replied back to it. Sometimes I never even know whether or not the person has replied, and I eventually find the reply right where it should be, without giving me a notification. In theory, I could get a notification if I put a reply in the same area, but it still would be nice if I was notified even if I don't reply in the same area.

Feb 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Also, I forgot to mention when I brought up the quote tags. The error message for the non-matching number of quotes also shows up if more than ten quote boxes are used in the post, regardless of wether the number of opens is equal to the number of closes. And what happens to posts with more than ten quote boxes that were posted before the IPBoard conversion? Take a look at what's become of DoubleThink's mod guide. Plus, admins and moderators aren't able to change the avatars of normal users on IPBoard, so Noxid isn't able to give that spiffy new avatar to all banned members, which would be funny. :(
Actually it's just Moderators that can't. I can't find a way to fix that though. If you can find an app, mod, or hook for IPBoard 3.2.x that allows the changing of avatars from the Moderator CP then let me know. Quotes, however, should be working now.

When I post on someone else's wall/profile area/whatever, I don't get a notification if someone replied back to it. Sometimes I never even know whether or not the person has replied, and I eventually find the reply right where it should be, without giving me a notification. In theory, I could get a notification if I put a reply in the same area, but it still would be nice if I was notified even if I don't reply in the same area.
That should be under your user settings I would think. I could be wrong though.

Feb 26, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
The thing is, every box is checked in the notification column except for the ones relating to Posts & Threads, and I still have not been recording notifications.
For example: http://www.cavestory.org/forums/profile-posts/26211/
Two weeks later, I found out that he posted on that again, and I have not received any notifications.
Not to mention, I didn't receive notifications from the 2 messages posted before that.

Edit: I am only notified if I post a reply, then I receive the notifications because of the "receive notifications for statuses you replied to" thing. If I don't, I'm never notified.

Last edited by a moderator: