Tribute Site Submissions (Fanart, Music, etc.) or Suggestions

Feb 26, 2012 at 7:29 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Feb 29, 2012 at 6:33 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
View attachment 177

my fan art :)
I didn't make them from scratch, I used a photo editing programme. does it still count?

Mar 3, 2012 at 3:41 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I didn't make them from scratch, I used a photo editing programme. does it still count?
In this case I don't think it does. Sorry about that.

Did you put the org->ptcop converter on there
I think that's something people might find handy
Forgot to mention this, it's up.

Mar 15, 2012 at 3:58 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
hama beads

and Balrog toaster ^_^

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
They're up.

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Thank you !! :D

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:26 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
You guys have a fanfiction section? I wouldn't be surprised if you don't, considering I haven't been all that impressed with what I've seen on ff.net, but I wrote something here on the off chance that anyone deems it quality enough.

Mostly for catharsis since it bothered me that no one addressed the deaths of Toroko and King in-game. I would like to do more in the future if people want that.

Aug 7, 2012 at 6:25 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
You guys have a fanfiction section? I wouldn't be surprised if you don't, considering I haven't been all that impressed with what I've seen on ff.net, but I wrote something here on the off chance that anyone deems it quality enough.

Mostly for catharsis since it bothered me that no one addressed the deaths of Toroko and King in-game. I would like to do more in the future if people want that.

It's an ok fic but it's kind of short. Also if you think about it everyone else might not actually know that Toroko and King died, only Quote, Balrog, Misery and the Doctor witnessed it.

Aug 7, 2012 at 6:50 AM
Nope, we don't, sorry

No prob. In all likelihood, it's better that way.

It's an ok fic but it's kind of short. Also if you think about it everyone else might not actually know that Toroko and King died, only Quote, Balrog, Misery and the Doctor witnessed it.

It was only meant to be a short exercise. It sort of depends on whether or not Quote brought it up (which I doubt). Otherwise, that one-shot essentially assumes that the mimiga aren't entirely stupid and suspect something's up when they never showed up again. But who knows.

Edit: Typo fix.

Aug 7, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Based Member
Wouldn't this have been an okay place to submit that? I know it's been over two months since the last post, but the rules say you can bump if it is in reply to the original topic.

Aug 8, 2012 at 2:50 AM
Wouldn't this have been an okay place to submit that? I know it's been over two months since the last post, but the rules say you can bump if it is in reply to the original topic.

Thanks for letting me know about that, I hadn't seen it before. I saw a few people make their own threads for their fanfics though.

I'm going to read everything there but I probably won't have anything to contribute to it in the future. This fandom doesn't really want fanfiction and I've been discouraged from my ideas repeatedly, either being told that writing for CS is next to impossible or that I should turn my ideas into story-driven mods (I totally would, if I had any concept of level designing, but I don't).

So yeah.

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:07 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Pales in comparison to the #1 fanfiction thread, "Your Cave Stories!"

Aug 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
either being told that writing for CS is next to impossible or that I should turn my ideas into story-driven mods (I totally would, if I had any concept of level designing, but I don't).
Cave Story is not a particularly deep or thoughtful story in and of itself. I don't see why anyone would say writing for CS should be next to impossible.

Aug 9, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Pales in comparison to the #1 fanfiction thread, "Your Cave Stories!"

That was the best thread. The dramatic reading of the Kazuma/Quote on page 4~5 literally made me laugh aloud.

Cave Story is not a particularly deep or thoughtful story in and of itself. I don't see why anyone would say writing for CS should be next to impossible.

I don't fully understand it myself, but I'm going to take a stab at it and assume that attempting to interpret/add depth to something that is prima facie lighthearted just doesn't sit with a lot of people because they feel like the original spirit/flavor of the source material has been deviated from.

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:47 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Can you add the black version of the doctor I drew?

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:44 AM
Aug 19, 2012 at 12:08 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
uh, sure?
the fandom needs more black story

Aug 19, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"