New profile posts

Because I can.
That was my first status update, approximately 8 years ago. I miss forum culture. Something brought me back to it today and I don’t know what. I don’t think I will stay here for long, but I am glad to have been part of it. If you're active here, please continue to be. As the internet becomes more and more fractured, private, and niche, it's important to not only reminisce about but also maintain the open dialogue and candid connections that this medium encouraged.
Say things.
Because you can.
Jade
Jade
Nicalis has activated the chip they implanted into every cave story player
Serri
Serri
Nicalis does what Nintencalis
A while back around last Sunday, I was stalked around by one person on this forum and I was like, how did this person found out that I was on a forum site like this one without me even knowing like this was some scary shit right there. I think it was Flyer, if I remember correctly, and that shit pretty much caught me off guard. So I decided to confront him and told him to stop stalking me because that type of stuff is really creepy and it's completely wrong. But as I knew that wasn't gonna work and I decided to try my best to reason with them as much as I can until they finally got banned from the forums or so. Luckily, one of the staff members were able to get those people to stop stalking me cause I reported them to the staff members about his and one of his friends stalking behavior. I gotta thank the staff for this cause I've been dealing with them since this happened the summer of last year on twitter. I'm gonna go back to discord to chat or something. If anyone wants to talk to me on discord, just ask me about my discord tag on the forum conversations and I'll give it to you.
Sonulianic
Sonulianic
Be thankful that situation is resolved so yeah, those dudes were the ones who caused the drama on the forums. I'm keeping it out of the side and reporting them incase any of those people who I know are stalking me on the forums.
burger.jpg
Soooo I was freaking out and getting upset over nothing.... it was one bmp that was broken for some reason!
Mint
Mint
Yeah I've had that before when I was saving bmps in 32-bit.
.... So either I sacrifice creativity by using the freeware engine (stupid 24 bit colors), or I sacrifice being able to use bl's assembly hacks by switching to another engine
Jade
Jade
Use a sprite editing software like Aseprite or Libresprite to export bmps properly
knuckles5577
knuckles5577
I was using paint.net... I saved them as 24-bit. I'm assuming I made my sprites with too many colors... Unless paint.net just isn't good enough*
Mint
Mint
Paint.net is totally fine, I've been using it for almost 10 years and it hasn't stopped me.
i've decided that I am going to redo my old ideas. At least some of them... SO yes, I'm gonna get back into cs modding. even though I still don't know any assembly...
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
You don't need assembly to make a good mod.
knuckles5577
knuckles5577
I suppose that is true but I do need custom things in my mod... some of which cannot simply be done with any of the current tools available. therefore, i will need assembly hacks at some point.
for example, my mod is going to at least have two new weapons. i might also need a few new bosses. i'm also gonna need a custom ai companion similar to curly, but a bit different and more complex.
Sonulianic
Sonulianic
Nice. I haven't mod Cave Story before. Not once in my life.
So just recently, I decided to get some patches for twilight menu on my 3ds and I had a great time using it. I had the widescreen and circle pad patches added on to my 3ds so that I can try it out myself. And it worked. It was a pain in the neck to get it to work, but I was able to make it work. I had a great time using it on my 3ds.
DoubleThink
DoubleThink
Whatever this other crap is you can keep it off the site
Sonulianic
Sonulianic
Yeah. I think it was for the best. At least I tried be reasonable and reported those people who were going after me and stalking me everywhere online. I'll take your words as a consideration.
Sonulianic
Sonulianic
Thanks for the advice btw.
i kinda wanna take another crack at cave story modding since i'm older now... but i wanna continue my old concepts... some of it still in my head... but i have none of the stuff from my old mods...
Does anyone know where I can find a download of the sample music bundled with piyopiyo player/editor without the garbled filenames?
I'm probably gonna have to make a new discord account because my current discord account uses the email for my old school, which I no longer go to.
Brayconn
Brayconn
There should be an option in account settings to change your email
Sonulianic
Sonulianic
I see, I've also used a discord alts too.
New Misery dropped, were you there when archaeologists unearthed Misery
Raymundo
Raymundo
I keep my finger on the pulse of anything Misery related, I already saw the facepic
Jade
Jade
They recreated Misery's vocal chords using a 3d scan of Misery's body