Why did Sue survive?

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:46 AM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I agree with cultr1 to a certain extent. Possessed Sue can still hit, unless dodging is one's strategy (I never dodge the possessed Sue). As for the Undead Core, it's a slice of pizza (I hate cake, hence I don't use "piece of cake") if both are down.

On topic, as for how Sue survives, she was turned into a Mimiga by Misery, who was under the control of the wearer of the Demon Crown (Fuyuhiko Date, aka the Doctor). Maybe his good side (if he was 99% evil, 1% good) wanted her to live along with Misery, so when the Core is taken down, he uses the last of his power to restore them both back to normal. That's my first theory.

My second theory is that Misery cast some sort of revival spell on Sue after the Undead Core is destroyed, before disappearing, although how Quote gets knocked out I don't understand. The quake, maybe? He's a robot, quakes aren't supposed to knock him out!

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Banned
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
MAYBE you never fought Sue! It might have been an altered, genetic COPY of her! Right then, she could have been teleported away by the UCore. Upon defeating him, genetic copy Sue is gone, and real Sue teleports back!

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:49 PM
The Eternal Darkness
I agree with cultr1 to a certain extent. Possessed Sue can still hit, unless dodging is one's strategy (I never dodge the possessed Sue). As for the Undead Core, it's a slice of pizza (I hate cake, hence I don't use "piece of cake") if both are down. On topic, as for how Sue survives, she was turned into a Mimiga by Misery, who was under the control of the wearer of the Demon Crown (Fuyuhiko Date, aka the Doctor). Maybe his good side (if he was 99% evil, 1% good) wanted her to live along with Misery, so when the Core is taken down, he uses the last of his power to restore them both back to normal. That's my first theory. My second theory is that Misery cast some sort of revival spell on Sue after the Undead Core is destroyed, before disappearing, although how Quote gets knocked out I don't understand. The quake, maybe? He's a robot, quakes aren't supposed to knock him out!
MAYBE you never fought Sue! It might have been an altered, genetic COPY of her! Right then, she could have been teleported away by the UCore. Upon defeating him, genetic copy Sue is gone, and real Sue teleports back!
That is a good theory. Haven't thought about that. Or maybe it could be one of her many clones made by the Doctor whilst Quote traverses the "Final" Cave, anything is possible. Very good theory.

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:10 AM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Now, I'm not usually the one to stand up for theism, but maybe, being that this is a world of Pixel's creation, he has complete control over life and death.

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:35 AM
The Eternal Darkness
Now, I'm not usually the one to stand up for theism, but maybe, being that this is a world of Pixel's creation, he has complete control over life and death.

So he lets King, Toroko, Igor and all those other innocents die like that without lifting a finger to stop the Doctor, but when the Undead Core is destroyed, he allows Sue and Misery to live? That's a good theory, I suppose. If I didn't misunderstand it in some weird way.

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Yes. Pixel works in mysterious ways. The only thing we can be sure of is that his influence will make things more fun.

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:38 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
So he lets King, Toroko, Igor and all those other innocents die like that without lifting a finger to stop the Doctor, but when the Undead Core is destroyed, he allows Sue and Misery to live? That's a good theory, I suppose. If I didn't misunderstand it in some weird way.

You think that's unfair too?

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:52 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Feb 27, 2012 at 7:56 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Wait a Tick, Couldn't Misery AND The Doc Warp?
Why didn't they just warp Into The Storeroom, take the flower seeds, and leave? I'm pretty sure that they could've had their operation start at any moment before you entered the sand zone. Oh. My. God. The Doc FORCED you to KILL TOROKO :balrog: !!

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:08 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Maybe they weren't certain where the storeroom was. Maybe they thought it was in an area of the Sand Zone that doesn't appear in the game, whilst they thought that the place where the actual storeroom was, was just another house. And Fuyuhiko Date did force Quote to kill Toroko, poor Mimiga. Wonder what would happen if King managed to stop Balrog from feeding Toroko a flower? Would Misery kill them both or not? And why did Sue become a Mimiga at her spell? Was it in self-defense or on command of the Doctor? Numerous unanswered questions wait in the game...