Why couldn't I sign up with a hotmail account?

Apr 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Try emailing me instead:
realmmaster26@hotmail.com

Apr 10, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
+1 to the thread.

I totally just tried this now because I use my hotmail as a primary for anything but the sites I trust the most - too much spam otherwise - and I run a whole host of filters. Thankfully I already had a gmail account set to forward to the hotmail because I hate managing n-billion accounts everywhere, but still was quite annoyed that I had to apply this roundabout approach and that I can't change it to be my hotmail even after I've set up and confirmed the account.

Also. I love the irony that the e-mail andwhyisit posted is a hotmail address xP. For spambots indeed.

Apr 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I figured out the problem. One of the email filters was written "*tmail*" instead of "*@tmail.com", so it was matching the "hotmail.com" in your email address. How the heck this went unnoticed for so long is beyond me. I've fixed it, so hopefully there won't be any more blocked hotmail accounts.

Apr 23, 2012 at 8:24 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I obviously don't need this anymore, but I'm curious now... If I would've tried using my alternate hotmail account (a hotmail.ca account for my secondary Xbox LIVE profile), it would've still been blocked, right?

Also, it apparently is 10 days, not 10 posts for private messaging, since I have access to it now, and didn't after my last 2 posts...