Sue's Workshop - New version in Development!

May 27, 2009 at 12:29 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Wow, this is an awesome idea, especially the concept of a project that patches CS!

And, "programm"? German spelling, lol :D

May 27, 2009 at 1:12 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
wedge of cheese said:
Wow, this is an awesome idea, especially the concept of a project that patches CS!

Thanks.

SeriousFace said:
congrats shiny

Thank you.

May 27, 2009 at 1:48 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Plus if you will give away the "Patch", you will give away all the mod data. If you do it the way I'm doing it, noone will be able to load it back into SW, without having the Project Files. (Except he is good at exe hacking)
This means your mod is kinda protected too.
Ah. I get what you are saying. I guess I was hoping for a patching solution a little too much.

S. P. Gardebiter said:
There are already enough "Patching" programms.
There are plenty of patching formats, but they are for just 1 file per patch. Cave Story is made up of over 400 different files. Maybe Aeon Genesis can tell us how they did their patching program. *shrug* Anyway this is getting offtopic sooo...

Are you planning to put any CE features into SW? It would be cool to have an all-in-one editor.

May 27, 2009 at 3:02 PM
Hoxtilicious
andwhyisit said:
Are you planning to put any CE features into SW? It would be cool to have an all-in-one editor.

Yeah, I'm going to implent all of the CE features into SW.

May 27, 2009 at 6:38 PM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
How about macros?

EG Say I can copy the script that activates when you get a health-up and put it in a list of macros, then name the macro and when I want to have a health up in the game I can just type in the macro with the amount of health I want and when I save the project it will automatically insert the macro. Basically how macros work in C/C++ except with TSC.

Also once someone patches their game with yours, won't they just be able to open it up with CE or an older version of Sues and see everything anyway? Unless you plan to encrypt stuff, but that seems like a lot of unnecessary effort.

May 27, 2009 at 7:04 PM
Hoxtilicious
dooey100 said:
How about macros?

EG Say I can copy the script that activates when you get a health-up and put it in a list of macros, then name the macro and when I want to have a health up in the game I can just type in the macro with the amount of health I want and when I save the project it will automatically insert the macro. Basically how macros work in C/C++ except with TSC.

It edits the TSC and the Maps directly. It just doesn't edit the exe directly, so Macros won't be there, though I can do something like a "script list".

dooey100 said:
Also once someone patches their game with yours, won't they just be able to open it up with CE or an older version of Sues and see everything anyway? Unless you plan to encrypt stuff, but that seems like a lot of unnecessary effort.

What do you mean by their game with yours?
It's all the same game.
Unless you mean "Mod" instead of game. You can only patch an original exe and only import an exe which isn't edited by the new version of SW.
I won't tell you what I'm doing, but trust me, you can't open it with the old SW/CE anymore.

May 28, 2009 at 5:22 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
What I meant is say I have a box where I type in a series of commands, and then name that series of commands <HEU then in my TSC file, I can type <HEU and press compile* and it will automatically insert the original series of commands wherever it sees <HEU.

Also unless you plan to change the format of TSC, PXE, or PXM files, anyone will be able to put an original .exe into the folder and open that with CE/SW to be able to edit the maps and scripts.

*I know its not actually compiling anything but thats besides the point

May 28, 2009 at 11:46 AM
squidward
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I was wondering...

Would it be possible to have transparency in Cave Story?

May 28, 2009 at 12:53 PM
not without a whole bunch of hacking.

May 28, 2009 at 12:55 PM
squidward
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Meh, It would be awesome if it were...

May 28, 2009 at 5:13 PM
graters gonna grate
One thing I'd like to see in this is an option to add some or all of Lace's special TSC commands.

May 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
That would involve ASM hacking of the EXE, which I really doubt Sue's could pull off without breaking something; especially if you do it, and other ASM hacks, multiple times.

May 28, 2009 at 9:43 PM
graters gonna grate
Yeah, that's true I guess. Also, SP make sure you make it so that the patched *.exe is compatible with shssigi's sound pusher, either that or have a sound editor built in to your editor, cause that's a very cool/useful feature.

May 28, 2009 at 11:01 PM
Hoxtilicious
wedge of cheese said:
One thing I'd like to see in this is an option to add some or all of Lace's special TSC commands.

I'm going to add an TSC command importer/exporter/editor, when the ASM Compiler is done.

ZarroTsu said:
That would involve ASM hacking of the EXE, which I really doubt Sue's could pull off without breaking something; especially if you do it, and other ASM hacks, multiple times.

Sue will not edit the EXE directly, so it can't break anything.

wedge of cheese said:
Yeah, that's true I guess. Also, SP make sure you make it so that the patched *.exe is compatible with shssigi's sound pusher, either that or have a sound editor built in to your editor, cause that's a very cool/useful feature.

I'm going to code a sound importer/exporter.

dooey100 said:
What I meant is say I have a box where I type in a series of commands, and then name that series of commands <HEU then in my TSC file, I can type <HEU and press compile* and it will automatically insert the original series of commands wherever it sees <HEU.

You can have costum TSC commands, but that will be a feature avaible in the future. I won't build in macros though.

dooey100 said:
Also unless you plan to change the format of TSC, PXE, or PXM files, anyone will be able to put an original .exe into the folder and open that with CE/SW to be able to edit the maps and scripts.

I consider Maps and Scripts as minor edits. I'm speaking of much more important information.

May 29, 2009 at 12:10 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
I'm going to code a sound importer/exporter.
Any support for changing instruments (the ones used by .org files)?

May 29, 2009 at 2:48 PM
Hoxtilicious
andwhyisit said:
Any support for changing instruments (the ones used by .org files)?

Maybe :3

Jun 3, 2009 at 11:27 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Perhaps an in built npc editor like cave editor has. I'm okay with using wedge's npc editor but I guess that an in built one would be slightly more convenient.

Did someone say making a little thing that says what each TSC command does? Well maybe what you could do is put all the ANP list at the side with the TSC commands. Maybe with some of these things you won't get as many over-answered questions.

Jun 3, 2009 at 2:04 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
So how is it so far? I am so eager to get it ASAP. I have been using Sue's workshop for years, and it is my editor of choice. But when I found out that it had been discontinued, I was real sad. But now that it is re-continued, I am happy again! But, like most others would say, I think it would be good for a built in NPC editor for basic stuff such as HP, attack power, and speed.
Well, great work with it so far! But I don't like the idea that there are "patches". That makes so no one can edit it. That makes people KEEP asking for the something to edit the mod, making the person who made it go crazy. Then people will want to use mods for an example to get how TRA or some command works, but can't. Well, it's all a matter of opinion, but in mine, I say no. Hope you can make it in to a good editor! That means I can FINALLY see a help file! (Maybe....)
Another idea. Maybe you could make scripting as easy as possible? Like say you wanted to make a heart capsule somewhere, then you could make the program make event #5000
since no place uses that. Then the program could add the code for the heart capsule. After that, it opens up a box and says "How much max health will it raise?". Then you would type it in, and the program would add ML+XXXX in event #5000 in the right place. That would mean that you just make a heart capsule, type in value, done! Makes a lot of stuff quicker. But it is already quick as it is, just an idea...

Jun 6, 2009 at 8:47 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Probably not, this SW will follow a totally new concept.

Instead of editing the .exe you will edit projects.
Then after you are done with work, you will click on "patch" and it will copy a original exe file and patch it.
So it can't really break anything.

Anyway, you will be able to import your mods though. But maybe it will be able to "open" and "edit" exe files also.

1) You will change the music after you patched the exe.
Though I will make a version that hopefully can import music itself, so you probably don't need resource hacker anymore.

2) I'm already planning to do that.

3) Yep, that will be avaible too.

I'm already planning this.

diph.php

So when will you release this version? I can't wait to get this version!

Jun 6, 2009 at 9:14 PM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Since I know his "working style":
When it's done.