Sub-forum for Tutorials?

Jan 26, 2012 at 5:37 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Hey,

I think there should be a whole sub-forum for tutorials and help.
Like modding tutorials, walkthroughs, faqs....
Just an idea. Don't smite me if you don't like it.

Jan 26, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
To be honest, it's an okay idea, but I just don't see the point of it. Most of these are already on the Tribute Site (FAQ's, walkthroughs, just about everything regarding weapons characters and just about anything else with pixels), and if they aren't, then they're already in another forum and/or Stickey'd. Just about every version of the game tells you about all of the uber-complex controls in some way, so there's no need to explain a person how to move around in Cave Story.

And if this is about organizing everything into one forum, then it would be more like a potporri of modding, problems regarding Cave Story, and walkthroughs all in one forum.

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:34 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm not sure why we'd need an entire subforum for tutorials when I could probably count them all off on one hand.
-My CS modding guide (video and text format)
-Carrotlord's assembly guide
-Dragonboot's now-disappeared modding guide
-The assembly compendium which contains basically 90% of all the general assembly info
-The function list which contains basically 95% of all the functions in the game

yep, 5. Even counting one that's dead now.

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
There are a few more.
- Runelancer's NPC, Title Screen, Boss, Weapon, etc. Tutorials (most of which are now included in compendium though)
- Dooey's Weapon Thing (perhaps this includes a horrid tutorial written by me way back? I cannot recall)
- Like ten thousand HERE'S HOW TO DO MUSIC and HERE'S HOW TO DO GRAPHICS tutorials that nobody reads.

But still, this would be a silly addition.

A totally serious alternative is bans for people who don't read stickies.