Sound Issues / 0.7 Translation for OSX PPC?

May 18, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Hey all,

I'm trying to play Cave Story on my PowerBook G4. I can run both versions 0.6 and 0.7, but I'm having an issue:

0.6 has an english translation for PPC, but the audio playback is incredibly distorted.
0.7 doesn't appear to have an English translation for PPC, but the audio playback is fine.

Can anyone suggest anything I can try to resolve this? Is there a 0.7 English patch for 0.7? Or is there something I can do to fix my sound issues on 0.6? I've looked for hardware acceleration in my system settings, but I've been unable to find anything.

Thanks in advance!

Here's my specs if it helps:

OSX 10.5.8
1.33 GHz PowerPC G4
2 GB DDR SDRAM

May 18, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Try using this because chances are the translation patch that you have with you doesn't work with the Universal Binary (Most likely you're using the patch meant for the PPC version rather than the patch meant for the Universal Binary version)
http://www.wctc.net/~luvmimac/cavestory/

As for the sound issues I can't help out with because I haven't experienced that ever but it shouldn't matter if you install the above translation patch with PPC Doukutsu 0.7

May 19, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Download and extract 0.7, go to Doukutsu.app/Contents/MacOS (Doukutsu.app is really just a folder) in your 0.7 Doukutsu.app and copy the file "Doukutsu" to the same location in your 0.6 English Doukutsu.app overwriting your 0.6 "Doukutsu" file.

This should work in theory. Side effect is that map names will all be in Japanese. Let me know how you go.

Actually if you can grab fresh downloads of 0.6 English and 0.7 Japanese, extract them from their dmg files and send them to be as .zip files then I should be able to do this and fix the map names as well.

My email is realmmaster26@hotmail.com