[Softmints] Corridor

May 20, 2007 at 9:40 PM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Corridor one. Boost to the right. Stop before hoard. Boost up and drift right. Fall. Continue. Simple.

May 20, 2007 at 10:03 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
CociCookie said:
Corridor meet recycle bin.....

Too hard for me, stupid angel things, stupid deathtraps, stupid squishy things

Stupid posts of stupid members who are too stupid to make non-stupid posts :p
lol well, if its too hard for you, just dont play it lol

May 21, 2007 at 1:41 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Softmints said:
I am guessing you have not even managed level 1. Are you the type of player who likes Cave Story for Yamashita Farm? Is that your favorite level? The Graveyard is a challenge?
p12175-0-rofl.gif

Ah, I'm only kidding with you. But this is for the better players, and I happen to be someone who adores a challenge. If it's not your type, that's a shame, but no mods I make will suit you at all.

Yeah, if this is really that hard for you (well, I mean too hard to get past the 1st level because this is actually very hard...), then you need a lot of practice before you play pretty much all mods that are made here. I mean some aren't too hard, but these mods are made by people who are good at Cave Story, and make game that are a challenge for themselves.

Even my Hell mod was probably too hard for me :p but testing it out so many times I got good at it. You just need to practice...

May 21, 2007 at 1:49 AM
Hoxtilicious
Andy said:
Even my Hell mod was probably too hard for me :p but testing it out so many times I got good at it. You just need to practice...

Oh yeah! I just tried some places over 9000 times in my mod o_o"
And you're right with the challenge thing ;P

May 21, 2007 at 2:50 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
I like the idea behind this, but I don't understand only using 1 tileset and sprite set of enemys. I think it would be okay to switch everything up from room to room. No reason not to take away booster, change weapons and the like between every door.
Andy said:
I was thinking about making a new mod for a while, either doing pretty much what you are doing now, or just redoing many areas throughout the whole game to up the difficulty a lot. Now that you are making the gauntlet style thing I was thinking about, I guess I'll just use my other idea. :p

The hard mode idea? Have fun at this rate you'll finish before me, for reasons i don't feel like sharing i haven't been able to make any progress in along time.

May 21, 2007 at 3:14 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
SeriousFace said:
The hard mode idea? Have fun at this rate you'll finish before me, for reasons i don't feel like sharing i haven't been able to make any progress in along time.

You are doing that too? I'll just be doing it on and off when I have time or am bored. It probably won't be done any time too soon.

May 21, 2007 at 11:57 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
ive tried the mod so far its really hard,

i think you should implement the map
because the room where you fall its hard to predict where to go

May 22, 2007 at 2:59 AM
Slacker
Hold down. The camera goes down.

May 23, 2007 at 4:03 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Chaddykins said:
Hold down. The camera goes down.

its not really useful to be quick enough :p

May 23, 2007 at 3:40 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Haven't passed level 1, nearly did off being supre carefull, didn't see the Press's >.<

Favourite part of Cave story is Last 3 bosses, Misery + Doctor = pushover, only undead core gives me problems.

Challenge? Ai, that be last cave. That ws where I was planning to go when I played it through, just fell down the hole when trying to heal in the labyrinth

Thing is, I like a challenge, but it seems to be fps and SHMUPS that are the best challenges for me (After not playing ti for a long time, I managed to get to 4th stage of phalanx O_o) platformers are ok (Metroid, Castlevania at a low level, and Mario especially) but something like that takes my biscuit, maybe I decided to play it wrong, maybe I shouldn't have used polar star.

Back to boredom on Work Experience though, 1 Hours, 50 minutes to go -.-

May 24, 2007 at 12:07 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
:p
CociCookie said:
Haven't passed level 1, nearly did off being supre carefull, didn't see the Press's >.<

Favourite part of Cave story is Last 3 bosses, Misery + Doctor = pushover, only undead core gives me problems.

Challenge? Ai, that be last cave. That ws where I was planning to go when I played it through, just fell down the hole when trying to heal in the labyrinth

Thing is, I like a challenge, but it seems to be fps and SHMUPS that are the best challenges for me (After not playing ti for a long time, I managed to get to 4th stage of phalanx O_o) platformers are ok (Metroid, Castlevania at a low level, and Mario especially) but something like that takes my biscuit, maybe I decided to play it wrong, maybe I shouldn't have used polar star.

Back to boredom on Work Experience though, 1 Hours, 50 minutes to go -.-
yeah you shouldnt of used the polar star even though it levels up quick, the nemesis is good straight away(unless you get exp :p )
but its there for a alternative for people i think.

May 24, 2007 at 12:12 AM
Slacker
Polar star is better for taking your time (Corridor 4)

May 24, 2007 at 5:00 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Chaddykins said:
Polar star is better for taking your time (Corridor 4)

its hard to kill the fat butes with it

May 24, 2007 at 11:54 AM
Hoxtilicious
xristosx said:
its hard to kill the fat butes with it

Aww such a cute avatar

May 26, 2007 at 6:15 PM
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
pretty clever, though i died in room 3 with the spike things. (using the 3HP Nemesis combo)

May 28, 2007 at 8:56 PM
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
diph.php

Started with 100HP/Polar Star. (This is the end, the door says "That's all, folks!")

It was pretty fun, the only thing I'd have to ask is re-organizing the room order. room 9 is easier than room 1.

May 30, 2007 at 6:12 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
It's nice to see someone beat it, abiet using the Cheater's Corner. Still, I hope you enjoyed it. The rooms are not placed in order of difficulty, naturally there will be some easier rooms than others. Of course, near the end it will become very difficult indeed, and there will be a lot more unconventional corridors too which are more puzzles than action.

How did you find Corridor 11? I personally think it's one of the hardest in the game.

May 30, 2007 at 8:06 PM
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Part 4 of the room was easier than part 2. Also, the way you have a roller, one of the spikes is deleted, making things slightly easier. (Near the beginning)

May 30, 2007 at 9:15 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Well, I ran out of ideas for it, honestly. I'll revamp part four eventually, once I can think of a cool way to do it. Time pressure and concentration are the main difficulties in room 9, because it's so easy to forget one of the blocks. And if you're using the nemesis (as you should), then you can't kill the flies.

Of course, I can always make the later rooms harder as I go. I do like having rooms which have difficult routes which save time, and safe routes which waste it. What do you think the hardest room was?