The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Not very resistant, I guess. That's a lot of things to download, too. :eek:

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
@Shane
Here's that video of the underwater puzzle finally (from The Way) :

I didn't succeed on my first try! I had at least 6 minutes of practice before I made it through the first time, and then another 6 minutes before I found this easier way!
The other way took me the long way around, and there was a better chance of being caught... This way works pretty often!

@gabbalis - :o, make sure you're already prepared for it first :p Some of these games deserve your full attention xD
I've made the mistake of enjoying a wonderful game instead of a wonderful grade a few times :p

@Kanpachi - Don't forget about pickleton! lol

Lastly, I started playing a rpgmaker 2000 game called Romancing Walker
(recommended to me last year, but never got around to it...)

Romancing Walker
7.5/10
Length : Days?
In the small town of Lavas, a stereotypical adventure turns into something much more...

Engine : RPGmaker 2000
Download : http://www.rpgrevolu...walker_149.html

This is one of those RPGs where relationships are being determined by the player's decisions... with the hero being the only guy in a group of heroines. It seems to be an all-ages game with humor and plenty of dialogue spread out through the game.
It's NOT a 9.0 rated game, and it does start out a bit stereotypical; but the more you play, the better it gets.
It's an 8.0 game, lowered to a 7.5 because the engrish translation is mangled ... Still, you understand what's going on; and I can recommend it, to anyone who isn't turned off by that opening video. The humor can be pretty corny at times, but it's good stuff xD

If only someone fixed the engrish text...

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:18 AM
The Eternal Darkness
@Shane
Here's that video of the underwater puzzle finally (from The Way) :

I didn't succeed on my first try! I had at least 6 minutes of practice before I made it through the first time, and then another 6 minutes before I found this easier way!
The other way took me the long way around, and there was a better chance of being caught... This way works pretty often!
Thanks!

Lastly, I started playing a rpgmaker 2000 game called Romancing Walker
(recommended to me last year, but never got around to it...)

Romancing Walker
7.5/10
Length : ???
In the small town of Lavas, a stereotypical adventure turns into something much more...

Engine : RPGmaker 2000
Download : http://www.rpgrevolu...walker_149.html

This is one of those RPGs where relationships are being determined by the player's decisions... with the hero being the only guy in a group of heroines. It seems to be an all-ages game with humor and plenty of dialogue spread out through the game.
It's NOT a 9.0 rated game, and it does start out a bit stereotypical; but the more you play, the better it gets.
It's an 8.0 game, lowered to a 7.5 because the engrish translation is mangled ... Still, you understand what's going on; and I can recommend it, to anyone who isn't turned off by that opening video. The humor can be pretty corny at times, but it's good stuff xD

If only someone fixed the engrish text...
Looks fun, downloading now.
Anyway, there's an RPGMaker game that I have on my PC, that is also relationship-based, apparently, but the combat system is what is the problem. I never win any battle. The name is Hayate no Gotoku! Dream Apocalypse, and it's English, at least, not Japanese or whatever language it originally is. And the conversion from YEN to GYEN is... ridiculous. 1 GYEN is way more than a million YEN, so basically, selling thing for GYEN works better than fighting monsters in the hard "real-time" battle system. But it's kinda funny. If I remember correctly, since I played that game the day I downloaded it, but haven't played it again.

EDIT:
Romancing Walker was fun. Although I wonder why there are saved games with the game itself, it's funny. Those blue orbs too. A moving and talking well, unexpected. I half expected it to turn into a Minotaur or something!

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:14 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
sorry about pickelton :p
Zipping it won't work >;(

Feb 28, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Indie game enthusiast
Hmmm... Did you try to do it like this video?
My only other guess, if it's Windows Vista or Windows 7, you might have to have "admin privileges" to make the file.
Do the following to open WinRar the program, or 7zip the program...
If you can't get it to work... ;_; oh well... was worth a shot :o

@Shane - I noticed those save spots as well... guess they forgot to delete them?
Yeah, those outtake scenes are insane xD I don't know if every town has them or what, because I haven't seen many lately; they could be hidden though, the game has a LOT of random secrets.

I'm about two days into the game, the end is still nowhere in sight!

EDIT:
Hayate no Gotoku! Dream Apocalypse...
The battles look confusing, but interesting :o
I'll add it to check out lol

Feb 28, 2012 at 6:32 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Those "NG" orbs are located in a few towns, and as a result of the savegames left there, I could find some that I should have found when I played through it normally. Unfortunately, I accidentally quit before I could save (I wanted to press ALT+ENTER to make it windowed, but my cat stepped on the F4 button). I'll have to start from the beginning again. All that training for nothing. Guess that's a lesson saying "save often or else".

Feb 28, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Indie game enthusiast
Ouch, you can change from full screen to windowed and back with Alt+Enter OR the F4 key... But not Alt+F4 D:
Did the cat do it on purpose? "HEy, pay attention to meee!"

Feb 28, 2012 at 6:57 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Nah, she was on her way to where she usually eats her food, but accidentally stepped on F4 whilst my finger was a nanometer from the Enter button and my other hand on the Alt button, thus quitting the game. This made me pick her up and pet her. She's too cute to be angry at (probably because she's a black tortoiseshell tabby?).

Anyway, if Simba did it on purpose, then this could lead to something funny...
"Hey! What do you think you're doing? Take me to my food right now or else!" *I ignore her* "Fine, I told you so!" *steps on F4 button the moment I hold ALT*
"What in blazes? Hey, where'd the game go... Oh, hey, Simba."
"TAKE ME TO MY FOOD!"
"Why'd you press..." *Simba starts biting my fingers* "YEOW!"
"TAKE ME TO MY FOOD OR I'LL SCRATCH YOUR EYE OUT SO THAT YOU LOOK LIKE A PIRATE!"
"Sheesh! Alright already!" *picks Simba up and takes her to her food*

That wouldn't end well. Luckily, it was accidental, not on purpose. As for the RTPe thing, I think I needed it for a Pokémon RPGMaker game. Not sure which one, though. I'll check sometime soon.

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:06 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
http://www.mediafire.com/?afndlthpeea9ea4
at last!!!!

to load
1. double click pickels
2. click RPG_RT
3. Extract all (if necissary)
4. back to RPG_RT (Which should now have a trident symbol thingy)
5. Ta-dah! :D

It is VERY important that you visit the towns in this order or the storyline gets warped:
Forresta (start point)
Sail to Pickelton (most northernly town)
Walk to ErinTown
Talk to Ilse's mum and brother
Go rescue ilse from the volcano
And thats all I've got

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:12 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Another accidental double post, both posted at exactly the same time. Wonder why this is happening?

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:14 PM
oh well, i deleted the other one. :)
and if you play the game, sorry about the typo in Bob's store. the knight is supposed to say 'I came here from halfway around the world'

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:30 PM
The Eternal Darkness
I'll try to download it tomorrow.

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM
yay. and it's nothing about pickels..... I just called it that. :p

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Pickels?! :eek:

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM
it's called the pickles of pickleton!
there is a town called pickelton
there are talking cactai
there are talking plantpots
there are talking dogs
^_^

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Let's please try to remember this isn't elementary school despite the fact that may be where some of you belong

Feb 29, 2012 at 7:10 AM
The Eternal Darkness
I agree with Noxid, for once... Not a school for the first six or eight grades...
On-topic, now downloading that RPGMaker game.

EDIT:
http://www.mediafire.com/?afndlthpeea9ea4
at last!!!! to load
1. double click pickels
2. click RPG_RT
3. Extract all (if necissary)
4. back to RPG_RT (Which should now have a trident symbol thingy)
5. Ta-dah! :D
It is VERY important that you visit the towns in this order or the storyline gets warped:
Forresta (start point)
Sail to Pickelton (most northernly town)
Walk to ErinTown
Talk to Ilse's mum and brother
Go rescue ilse from the volcano
And thats all I've got
I extracted it, and tried using RPG_RT, but nothing happened. I don't even see a trident or something. I even ran Setup in the hopes of getting it to work, but it didn't!

Feb 29, 2012 at 4:19 PM
what if you don't extract it?

Feb 29, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Indie game enthusiast
Heya, I downloaded it~ It works for me! You can just click on RPG_RT.exe or let Setup.exe create a new directory...
Not sure why it won't work for you Shane... You have RPGmaker 2003 RTP installed right?

Soooooooo, lol I played Pickles of Pickleton.
Makes me wish I would have had RPGmaker growing up...
I made it all the way! Talked to the cactus, flower pot... reflected on the grave; and set sail to the first town.
Wandered around some really BIG houses [inside anyway!], investigated some bones that turned out to have monsters... :o

Walked through the desert, visited the town with Ilse's mum, there were quite a few people in that town! I did get stuck on Ilse's mum once though, when she is panicing I ran in front of her and got stuck with her shouting : "She's been taken!" "She's been taken!" "She's been taken!" "She's been taken!" "She's been taken!" "She's been taken!" I know!! Let me save her@!#

Started over, and made it to the Volcano and saved the day from the evil fairy playing dress-up as an evil monster knight.
With everything said and done, I returned home to the talking plants, and called it a day...

Not bad for your first RPGmaker work! There's a lot of tips you could learn, although it's kind of cool to see unusual conventions like the huge houses inside, and how bumping into people starts the conversations.

Tip :
If you ever want to change some person into a, "you have to push a button to start conversation" person :
Right click the the person (event) you want to change; and do Edit event...
Then change the Trigger Condition to Action Key.

@Shane - I'm at the end of Romancing Walker now...
I edited the game twice to fix two bugs so far. (Only one of bugs is game-breaking, but it wasn't mandatory)

I also peeked in the game and found out the max attraction at least where it shows any difference in the HOT meter person, is 30... Not sure if it needs to be higher for the end; but, I think I wasted a LOT of time getting Laytss' attraction to 78, hoping to see some change in dialogue lol ><

Feb 29, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Thanks! I did have it set that you pressed the spacebar to talk, but I changed it to make it easier for my official tester/little sister. Did you go to the school and cry your eyes out at the incredibly depressing story of Ailsa? :p