Recommended Mods

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:40 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
What are some good mods for me to start with after beating Cave Story. I don't want any mods much more if any more difficult than the original game. Please respond with links to the mods.

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Apr 20, 2014 at 11:18 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
The first one off the top of my head would be WTF Story.
It allows you to choose between easy and hard difficulty, and it's also one of the better mods even thought it's incomplete.

Apr 20, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Davman8 said:
I wanted to also see new mods just in case there are any notable ones. Also that guy didn't specify difficulty.
That thread is allowed to have new posts made in it for a reason.

Apr 21, 2014 at 12:30 AM
Perpetually out of it
p182758-0-historyrepeatsitselfbysonofamortician.jpg

Think the point's been made relatively clear.
At least I hope it has.

Apr 21, 2014 at 12:41 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Nadojin said:
That thread is allowed to have new posts made in it for a reason.
I was afraid of bumping it.

Apr 21, 2014 at 1:19 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
On the top of my head; A Lost Land.

Apr 21, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Perpetually out of it
You're fine, so long as it's relevant to the topic of the thread and not the conversation.
Bumping Posts

You are allowed to bump old threads only providing it is with a post that contributes to that thread's original topic rather than that thread's current topic of conversation (i.e. replying to someone from 2 years back is not cool). In fact it is generally preferred over making a new thread. However, any bumping of threads that do not meet these conditions are frowned upon, and will probably result in post deletion. Likewise, do not respond to dead threads when they are bumped to tell the person in question not to necrobump, since such posts are considered to be spam.

Aug 12, 2020 at 11:27 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
My apologies for bumping this thread on such short notice, but it'd be foolish to let it go to waste.

With that said, I'd recommend the following mods:
Lunar Shadow (Interesting lore/great for those looking for a Castlevania styled experience. It's mostly complete, though it still has some unfinished content. If it's too easy for you, Selenic Shadow is similar but more challenging)
Hope of Shane: FROST (Unfinished, notable for having a long intro cutscene which can be skipped. Was one of 4 versions of Hope of Shane that was sadly never finished)
Battle Spire Challenge (A unique take on the Boss Rush mod formula which pits the player against several boss combinations. There's also a hidden weapon which comes with some interesting lore)
Enthology- The Lost Chapters (A mod which changes things up in every chapter, the game saves automatically and has developer commentary)

Aug 12, 2020 at 12:06 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
There was one recent thread that asked for that. Probably would've been the better choice to post those on.