Haunted House Story 0.6

Jul 26, 2012 at 6:27 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I found the upgrade kit that lets you switch modes. Then at some point (I think it was in Summoner's Palace or whatever it was called—one of the maps with a lot of white tiles) I went into a room (you have the option of searching it or not) and I lost the flamethrower and gained some shurikens instead. That was a little bit sad. I also lost the item that let me switch G-Gun mode, so it was stuck on the 4-way shooter. Was there another G-Gun that you're talking about beyond the upgrade?

Jul 26, 2012 at 7:50 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
...how did you get to Summoner's Palace with the Flamer???

I must also fix the script, because when you get to SP you should lose all your weapons (except Sword). I was hurrying and I forgot to change the script.

Jul 27, 2012 at 4:02 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
The mod doesn't work on my computer, and my virus protection thinks it's infected, then again, cave story mods always set off my virus protection, no matter what mod, no matter what virus protection.

My McAfee did detect it as W32/Sality.gen.z and actually cleaned and fixed these files. The fixed files do remain intact in my computer, originals get quarantined. By running the fixed executable, no harm done and I could still play the game.

Randolf, the mod you had been working on that you give out is infected. If you have an up-to-date antivirus software, please run a full scan in addition to your mod you are working on.

EDIT: Played the McAfee fixed game and explored new content all the way to the end of the demo without problems. Keep up the good work.

Jul 28, 2012 at 12:24 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
All cave story mods, and I mean ALL of them set off antivirus security, it's not your fault, you don't have a virus.

Jul 28, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I got a virus message too and I don't usually, but it didn't appear to do any harm :toroko2:

Jul 28, 2012 at 3:01 AM
Based Member
I got a virus message too and I don't usually, but it didn't appear to do any harm :toroko2:
Well, sometimes viruses get onto your computer, but wait weeks or even months before striking. Maybe your anti-virus software is warning you about a coming storm.

Jul 28, 2012 at 4:52 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
If a virus haunts your mod then the same virus haunts every other mod too, so I think that the virus scanners all think that cave story mods are infected because of CE, I'm pretty sure that's what you're using, right?

Jul 28, 2012 at 5:52 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Leithleif I am pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about

Jul 28, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
My bro's laptop has Norton on it, and whenever I download a mod of Cave Story it always detects it as a virus. I always restore the mod after it deletes it with no consequences. So this is like the first time anybody's virus protection program did this to them after downloading a mod? I would've just assumed this was Norton acting silly again if I had downloaded it.

Jul 29, 2012 at 2:58 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
As a person who hasn't installed antivirus yet on this computer (very unwise of me), this is what I got
p149765-0-x7b8e.png

And yeah the same thing happens when I open HHs.exe
Chances are this is the reason why everyone's antiviris is just being a prick towards this.

Of course Cave Editor isn't the problem. If that was the case this would be normal and there would be no point in having this discussion when this would have been going on for years, right?
I know that I'm taking a shot in the dark here but I think that one of the hacks may be causing this. I have no idea which one (or any) may be causing this.

Either that or Randolf is trying to hack into our computers with his h4ck1ng sk1llz

Jul 29, 2012 at 3:46 AM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
Of course Cave Editor isn't the problem. If that was the case this would be normal and there would be no point in having this discussion when this would have been going on for years, right?
I know that I'm taking a shot in the dark here but I think that one of the hacks may be causing this. I have no idea which one (or any) may be causing this.

Either that or Randolf is trying to hack into our computers with his h4ck1ng sk1llz

All the mods I downloaded, including HHS, download normally and doesn't cause me any problems(and yes, I have anti-virus software set up) so I guess that rules out the assumption that Randolf is trying to screw up our computers.

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:38 AM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Pfft, I never would try to screw my forum friends' computers.
I will just try to scan it when I get home.

Maybe my mod caught something when uploading, I never had that problem before. Or it caught the virus because of my cousin's comp.
I will never upload anything on that comp.

Jul 31, 2012 at 3:34 AM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
No, that rules out the assumption that Randolf is screwing up our computers

I just said that, Dunc