Haunted House Story 0.6

May 29, 2012 at 4:55 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Your suggestion has been filed in the "people telling moderators how to do their job" box. Your submission will be reviewed in 4-6 nevers. If this is too long for you, please apply for a moderator position by deleting system32.

May 30, 2012 at 8:13 PM
(✌゚∀゚)☞ Haaaaa you are funny guy!

P.S. this mod looks cool, downloading now

May 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Stop this madness fab it's too funny anyone else who does not think that this is funny does not have a sense of humor and needs a chill pill or whatever you kids do these days. Crack, yes?

Jun 11, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I did actually start playing this a while ago, but I forgot to finish it.

SPOOKYLERS
Continuing from last time I played this...
-My notes seem to indicate I thought the Cavern was only sort-of functional but that I liked the weapon I had there
-The computer fight was rather amusing :orangebell:
-Around that point, the enemies start getting very repetitive, although I like the whole pseudo-arcade style you're trying to purvey
-Liked the white area
-The Bowser-axes are an interesting weapon, and the cube gun-style one is nice too
-Once you get the G-Gun upgrade, there's really no reason to switch back to the old version, despite the option for it. Also, firing the new version upwards makes the entire bullet spritesheet appear :muscledoc:
-The Redgo bots have a ton of health for a regular enemy. I ended up running past most of them because they take so long to kill.
-The Flamer is awesome, I've always wanted a strong weapon in the style of the Lv2 Bubbler :D
-The area where you partner up with your buddy might be my favourite so far, but the section after that (moving down in the house) is waaaaay too long and slow. I like the skeletons though.

All up, I can't say I like most of the level design or boss fights, but the weapons are nifty and the concept is good. It looks as though it's nearly finished, so I hope you get it completed.

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
-Also, firing the new version upwards makes the entire bullet spritesheet appear :muscledoc:
I have found that after releasing this version, and since it isn't game-breaking I decided to fix it in new version.

IMPORTANT
The 2x resolution sprites will appear in the next version!
Also, I will fix the bugs that I know, and shorten the Down-tower near the end.

Jun 12, 2012 at 5:02 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Can we make a rule that says you aren't allowed to just post to say that you are going to / are in the process of downloading a mod

Because I see shit like this all the time and 1) it's dumb and spammy and 2) the modder receives no usable feedback from it. If you're going to download it, fine, great, that's cool. Wait until you actually have something useful to say before you post because 70% to 100% of the time people who do this don't even follow up and that pisses me off even more GRRRR :muscledoc: :sun: :sun:
1) I've seen so many of your comments to people and I have to say that your just plane rude to others on the forum, 2)
downloading, downloading.
This is something I would post as a little pun, but for this guy he was telling the Mixer8421 that he was downloading the mod so Mixer could know,
That somebody is downloading his hack

So be a little nicer to others cause I've seen your other comments on the forums.

Just don't post crap on the forums that is rude and mean ok

Jun 12, 2012 at 5:05 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Your suggestion has been filed in the "people telling moderators how to do their job" box. Your submission will be reviewed in 4-6 nevers. If this is too long for you, please apply for a moderator position by deleting system32.
See above.

And also what are you talking about Noxid is "rude" and "not nice", he's like the nicest moderator I have ever seen

ever

If you're complaining about the really good moderation we have here, I suggest you either stop, or leave.

Jun 12, 2012 at 6:49 AM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
See above.

And also what are you talking about Noxid is "rude" and "not nice", he's like the nicest moderator I have ever seen

ever

If you're complaining about the really good moderation we have here, I suggest you either stop, or leave.

sorry, I just had a bad day. Sorry, Noxid :(.

Jun 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
See above.

ever

Noxid is nude and not rice.

Jun 12, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Jun 12, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Then why did you apologize for one of his posts?
If he is an alt of yours, you may as well fess up, it'll be no better if you try and hide it.
If you give a valid reason as well, there is a very slim chance you'll get away with it.

Jun 12, 2012 at 4:57 PM
"Huzzah!"

Sorry, this popped into my head as soon as i read this, besides it must be refreshing to hear a reference that doesnt feature colourful small horses.

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Based Member
Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 13, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Then why did you apologize for one of his posts?
If he is an alt of yours, you may as well fess up, it'll be no better if you try and hide it.
If you give a valid reason as well, there is a very slim chance you'll get away with it.

I was apologizing to Noxid, not this other person

EDIT: And no, I don't know who Johncodaystudios is and I only have one account(I've read the rules, I'm not an idiot)

Jul 25, 2012 at 1:30 PM
hi hi
New version available (0.45).
http://www.mediafire.com/?58jhytg61cbh89s

Not mentioned in credits, thanks to:
Noxid for TSC hack
Lace for infinite mimiga mask hack

Woohoo I've got the 2x hack!!

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:06 AM
Mrs. Policewoman
The mod doesn't work on my computer, and my virus protection thinks it's infected, then again, cave story mods always set off my virus protection, no matter what mod, no matter what virus protection.

Jul 26, 2012 at 5:25 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I played through it and everything worked well. The one exception was during the fight with the summoner
when your friend is in the room. I went to talk to him while the fight was going on and the controls froze briefly as if some text were about to pop up, but nothing happened. After this short pause in the action, play resumed as normal.

Aside from that, there were some typos here and there in the text. I didn't take note of where exactly they are (curses!), but I remember one of them said "There's an armor!" or something like that; it would make more sense to say "There is armor" or "There is a suit of armor." If I get to play through it again, I'll be sure to note where typos pop up.

On the whole, great work! The new boss at the end of the demo makes me wonder exactly where the plot is headed.

Jul 26, 2012 at 8:00 AM
hi hi
Spoiler: I remember Shane told me about this, I forgot a msg command. Sorry xD

Armor: Will fix. I was in hurry, it was my last day at home (holidays again).

Anyway, thanks for playing!
Have you discovered new G-Gun? (replaces old after the upgrade kit is found)