Haunted House Story 0.6

Apr 2, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Try typing in a bunch of words first, then put a hyperlink inside of them.
Because links do not seem to work (due to IPBoard's handling of links, possibly)

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Is very well done :mrgreen:

Me it works.

The game very sucked me.

May 4, 2012 at 5:18 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I just played through this yesterday and I like it! Your hacks and whatnot give the game a different feel from the original CS, and the lack of a leveling system and drops from enemies lend themselves to a different style of gameplay.

The main thing that jumped out at me as a criticism was the main character's sprite. I could see the background of the map through his eyes, which seemed a bit spooky in and of itself. I think others have already mentioned it, but in the mychar.bmp file, it looks like his eyes (sunglasses?) and feet are not quite black, but somehow they are still transparent.

May 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM
No, I don't think I ran into any glitches but if I think of one while I'm playing through it again, I'll let you know. The writing and dialogue was a bit melodramatic at times, but I think it works for a mod like this one. In fact, I think it adds to the charm of the whole thing.

May 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Yes, I got one. It was a welcome help. I don't remember where I found it, though.

May 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Double post but I must.

Version 0.3 is done.
The download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?380ucrh8h6dc20b

The link can also be found in the OP.

I have included few new ASM hacks and weapons. Also I have fixed the glitch with the sword (disappearing effects after hitting 'shoot' few times) and Summoner no longer spawns blocks. He spawns Zonbies instead!

I need feedback. Really.

Also, 200th post!
Edit: there's a small glitch with G-Gun Exp, there's wrong image. I'll fix it in next version, because the glitch does not affect the game. There's only Caret.bmp displayed after you shoot upwards. However, it disappears in a moment.

May 27, 2012 at 5:44 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Great mod, I just finnished the current version and am amazed, this is one of the best mods I have played in a long time and definetley one of the few good non cave story related mods on this forum, I can't realy describe it at the moment, because I just started playing noxids story, but all in all a very good mod, the assembaly hacks are a good addition, the only problem (if it is a problem) is that the sword can only shoot right and left, but not up and down.

May 29, 2012 at 3:45 AM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Can we make a rule that says you aren't allowed to just post to say that you are going to / are in the process of downloading a mod

Because I see shit like this all the time and 1) it's dumb and spammy and 2) the modder receives no usable feedback from it. If you're going to download it, fine, great, that's cool. Wait until you actually have something useful to say before you post because 70% to 100% of the time people who do this don't even follow up and that pisses me off even more GRRRR :muscledoc: :sun: :sun:

It's something called being funny, Noxid. How 'bout you try it sometime.

May 29, 2012 at 4:00 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
May 29, 2012 at 4:10 AM
This person was trying to be funny, lighten up. You didn't need to be cruddy and rude about it.

May 29, 2012 at 4:11 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
They weren't trying to be funny at all!
People say that literally every time somebody posts a new mod and it was bothering me

May 29, 2012 at 4:15 AM
But the thing is, if I were you, I wouldn't have said anything.... there end of discussion.