Flipped Races

Aug 22, 2011 at 9:06 PM
LSD
"..."
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I'm sorry, but is the one on the left wearing a pair of blue panties on her head, or what is that?

I vote for the one on the right, since I find the head less confusing visually.

Yes.

I vote left either way.

Aug 23, 2011 at 7:39 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
Okay, I think that's about all the votes needed, seeing as they're near-unanimous. Mine was the one on the left, if you were wondering. The one on the right is actually my pal's first attempt at drawing a mimiga sprite, and he insisted I post it here alongside mine to see which one you guys thought was better.

The panty comment GIR posted made me laugh, and he does bring up a point. That's a diadem/tiara/some sort of jewelry headpiece, and I guess it is a little hard to recognize. Since I had to put something blue on her head, I thought that would make a good addition (she wears earrings, so why not stick with jewelry?). Hopefully it'll be more recognizable with the faceset, since you see it mere seconds after seeing her sprite for the first time.

Aug 23, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You could have put earrings on the Mimiga. That could have worked.
Oh and while I'm here I might as well say how impressed I am with this thread.
I am very impressed with this thread.

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:39 AM
"..."
I accidentally Deus Ex. Also I'm leaving the state tomorrow for an undetermined amount of time (probably under a week). So yeah, no updates for awhile.

Aug 26, 2011 at 4:00 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Cripplechair said:
I accidentally Deus Ex. Also I'm leaving the state tomorrow for an undetermined amount of time (probably under a week). So yeah, no updates for awhile.

This sounds familiar...

Aug 26, 2011 at 5:22 AM
I don't anymore.
Cripplechair said:
WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING

I remember you going to Florida, it took a bit of time then too.

Aug 26, 2011 at 7:24 AM
"..."
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
I remember you going to Florida, it took a bit of time then too.

Actually, I'm still IN Florida right now. That hiatus for the Deity Project was me spending time at home BEFORE I went to Florida, so I could see my friends and so on one last time before splitting ways and heading off to college. Tomorrow I head off for Louisiana to visit some family and (possibly) see New Orleans.

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:36 PM
Professional Whatever
Cripplechair said:
ROUND TWO FOLKS (cheat sheet):

p134919-0-2previewa.png

It's hard finding a good background color that doesn't bleed with any of the sprite colors. That and laziness.

Wow. This is full of win. Especially King. But I think you should make his hair a little lighter, to blend with the colours better.

Cripplechair said:
I debated with myself for awhile what to make his eyes, and neither white nor colored seems to fit (at least not with the tint from the original sprite). When colored while human, he looks a lot more evil than MimigaKing, like he was an evil sorcerer, which really bothered me. Some rabbits do have red eyes, so I was wondering if I could attribute the color to the race. On the other hand, it does feel less like King with white eyes.... so I dunno. Is it just me?

The King with white eyes does seem to be missing something, but the red eyes don't mix well with the blue pupils. What about white eyes and red pupils? That might work.

EDIT: I seem to like the old (human) King better. The eyes seem in an...odd place in the new one.
These are just my opinions, do what you think looks right.
Also, Hi-Five, good job!

Sep 1, 2011 at 5:06 AM
"..."
Hey, guess what? I'm BACK. From a PLACE. And I made PROGRESS.

p134944-0-3preview.png

Additions on the top row:
Coron child, shovel brigade, jailed rebel ("Dr. Dumb can go screw himself!"), Itoh, Mahin, Chie, The Doc (might make him taller), Santa.

Amendments on the middle row: Made Quote's/Curly's/King's faces a little slimmer.

Aaaand two of Misery's facesets on the bottom. I need to anti-alias the top of her head.

Sep 1, 2011 at 5:09 AM
I don't anymore.
It's coming along quite nicely. The doctor has broader shoulders normally, but I don't know if that would work with a mimiga.

Sep 1, 2011 at 8:02 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Misery's facepic looks good so far. One thing for improvement would be to round out the bottom of the eyes (especially when the mouth is open). Yes - I know that the original human Misery didn't have any such rounding at the bottom, but the look doesn't translate perfectly to mimiga format, so maybe some adjustments?

Sep 1, 2011 at 6:13 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
:o That's really looking great! Nice work :D

Sep 2, 2011 at 1:43 AM
Been here way too long...
Oh man oh man you have no idea how horny this makes me.
I don't suppose you've got a sue prototype yet?

Also a flirtatious old man santa is an idea I thoroughly approve of.
Keep up the brilliance!

Sep 2, 2011 at 3:11 AM
Professional Whatever
Tuple = weird. >.<

Anyway, great job on the facesets! I know I criticize all the time, but I think Misery's eyes are vertically a pixel too far apart. It seems like it might look a little better if you bring the top eye and eyebrow down a pixel, or vice versa.
It might not be better though. I'm on a blackberry, otherwise I'd check it myself for you.

EDIT: A thought, have you thought about the Gaudi at all? Do you know if you'll change them somehow? I don't know if man-eating bugs would make much sense (although, how much sense do rabbit creature-eating bugs make?).

Sep 2, 2011 at 7:25 AM
"..."
Seems like I need to tweak Misery's faceset a little more, I'll look into it. I'll also try tweaking the doc to make him a little larger, because his current body size would actually be ideal for Kazuma and Momorin. Sue already has an official human form that I'll use, so technically I have her sprite done. As for the gaudi, I was going to leave them be.

Also: Arousal is pretty much the best compliment you can get for your work.

Sep 2, 2011 at 1:51 PM
Professional Whatever
Cripplechair said:
Also: Arousal is pretty much the best compliment you can get for your work.

Arousal? I'm not quite sure what you mean.
Happy to help though!

Sep 3, 2011 at 12:55 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
The only thing that arouses me in this thread is Mahin