CaveEditor again (beta, maybe alpha)

Nov 28, 2007 at 10:52 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
S. P. Gardebiter said:
That would give Pixel for example the copyright or say that pixel made for your edited images, resulting in copyright faking :x
(c)andwhyisit :o

taifunbrowser said:
thanks!

btw, the program should get what the current string is from the exe and append that at the end of every pbm it saves <_< that solves everyone's problem.
Awesome idea. :D
And maybe a feature to edit the string in the exe, I like my "(c)andwhyisit" idea. :D

Nov 28, 2007 at 11:43 PM
Hoxtilicious
(c)andwhyisit is too long for the exe :o

Nov 28, 2007 at 11:54 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
(c)andwhyisit is too long for the exe :o
(c)Brendan
(c)andwhy
©andwhyisit
©Brendan
©andwhy

How long?

Nov 29, 2007 at 6:49 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
(c)Metal....

D:

Nov 29, 2007 at 7:06 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Metalogz said:
(c)Metal....

D:
©Metalog

Can the © character be used?

Whats the max character limit?

Nov 29, 2007 at 7:49 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I don't think so.

I think its 8. (C)Pixel is 8.

Nov 29, 2007 at 12:44 PM
Hoxtilicious
Still other than (C)Pixel would be resulting that you are claiming his images as your own (if there are still images from him or images you used as a base), which would not only be copyright faking you would being a total dick too :x

Nov 29, 2007 at 5:32 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
lol. This is why I just remove the (C)Pixel alone.

Nov 29, 2007 at 10:39 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Still other than (C)Pixel would be resulting that you are claiming his images as your own (if there are still images from him or images you used as a base), which would not only be copyright faking you would being a total dick too :x
I'll use "..." then. :D

Nov 30, 2007 at 1:19 AM
Hoxtilicious
andwhyisit said:
I'll use "..." then. :(

But why not remove it? O.o
I don't get it o.o'
It's just making things complicated and harder :/

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:03 AM
taifunbrowser
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
But why not remove it? O.o
I don't get it o.o'
It's just making things complicated and harder :/

my intention, if it wasn't obvious, was that the average end to bpm would be "\b\b\b\b\b\b\b" (\b == whitespace)

of course, nothing's stopping from (C)\bTaif

how's the "preview at least first frame of animation" going? It would sooo save me alot of time in my current hack <_<

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:59 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Still would be good if it got the information from the .exe and wrote it at the end of the file, everyone is entitled to their own opinions but this this idea is a soloution for everyone.

I think we scared Wistil off. :(

Nov 30, 2007 at 11:03 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Yeah I think we're going really offtopic right now o.o

Nov 30, 2007 at 1:50 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Sorry.
spacer.gif

Dec 2, 2007 at 5:50 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
New update. Fixed some bugs and added a game settings window. See first post for details.

I dare say its starting to be on par with SW. As always, comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Dec 2, 2007 at 6:17 PM
Hoxtilicious
Awesome!
Nice job you done Wistil! :3
It's functionality is just great!
I still can't patch my mod :/ Because you forget to add the other extensions (tsc, pxm, pxe, npc.tbl and so on...) you can also change the folder where they are located and the "date" of the doukutsu exe, also the config.dat and in the config.exe its also the same. All of these are easy to find, they are just strings in the exe, would be cool if you could add this ._.

Edit: Actually I still think it would be easier to use the editor when it would be all in one window, so it looks handy. (a bit more like it's in sue's workshop I gues :x) Maybe its also because it doesn't fit the whole screen (like in sue's) :/

But still I love your editor! :p

Dec 2, 2007 at 7:18 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Wow. This is great. It's soooooooo much more intuitive than SW! I can do things a whole lot faster now...

Suggestions:

Option for the sprite, tileset, and background editors:
Load image into selected default image editor (after truncating the (C)Pixel watermark) so that you can edit it with the functionality of your favorite sprite editor such as GraphicsGale (if you don't know of this program shame on you. Get the free version.).

For the sprite editor, it would be great if it would show you boxes around all the corresponding frames of a single entity, so you know which frames go together and which ones are for a different entity.

I'll probably have more suggestions once the next version comes out, but keep up the good work!

- keantoken

Dec 2, 2007 at 7:25 PM
Hoxtilicious
I don't know why all you people want frames and animation :p
Those are really hard to find in the executable, not that hard though, but there are lacks of offsets :p Now you could say: "Yes sure, but we don't need the offsets." Yeah then Wistil needs to rewrite the code completly once we found them :/

Dec 2, 2007 at 9:24 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I don't know why all you people want frames and animation :p
Those are really hard to find in the executable, not that hard though, but there are lacks of offsets Now you could say: "Yes sure, but we don't need the offsets." Yeah then Wistil needs to rewrite the code completly once we found them :/

I've done a bit of programming in x86 Assembly, enough to some heuristic arithmetic in my head, though I'm not sure how everyone's 'digging' through the executables. I use PEBrowse, which basically disassembles the binary and displays it as if it were in an assembler. I haven't done much, though, so I'm not quite sure how hard it would be to find those offsets. My point is, it'll probably be harder or easier depending on how you do it. If you don't know Assembly, then I'm completely fooled as to how you're finding any offsets in the first place. If I could find out how everyone's 'digging', maybe I could give some suggestions.

- keantoken