Ages of the characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2009 at 7:13 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Captain Fabulous said:
I was thinking, though: why did EVERYONE except one Mimiga die in the Red Flower Wars and live until the game? King MIGHT have been in the war, but everyone else is so young.
Actually I noticed a line in the game that proved King wasn't in the war ("So we're...weapons?"). King didn't know about the effects of the flowers until Sue told him.

Captain Fabulous said:
Even if they were the offspring of the survivors, if they live for 30 years, where are all these survivors now? There sure are a lot of Mimigas who are too young remember it. Unless all the older ones died for some reason and all you see (mostly) is young Mimigas, or they breed like rabbits, there should be some people who remember a massacre of their whole species.
Most of them didn't die. They took the flowers.

The only so-called survivors were children, the elderly, and a large assortment of Frenzied Mimigas that are Pixel-knows-where by now. Where are Toroko's parents? Chie's parents? All are either dead or missing. Ever noticed how Chie lives with her grandfather?

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:17 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Captain Fabulous said:
I was thinking, though: why did EVERYONE except one Mimiga die in the Red Flower Wars and live until the game? King MIGHT have been in the war, but everyone else is so young. Even if they were the offspring of the survivors, if they live for 30 years, where are all these survivors now? There sure are a lot of Mimigas who are too young remember it. Unless all the older ones died for some reason and all you see (mostly) is young Mimigas, or they breed like rabbits, there should be some people who remember a massacre of their whole species.

Those in the Plantation seem to have known something of the robots. Those in Mimiga Village and Grasstown may never have been involved, at least not directly, or their parents deposited them in those villages and ate the flowers. If they were involved, there should be some signs of ravaging or memorials to those who died in battle, which is not the case. As for the presence of ostensibly human-designed teleporters and computers in those areas, that may be explained by the Mimigas having moved in after those structures were abandoned, having been driven out of their old cave by a tunnel collapse or drought, for example.

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:38 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Sick Bastard said:
Those in the Plantation seem to have known something of the robots. Those in Mimiga Village and Grasstown may never have been involved, at least not directly, or their parents deposited them in those villages and ate the flowers. If they were involved, there should be some signs of ravaging or memorials to those who died in battle, which is not the case. As for the presence of ostensibly human-designed teleporters and computers in those areas, that may be explained by the Mimigas having moved in after those structures were abandoned, having been driven out of their old cave by a tunnel collapse or drought, for example.
Well there were human inhabitants on the island up until the war.

Aug 6, 2009 at 9:04 AM
andwhyisit said:
Well there were human inhabitants on the island up until the war.

wat

oh

Aug 6, 2009 at 5:23 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Theory: You guys are posting the Mimigas' ages in human years.

Aug 6, 2009 at 5:25 PM
No shit.

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:37 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Great observation, Sherlock. Wanna some cookies for that?

Anyway, I kinda thought that Mimigas' lifespan is roughly the same as ours. Although... When humans lived under such conditions, their (our?) lifespan was about 40 years (if I'm not mistaken). Of course, that's mainly because of (the lack of) medicinal knowledge. We know that there were people on the island during the War, which means that the Mimigas could possibly have access to that knowledge, so they could live about as long as humans. Wait, there's a rule of thumb that says that generally "the larger the species, the longer its lifespan". Mimigas are smaller than humans, so they should live shorter than humans even given the same conditions.
I dunno, maybe I'm just overthinking it, but it kinda makes sense.

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:04 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Yeap

T-Jack said:
Wait, there's a rule of thumb that says that generally "the larger the species, the longer its lifespan".
Yeap.
Typically, the smaller the animal is the faster it's heart beats, and hearts only have so many beats in them before the give out.
Rabbits {just for example} have a very short life span {9 years}, and that's because their average heart rate is a lot faster than ours {205 beats a minute, compared to our 60}, so they reach their max that much faster.
{0.97 Billion, while the average human heart beats from about 2 billion to 2.9 billion a lifetime}
The main question to determine a Mimiga's life span should be about it's heart. {Stuff like it's speed, how many times it'll beat a lifetime, blood pressure, etc}

If you really want to prove a Mimiga's lifespan, you should read this.
{I learned about the heart thing somewhere else, but this talks about a lot more, shows how weight and size are involved to determine lifespan, along with blood pressure, and etc.}

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:26 PM
Been here way too long...
Okay, well, it makes sense for the Mimigas to live 30 years or longer on average. ON AVERAGE. Don't forget that Zett could be like 52. I suppose some people, like Santa, do remember the war, they just don't bring it up. But would everyone agree that Mimigas reach full maturity in the first decade of their life?

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:28 PM
This Troper
Captain Fabulous said:
Okay, well, it makes sense for the Mimigas to live 30 years or longer on average. ON AVERAGE. Don't forget that Zett could be like 52. I suppose some people, like Santa, do remember the war, they just don't bring it up.
No objections to that.

Captain Fabulous said:
But would everyone agree that Mimigas reach full maturity in the first decade of their life?
Well, that depends on whether they mature like animals or humans.

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:35 PM
If they take longer than that, then anyone who didn't remember the war would still be a child. The Shovel Brigade would be all kids. Which is totally believable, but wouldn't it make more sense for the Doctor to get adults? They'd work better and faster. Sandaime would be a child, since he doesn't know exactly what the red flowers do.

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:44 PM
This Troper
Captain Fabulous said:
If they take longer than that, then anyone who didn't remember the war would still be a child. The Shovel Brigade would be all kids. Which is totally believable, but wouldn't it make more sense for the Doctor to get adults? They'd work better and faster. Sandaime would be a child, since he doesn't know exactly what the red flowers do.
You're forgetting that all the adults were either killed or went MIA due to the Red Flowers ingestion during the War. Though that would mean that Chaco...
Well, let's presume for a moment that they indeed mature like humans (which is, takes more time to provide the child with more time to learn stuff) and that their lives are scaled like human lives. If a modern human's life expectancy is 67 years and we mature when we're 18 years old (I guess), then if an average Mimiga lifespan is 30 years, they should mature in 8 years. That would mean that most of the surviving Mimigas would young adults. Aaargh, somebody stop me!

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:46 PM
All I ask is that they mature in under a decade, which I think is totally reasonable, since they ARE smaller than humans, after all, AND THEY LOOK LIKE RABBITS. THIS IS SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE, LADIES AND GENTLEMANS.

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:47 PM
This Troper
Captain Fabulous said:
All I ask is that they mature in under a decade, which I think is totally reasonable, since they ARE smaller than humans, after all, AND THEY LOOK LIKE RABBITS. THIS IS SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE, LADIES AND GENTLEMANS.
They also look like dogs... Anyway, it looks like they indeed do mature in under a decade, or in a decade, tops.

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:52 PM
Woot. New ages for the characters:
King: 14
Toroko: 4
Chaco: 10
Santa: 22
Zett: 35
Chie: 3
All the other Mimigas are under 10.

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:59 PM
This Troper
A bit of fridge logic here: How did all those Mimigas get born if there were no adults around after the War?

Aug 6, 2009 at 8:02 PM
That's what I said earlier. There are obviously a few adult Mimigas that you didn't see, and the surviving ones really got busy. Only explanation.

Aug 7, 2009 at 12:55 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Captain Fabulous said:
Okay, well, it makes sense for the Mimigas to live 30 years or longer on average. ON AVERAGE. Don't forget that Zett could be like 52. I suppose some people, like Santa, do remember the war, they just don't bring it up. But would everyone agree that Mimigas reach full maturity in the first decade of their life?
13 years maybe? Chie still looks young, though maybe she is just small for her age. But I would certainly agree that muturity would be reached in close to a decade.

Captain Fabulous said:
Looking like rabbits in a world where rabbits probably never existed fails as scientific evidence. Similar appearance does not suggest biological similarity.

T-Jack said:
A bit of fridge logic here: How did all those Mimigas get born if there were no adults around after the War?
Because they were born BEFORE THE WAR. How hard is this to comprehend?

VoidMage_Lowell said:
Yeap.
Typically, the smaller the animal is the faster it's heart beats, and hearts only have so many beats in them before the give out.
Rabbits {just for example} have a very short life span {9 years}, and that's because their average heart rate is a lot faster than ours {205 beats a minute, compared to our 60}, so they reach their max that much faster.
{0.97 Billion, while the average human heart beats from about 2 billion to 2.9 billion a lifetime}
The main question to determine a Mimiga's life span should be about it's heart. {Stuff like it's speed, how many times it'll beat a lifetime, blood pressure, etc}

If you really want to prove a Mimiga's lifespan, you should read this.
{I learned about the heart thing somewhere else, but this talks about a lot more, shows how weight and size are involved to determine lifespan, along with blood pressure, and etc.}
I'll check it out later.

Aug 7, 2009 at 1:24 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Hm, I saw something in the game code that might answer some questions.

<KEY<MSGOur real mommies were
killed by robots.<NOD<CLRWe hadn't even opened our
eyes yet...<NOD
But Curly raised us.<NOD<END

One of the Colons says it.

Anyhoo, I figured the ages were as thus:

Quote and Curly: 10 or 11 (because of when they were probably built)
Sue: 12
Kazuma: 17
Momorin: 45
Itoh: 30s
Booster: 70s
Doctor: 40s

The magical family is something of millennia old, and I never bothered to figure out the Mimigas' ages...

Aug 7, 2009 at 6:30 AM
Wait, are you sure that's actually in the game, and wasn't just left in there from the beta? I don't remember any of the Colons saying that. If they really did say it, that changes everything. Judging by the Colons' ages, Mimigas age at the same rate as humans. Then why the hell does the Shovel Brigade not remember the war? They can't be that young. WHAT THE HELL???!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.