A Lost Land

Jul 21, 2010 at 6:52 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
SuperKaroshi said:
I have a question for you. I get a Japanese error message after I defeat the first boss in the Sand Zone. More specifically, when I try to go through the door. I know I haven't run out of stuff to play, but I wanna know how it'll let me progress. Especially since I can't read Japanese hyroglyphics.

That's odd, since I've never encountered that before. Could you post a screenshot of the error message? If there's an error.log file that was created, just copy/paste the stuff there into your post as well.

Jul 22, 2010 at 7:29 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
carrotlord said:
That's odd, since I've never encountered that before. Could you post a screenshot of the error message? If there's an error.log file that was created, just copy/paste the stuff there into your post as well.
Can I have your eMail? I can't figure out how to add a .bmp file to this. It's a really weird error, though. Also it's a great game.

Jul 22, 2010 at 8:33 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
i dont think people with two posts are allowed to have images.
aside from that, put it somewhere like imageshack or (my personal favorite) www.tinypic.com
then either copypaste the forum code generated or use

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I tend to be a bad puzzle solver, but where do I go after I get the Ma Pignon? I can't seem to think of anything else to do am I supposed to not turn it in for the pill or what? ( and sorry for bumping )

Aug 27, 2010 at 2:49 AM
Not anymore
Nameless Mimiga said:
I tend to be a bad puzzle solver, but where do I go after I get the Ma Pignon? I can't seem to think of anything else to do am I supposed to not turn it in for the pill or what? ( and sorry for bumping )

You're supposed to trade for the pill. Then just go to the helicopter (the one where Sue's mom and Kazuma are.)

Aug 28, 2010 at 1:18 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Any hints on the location of the heli? I'm betting that it's probably right where I was looking but I was to stupid to find it.

Aug 28, 2010 at 1:52 AM
Pirate Member
Nameless Mimiga said:
Any hints on the location of the heli? I'm betting that it's probably right where I was looking but I was to stupid to find it.
it's under the island, take the teleporter in the room at the top of the sister's battle room

Aug 31, 2010 at 10:32 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Hello to everyone at Miraigamer Forums!

CarrotLord, your mod for Cave Story: A Lost Land is... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A beautiful composition!!! However, I have a slight problem. When I get up to Ballos, I manage to beat his first form, but then, you know when he leaps into the ceiling? After a while, he doesn't come back down! And for some reason, I'm unable to destroy him once and for all and win... :)
Anyone got any ideas here? I would very much appreciate it!

Aug 31, 2010 at 12:58 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
That sure is odd.

Jun 14, 2011 at 3:42 PM
LSD
"..."
Really good. I think this is as good as the original.

There are some glitches though, on my first download, when I went to the Ironhead fight, the boss fight didn't trigger. I downloaded it again and it seemed to work, but when I got to the Monster X fight, the boss fight didn't trigger, the same thing with the Sisters fight. I downloaded it AGAIN, and everything seemed to work. Not sure what that means, but yeah, pretty cool.

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:12 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Jeez monster X is hard without the blade.
You know what would be funny?
Fighting the cat instead of the robot. xD

Oct 10, 2011 at 4:34 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
p95191-0-mpa2d.png

There's a bit of a bug. Presumably Mac exclusive.

Edit: Ooh, necropost, sorry. Looks like an awesome mod though. I doubt I'll be able to get any support for Mac, just figured I'd post it just in case.

Oct 10, 2011 at 6:57 PM
Not anymore
Tronlet said:
p95191-0-mpa2d.png
There's a bit of a bug. Presumably Mac exclusive.

Edit: Ooh, necropost, sorry. Looks like an awesome mod though. I doubt I'll be able to get any support for Mac, just figured I'd post it just in case.

Ouch. Uh, possibly related to this problem?

I'm not sure if I can do anything about this. The bug might be computer-specific. Since andwhyisit did all of the porting, I would go bother him about it, but after causing him to painfully squeeze 127 maps (!!!) into the space of what should have been 94 maps, I extend my deepest apologies.

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:51 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I didn't think to post this here, but I suppose I should:

andwhyisit's awesomely fast response to my pm:

http://www.mediafire.com/?z4950528153y943

Only played up to Ironhead but so far all bugs seem to be fixed. Thanks, andwhyisit. :muscledoc:

Nov 2, 2011 at 8:33 PM
Discord Group Moderator
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
A great mod, for it doesn't have clucky story in the way. I may make a guide if I find all the secrets.

Dec 13, 2011 at 3:22 AM
"Huzzah!"
Step 1: Downloading PSP port.
Step 2: Inventing time machine so I can have time to play it.

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:21 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
you have a good mod when you are addicted for half a hour. you have a great mod when you spend more than three hours playing,and it feels like 13 minutes has passed. True story.

Complantes:it felt like i was wondering at random at times.

complamets:great contunueation to the story,nice and hard like the first,Characters are in character. (i.e, Hermet gunsmith refrances you getting the spur,Sue isent making out with
for no reson.)

4.5/5. a great mod,needs to be finished,

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:34 AM
Offensive User
Jan 20, 2012 at 2:05 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Indeed. This mod is complete, and you can reach the ending, but CarrotLord has moved on to a much bigger mod. This was his first one. I'm rather doubtful that he'll update this one any further due to how old it is. If he ever updates it though, here are my critiques:
Soryline:
- Personally, I think it's kinda weak of a story line how the Demon Crown and Ballos somehow got resurrected even though this comes after the ending where Ballos dies. I understand that you were limited with costumability with this being your first mod, so I don't hold anything against you.
- The way that you use all the old bosses that you've already defeated in the original CS seems awkward with the exception of the frenzied mimiga at the beginning, but I know it wouldn't be interesting without them.

Dialog:
- You did a fair job with representing most of the characters, but Misery and Professor booster could have both been more elloquent.
- In my opinion, you over used face picture number 25 for Curly(the not smiling but eyes open one). There were times like the jailbreak scene where it would have been real fitting for her to have face picture number 19(the smiling one), but instead you put number 25, or times like in the dialog before fighting Ballos where Curly with that face picture just seemed awkward. But I don't have any major complaints elsewhere.

Level design:
I must say that level design is this mod's strength. The returning villains and bosses bugs me, but the level design is actually pretty good. No real critiques here.

Glitches:
- At the beginning, if you progress through that cave without talking to Curly, you never get the fireball, and you're stuck in the room with the frenzied mimiga
- If you walk up to the teleporter and find that it isn't working, it says "the blue robot was right," regardless of wether you talked to him or not.
- When you fight Misery, if you are directly above a spike when you deal the last blow, you will land on the spikes, and not be able to move, and keep getting hurt by them repeatedly as the cutscene with Misery being angry goes up. I believe that you get killed by this before the cutscene ends even if you have full health. Also, no victory music plays when you defeat Misery.
- What you did with the credits was kinda silly, and having the credit art images from the original Cave Story was silly as well. But I understand with this being your first mod, and that you are momentarily working on a much more professional mod. But you could have at least made your own rooms for what is shown during the second half of the credits.
Again, sorry if I'm WAAAAAAYYYYY too late, and all that was piontless, or if some of these glitches were fixed in one of the updates.

Jan 20, 2012 at 2:09 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Your right,sorry for throwing that last bit in.

I DUN GOOFED.

"GOOD FREAKING DAY TO YOU!" "Stop eating the purple flowers!"