The Legend Of Zelda: A Link Through Time (Demo 1)

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:32 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Hey Guys, Today i have finally completed demo one of TLOZ:ALTT for you guys to play and judge and whatnot.
I am amazed at how much progress has been made. ile save you time and stop talking about it.

Name: The Legend Of Zelda: A Link Through Time {Will Be Full Mod}
Creator: Mastersword321
Type: Original Story, Zelda based full mod.
Features: Complete Retexture of everything, new levels, story, everything NEWWWW
Blurb: An epic journey through time to discover your ancestors worlds, and recover the time scattered pieces of the triforce!
Link: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=655C4A713C1557CA%21672

Please, if you have any suggestions, comments or problems tell me, i love feedback and it helps improve.
Till next time, ~Master

Dec 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Life keeps going, but my temper doesn't.
"..."
I thought that we cancelled this but oooookaaay

EDIT: oooookaaay, it seems great for now, but you completely ignored the border rule. ADD THEM. But when I reached the Door, what amulet is it talking about? And the lost woods itself wasn't challenging at all.

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I found a few bugs:
  • The block next to the entrance too the Lost Woods has an invisible block above it.
  • You can get your sword and the map multiple times.
  • You stand in front of those doorways in the Lost Woods, but behind the green sections next too them. It looks pretty weird.
  • There are a lot of points where there isn't a space between sentences, so it's hard too read, specifically at the end.
  • You can fall off the stage pretty much anywhere, so you need too make a wall too surround it.
  • You can get the amulet before you battle the boss.
  • You can leave the room during the boss battle.
  • You can battle the boss multiple times if you leave the room and go back in.
Now some good points!
  • I love the new graphics! It's really cool how you managed too mimic the original graphics!
  • The enemies are very similar too the original, and I like the new green enemy!

All in all, I think the game's very good so far, but needs some more testing. Good luck!

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:10 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I told you not to release it yet, we still need to add a lot more

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
xavier2918 said:
I found a few bugs:
  • The block next to the entrance too the Lost Woods has an invisible block above it.
  • You can get your sword and the map multiple times.
  • You stand in front of those doorways in the Lost Woods, but behind the green sections next too them. It looks pretty weird.
  • There are a lot of points where there isn't a space between sentences, so it's hard too read, specifically at the end.
  • You can fall off the stage pretty much anywhere, so you need too make a wall too surround it.
  • You can get the amulet before you battle the boss.
  • You can leave the room during the boss battle.
  • You can battle the boss multiple times if you leave the room and go back in.
Now some good points!
  • I love the new graphics! It's really cool how you managed too mimic the original graphics!
  • The enemies are very similar too the original, and I like the new green enemy!
All in all, I think the game's very good so far, but needs some more testing. Good luck!
Thanks, now I have a list of things to fix. It will all be fixed by the next demo, thanks again.
OREOOOOH said:
I played it, but was it planned for you to get the map again, and again?
that was just a glitch I need to fix.

Fatih120 said:
I thought that we cancelled this but oooookaaay EDIT: oooookaaay, it seems great for now, but you completely ignored the border rule. ADD THEM. But when I reached the Door, what amulet is it talking about? And the lost woods itself wasn't challenging at all.
What gave you the impression we cancelled it? And yes, I'm bad for leaving out the borders, and the lost woods isn't quite finished, I'm adding way more paths.

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Interesting...a Zelda mod on the Cave Story forums...
I quite like the idea of it, and nice work by the way. It shows great determination by putting great effort in differentiating the mod from the original game. For the time being, I look forward to what lays ahead. Good luck.

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
completed the demo, and its promising.
can't wait to see the finished project

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:52 AM
"Huzzah!"
Bug I found:
You can get the heart piece over and over... I'm assuming this is something you didn't know about.
I like the changes to the graphics and the new song. You really should get your mod partner's/mod team's permission next time before you release a demo though.

Dec 2, 2013 at 7:08 AM
knuckles5577 said:
Bug I found:
You can get the heart piece over and over... I'm assuming this is something you didn't know about.
I like the changes to the graphics and the new song. You really should get your mod partner's/mod team's permission next time before you release a demo though.
I thought I removed the heart piece :/ I'm a little rusty with the disappearing after flag is set command.
And he wanted more content, but this is basically a shortened first chapter and I felt I need to get it out so I could see what to improve on.

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:36 AM
OREOOOOH said:
If your going to post a mod on the fourms, make sure you test it and fully play it first. :D
I did, I just missed some stuff.it was late when I played though it :p

Dec 12, 2013 at 4:40 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I like the new bkground,tileset.
Also,the boss fight is buggy.

Dec 12, 2013 at 11:09 PM
"Huzzah!"
Just for fun, I recorded my playthrough, and I added random comments in the video because I did not set up my mic to record as I played. Nothing special, but yeh:

Pretty buggy and messy at the moment, but I really think it has potential. Nice work so far, just fix up the bugs and keep working on it. :)

I played a couple minutes before the recorded session where I fell off the area right outside of Link's house by walking to the right and I had to reset (that's why I make a joke about "fear the edge!", though that isn't the edge I fell off of, I wasn't about to see if I could fall off that one as well). The video may show some bugs that aren't known?? I wasn't really trying to break it or anything, so I dunno, but there's a few issues recorded, and I poke a bit of sarcastic fun at them. I hope it doesn't come across as mean or anything, because I certainly wasn't trying to be mean.

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Fatih120 said:
Aar told me that you had a virus on your PC and you weren't allowed to download anything else anymore.
What happened there?
it was just a pc problem. I got it fixed, but I can only work on the mod on Fridays and the weekend due to massive amounts of schoolwork.
Quote hell master said:
I like the new bkground,tileset.
Also,the boss fight is buggy.
thanks! As of now the boss fight is fixed mostly.

FrozenFire said:
Just for fun, I recorded my playthrough, and I added random comments in the video because I did not set up my mic to record as I played. Nothing special, but yeh:

Pretty buggy and messy at the moment, but I really think it has potential. Nice work so far, just fix up the bugs and keep working on it. :)

I played a couple minutes before the recorded session where I fell off the area right outside of Link's house by walking to the right and I had to reset (that's why I make a joke about "fear the edge!", though that isn't the edge I fell off of, I wasn't about to see if I could fall off that one as well). The video may show some bugs that aren't known?? I wasn't really trying to break it or anything, so I dunno, but there's a few issues recorded, and I poke a bit of sarcastic fun at them. I hope it doesn't come across as mean or anything, because I certainly wasn't trying to be mean.
nice play through lol. I was not aware of the heart piece even being in the window! Lol. Navi does say to check out the deku tree, so I would assume people would listen :p. I have worked out most of the bugs in the video, and added some stuff like the missing secret in the tree. I'm also improving on the lost woods. Hope to hear from you again

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:36 PM
"Huzzah!"
I definitely look forward to the next demo! I'm a very big Zelda fan. I actually made my own version of Link in Cave Story style, using Quote as the base. And I also made a small amount of tiles, a heart piece, and even had a friend contribute his skills with some rupee sprites, etc. I made them because I was making a Zelda fan game called Spirit's Quest, but I had to dump the project due to trying to make it as an indie game developer.
I posted the sprites and some tiles on a graphics thread here a number of months back. I don't have the time to look it up right now (gotta get ready for work), but I'm sure I can dig up a link to that post later or just take them from off my computer if you might want to use something I made.

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM
FrozenFire said:
I definitely look forward to the next demo! I'm a very big Zelda fan. I actually made my own version of Link in Cave Story style, using Quote as the base. And I also made a small amount of tiles, a heart piece, and even had a friend contribute his skills with some rupee sprites, etc. I made them because I was making a Zelda fan game called Spirit's Quest, but I had to dump the project due to trying to make it as an indie game developer.
I posted the sprites and some tiles on a graphics thread here a number of months back. I don't have the time to look it up right now (gotta get ready for work), but I'm sure I can dig up a link to that post later or just take them from off my computer if you might want to use something I made.
alright! I might find a good home for the textures lol. I the next demo I'm hoping to have the first actual over world done and maybe a dungeon. This project will take a good year or two to completely finish, but I will be worth it, and it will definatley look good on my college application. (Going to a video game orientated college)

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:57 AM
"Huzzah!"
Hmm, the sprites and tiles really aren't as good as I remembered, ha ha. Perhaps it's because I've learned a few things since the time I made them. Nevertheless, here is all of the stuff I've got that has even a hint of usefulness (spoiler used to keep the post from being annoying):
diph.php

diph.php
diph.php

diph.php
diph.php
diph.php
diph.php

diph.php
diph.php

diph.php
diph.php

The only thing that isn't mine is the big tree in the bottom right pic. It's from an old game called Crystalis or something, forget if that is the exact name though. Oh, and Link's bed is obviously an edit; at least, I used the CS bed as a base anyway, just like Link. The rest is totally original, and it's usually pretty obvious, ha ha. Hope you can use some of it though!

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM
FrozenFire said:
Hmm, the sprites and tiles really aren't as good as I remembered, ha ha. Perhaps it's because I've learned a few things since the time I made them. Nevertheless, here is all of the stuff I've got that has even a hint of usefulness (spoiler used to keep the post from being annoying):
diph.php

diph.php
diph.php

diph.php
diph.php
diph.php
diph.php

diph.php
diph.php

diph.php
diph.php
The only thing that isn't mine is the big tree in the bottom right pic. It's from an old game called Crystalis or something, forget if that is the exact name though. Oh, and Link's bed is obviously an edit; at least, I used the CS bed as a base anyway, just like Link. The rest is totally original, and it's usually pretty obvious, ha ha. Hope you can use some of it though!
That stuff is really good! Haha I will definitely use it. I want to compare the link sprites with my own though haha. I have been trying to get a Melee hack, if I did I could use the sword animations. Thanks :)