Quotes Costumes Help

Oct 26, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Pirate Member
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I really want to play as Quote's Halloween costume and Christmas i have CS+ for Mac.

Oct 26, 2013 at 5:40 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
bahamut said:
I really want to play as Quote's Halloween costume
k
and Christmas i have CS+ for Mac.
oh, that's not gonna work, you can only make costumes if you have the PC version, sorry.

Oct 26, 2013 at 6:15 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
You want to play as the Halloween and Christmas versions of Quote?
Alright, just wait until October 30th-31st and then you'll have the Halloween version.
Wait till December 20th or so for the Christmas version.
Hope I helped!

Oct 26, 2013 at 7:23 PM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
ask a surgical medical centre to make you into a cyborg (keep the organs so that they can put them back after halloween), then go to the nearest military center to buy the latest top secret model of laser gun

Oct 26, 2013 at 10:58 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Hiino said:
ask a surgical medical centre to make you into a cyborg (keep the organs so that they can put them back after halloween), then go to the nearest military center to buy the latest top secret model of laser gun
because this will definitely help him play as the halloween and christmas quote.

Oct 26, 2013 at 11:05 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Hiino said:
I don't get why people just can't give straight answers sometimes..

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:39 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
BhadRebelle said:
Because we like jokes sometimes. No one has to be super duper serious all the time nor do they wish to.

Oct 27, 2013 at 1:04 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
Because we like jokes sometimes. No one has to be super duper serious all the time nor do they wish to.
I was just saying. After a while it gets old. But I guess.

Oct 27, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Look at data/base/MyChar.bmp (rows 13-16 for halloween and rows 17-20 for christmas) in your CS+ folder.

For the Halloween costume you need a dark blue cap. Try getting some fabric paint or whatever works and make the front white and write upon it the words "Curly Brace". Now get a black singlet and dark blue pants. Get a nerf gun, paint it a medium blue (I was half-assed about it and used paper mache so that normal watercolour paint would work, but what you would really need is to spray paint it with a paint that better adheres to plastic) and add a star on either side (create a paper cutout stencil entirely for this purpose, and wait until blue paint dries first).

As for the antennae, I cannot recommend what I did for my costume (wire and some green paper hook around my ear), so be creative. Hell, maybe use a real antenna and paint it green, though how you'll attach it to the side of your head is beyond me.

If you want to go even further you can add red lenses, a green scarf, or maybe even a pumpkin mask.

As for dressing up as a bipedal reindeer with a gun for Christmas, well... you're on your own there.

Good luck.

Oct 27, 2013 at 1:34 AM
/end
BhadRebelle said:
I was just saying. After a while it gets old.
Preach it. Leave it to Brenden to give an actual answer instead of the typical sarcastic replies that any thread that is deemed "stupid" gets.

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:59 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
MetaSeraphim said:
Preach it. Leave it to Brenden to give an actual answer instead of the typical sarcastic replies that any thread that is deem "stupid" gets.
I think that there may have been some confusion about what the OP was asking originally, given the way the question was worded (the poor grammar) and the context (now would be the time to dress up as Quote, for halloween).

Also are the Seasonal holiday sprites available for the Mac version? I know that normally the standalone versions aren't as up to date as the steam version.

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Been here way too long...
MetaSeraphim said:
Preach it. Leave it to Brenden to give an actual answer instead of the typical sarcastic replies that any thread that is deem "stupid" gets.
Pretty much every thread gets this treatment. Possibly because they're all stupid and us older members are sticking around to make fun of them out of sheer boredom and stubbornness. It's also possible that I have the wrong impression, because I ignore boring, non-stupid threads. But as long as certain people (me) are around, certain people (still me) will want to teach kids how to behave on our forum because it's our forum god damn it.

Instruction through ridicule and shame is usually the best way to teach, otherwise this place gets pretty dull.

Oct 27, 2013 at 10:36 AM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
BhadRebelle said:
1. Why quote me and not Noxid, what is this favoritism i'm not the only stupid here
2. "sometimes"? you're new here aren't you
2. also the straight answer was already given

Oct 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Captain Fabulous said:
Instruction through ridicule and shame is usually the best way to teach, otherwise this place gets pretty dull.
It's also good for practicing how to deal with inevitable disappointment

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Also are the Seasonal holiday sprites available for the Mac version? I know that normally the standalone versions aren't as up to date as the steam version.
I've checked and the sprites are there at least.

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:32 PM
/end
Captain Fabulous said:
will want to teach kids how to behave on our forum because it's our forum god damn it.
Whether you're joking or not this is a major problem of this forum.

Captain Fabulous said:
otherwise this place gets pretty dull.
Yet, all the sarcastic terribad posting on this forum is even more of a bore than any other action we could take would be.

DoubleThink said:
It's also good for practicing how to deal with inevitable disappointment
Yes, because that is what this forum is for. To teach "12 year olds" about disappointment and "how to act right" by acting like 12 year olds with a better grasp on the English language than most 12 year olds.

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:58 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
MetaSeraphim said:
Yes, because that is what this forum is for. To teach "12 year olds" about disappointment and "how to act right" by acting like 12 year olds with a better grasp on the English language than most 12 year olds.
Best post I've ever seen to be honest. If you're gonna do what you're trying to stop, you aren't really fixing anything at all.

Oct 27, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Been here way too long...
MetaSeraphim said:
MetaSeraphim being a huge shitlord
So Hiino is a dick towards new guys who ask dumb questions, then you're a dick towards everybody because of Hiino, then a fight starts and an already shitty thread becomes SPOT material. You should probably shut up about the state of the CSTSF until you're ready to stop being part of the problem, or admit that you just like starting shit.

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
MetaSeraphim said:
(Psst that post was directed at Fab)
(As in it's a bad idea that doesn't work)