Team 9 retreat?

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:05 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Why is it before the core fight, the last member of team 9 says "retreat" but the lift closes thereby cutting of their exit? Also what was the purpose of team 9?

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:43 PM
LSD
"..."
I guess that I (after learning about the timeline of events) assumed that Team 9 was one 'team' of the killer robots sent to the island. Instead of having the command to kill the Crown Bearer, they could've possibly been sent to destroy the core of the island. Obviously, it was too strong for them, and they were absolutely destroyed. When Curly restarted the robot, it was most likely remembering how dangerous the core was, and tried to warn them to get out. The door may have been shut by Misery or the Doctor, because they could've known that Curly and Quote were in there, to try and make sure that they were killed. The core might've also somehow psychically shut to make sure that they were killed, too. I guess that your guess is as good as mine, I didn't write the story.

Oct 16, 2013 at 4:07 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Makes sense that the core somehow closed the lift to make sure nothing could escape. I suppose that I had been thinking that the team 9 robot somehow ordered the door to close.

Oct 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Team 9 surely must've been weak if Quote and Curly were to beat the Core.

Oct 16, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Based Member
I'm pretty much with Pigaro on his speculations here aside from
Pigaro said:
Instead of having the command to kill the Crown Bearer...
his implication that most killer robots were sent to kill the crown bearer. I felt it was implied that most robots were sent to help retrieve the crown, and that they were on the crown bearer's side. The people who sent the robots clearly didn't mind killing Mimigas and humans who tried to protect them if it meant reaching the crown, so perhaps they were even zealous enough to send a team to do away with the core.

TLincoln said:
Team 9 surely must've been weak if Quote and Curly were to beat the Core.
Or Quote and Curly are very strong.

On thing I find rather odd about Team 9 is that Curly doesn't seem to have the same view on the robots it's comprised of as she does the robots that killed Mimigas. When Curly sees Quote for the first time, she mistakes him for a killer robot and regards him as hostile. But when she sees all the units of Team 9, she seems to view them enthusiastically as long lost friends. Could Quote's mercy in their first encounter have softened her up toward meeting other robots? Or was Team 9 noticeably different from the other killer robots such that Curly didn't have any negative connotations associated with them? Or did she not show any spite just because they were all dead and couldn't do anything, therefore causing her to view the room as an ancient relic?

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
The robot squad got destroyed by the core so the remaining robots attempted to retreat. There is no relation between "retreat" and closing of the shutter.

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:11 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I never cared about any of this and just played the game

Oct 17, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Here's how I see the backstory of the game:
  • An army of robots were led by Miakid to retrieve the crown for the governments of the surface.
  • Quote and Curly are sent to island by an anti-government or anti-crown group or individual.
  • Robot soldiers attack Mimigas and Humans on the island and the Mimigas fight back with the red flowers.
  • Miakid takes the crown for himself.
  • Quote and Curly fight Miakid and lose.
  • Miakid now has control of the enraged Mimigas from the battle against the robot soldiers and uses them to attack the nation he once served.
  • Miakid dies somehow, understandable since he made some powerful enemies.
There are two possibilities regarding team 9, they were either there by mistake when led by Miakid and attacked the core anyway, or they were there on purpose during Miakid's reign on the governments' orders and attacked the core in order to take out Miakid.

The shutters closing are likely to do with the tidal flow which is likely related to the movement of the core. The core likely saw all robots as enemies after team 9. Essentially if someone other than a robot went in there then they would be fine, no boss fight would ensue.

Last of all Quote and Curly were built for quality, whereas the robot soldiers are more than likely built for mass production. So of course Quote and Curly are stronger.

Aar said:
Then why even comment?

Oct 17, 2013 at 6:44 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Aar said:
Ok kid I'm going to reiterate a point I have stressed several times: the theory section is meant for this kind of stuff. Little details in the game, back stories, some of it is ridiculous and grasps at straws but that's the entire point really. Some people like to pick at these details as a means for a (hopefully) meaningful discussion. Since this forum began the theories section was pretty damn active. If we had none there would be little to discuss (well aside from the fact most topics have been exhausted years ago.)

Anyway my main point is nobody gives a shit that you don't care, stop posting in peoples threads about it, let them discuss what they want, and shut up. Thank you and have a nice day :D

Oct 17, 2013 at 9:42 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
All you needed to say was "Don't post here unless it's related to the theory" or something

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Professional Whatever
No she didn't, because you've pulled this before. It was evident that giving you a quick nudge was doing absolutely nothing.

Oct 18, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Aar said:
All you needed to say was "Don't post here unless it's related to the theory" or something
You shouldn't need someone to explain that to you