Sand zone curly brace fight and jenka's puppies

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:49 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I was playing cave story today and I didn't return one of jenka's puppies. I still went to her house and balrog showed up like usual but I did not return the dog and went straight to the wherehouse. Is it possible to avoid fighting curly brace by not getting the dog and going straight to the warehouse therefore causing curly brace to still have full health and change the ending?

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:59 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
it is taking all i have
to not say some very rude words right now

so

all

i'm

going

to

say

is

no.

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
ahahahhahahaahah
okay lemme begin
1. You had the dog with you, did you not? If you don't have the dog with you, Balrog won't be there.
2. Ahahahahahahahha changing the ending oh my god did you like not notice the april fool's disclaimers on hayden's videos or something haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Dunc2403 said:
ahahahhahahaahah
okay lemme begin
1. You had the dog with you, did you not? If you don't have the dog with you, Balrog won't be there.
2. Ahahahahahahahha changing the ending oh my god did you like not notice the april fool's disclaimers on hayden's videos or something haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I had jenka's dog on quote's head. I went to the warehouse. I beat toroko. I was transported to the labyrinth. I would not battle curly brace.

Simple as that

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:08 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
y dont u try that n c wat hapen
b 4 post thred

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnngghhhhh

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:16 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Noxid is really struggling not to say anything rude.

As am I...

In order to get the puppies in the first place you need to beat Curly. The one in her room I mean.

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
deltaeon said:
I had jenka's dog on quote's head. I went to the warehouse. I beat toroko. I was transported to the labyrinth. I would not battle curly brace.

Simple as that
yes I get that but you can't HAVE the dog without fighting curly good lord what is there not to get

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Life keeps going, but my temper doesn't.
"..."
WAIT

So you're saying

You take teh doges

you go to poophouse

you beat high toroko

you go to maze,

and you're saying... That you get a battle with curly there??? Holy crap, you only battle her once!
(even I wanna diss now!)

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Fatih120 said:
WAIT

So you're saying

You take teh doges

you go to poophouse

you beat high toroko

you go to maze,

and you're saying... That you get a battle with curly there??? Holy crap, you only battle her once!
(even I wanna diss now!)
No, that is not at all what he's saying. He's saying that since you don't have to deliver the last puppy, you could supposedly NOT fight Curly, and skip her battle. But the reason that doesn't work is because Pixel made it so that you have to both defeat Curly and promise not to kill the mimigas in order to grab the last puppy.

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:47 PM
EnlightenedOne said:
No, that is not at all what he's saying. He's saying that since you don't have to deliver the last puppy, you could supposedly NOT fight Curly, and skip her battle. But the reason that doesn't work is because Pixel made it so that you have to both defeat Curly and promise not to kill the mimigas in order to grab the last puppy.
http://www.cavestory.org/guides_puppies.php

Get mick, shinobu, kakeru, and nene. At no time go to curly brace's rom and fight her. When you get nene go back to jenka and balrog should be there. Jenka is lying on the ground and balrog says they got the key to the warehouse. Without talking to jenka go to the warehouse and fight toroko.

My question with your post is that do you need to fight curly brace in order to pick up nene?

Sep 20, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
But Dunc what if there's the secret sixth dog that Pixel hid in the Egg #2. That way Curly wouldn't have to fight and die and everyone would be happy.

Sep 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Serri Online
War criminal
Would that be funny if Curly's fight were to have been avoided the whole time.

Sep 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Anyways as the others have said, you need to bring 5 puppies to jenka's house to get balrog to show up. It doesn't matter what order the puppies are brought in, but you need to bring all 5, even if you keep the last one you bring. And since there are only 5 puppies, you need to get the one in Curly's house, which means you need to fight her in order to progress the story.