Arthur's key

Sep 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Why is his key in the graveyard? Why doesn't toroko have it. Also if the teleporter is in Arthur's house how did sue get to the egg corridor?

Sep 19, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
There were two keys to Arthur's house. Toroko had one of them, and the other one was by Arthur's grave. Why the other was by Arthur's grave is not explained.

As for how Sue got to the Egg Corridor, she probably used the teleporter in Arthur's house. My theory is that King wanted to have Sue ready in case the Doctor was coming again so that he'd take her next time, and that Toroko, knowing this, had Sue go into Arthur's house and then locked the door after she went in so that King couldn't get to her. This theory is based on the fact that when you first arrive, King wants to get to Sue, and apparently knows he has to get into Arthur's house to do so. And he also seems to know that Toroko has the key. And judging by the fact that Toroko is trying to keep the key from King, she probably helped Sue get in.

Sep 19, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Thanks it makes sense now

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Professional Whatever
I always thought that it was just Arthur's copy of the key and the other mimiga wanted to bury the key with him, as a sign of respect. Probably to preserve the ownership of the place where he lived all his life.
Then again, Toroko had a copy as well. I suppose it could have been a secret between her and Arthur, at least until King finds out during the events of Cave Story.

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:39 AM
MagicDoors said:
I always thought that it was just Arthur's copy of the key and the other mimiga wanted to bury the key with him, as a sign of respect. Probably to preserve the ownership of the place where he lived all his life.
Then again, Toroko had a copy as well. I suppose it could have been a secret between her and Arthur, at least until King finds out during the events of Cave Story.
makes sense

Sep 20, 2013 at 4:47 AM
War criminal
Fatih120 said:
oh god WHY DIDN'T I ASK THIS WHEN I FIRST JOINED

great question anyways. I think also Jack was lying, and that he wanted to keep the key hidden, so he blocked the path to the cemetary.
Not to mention he hired Dempé (at least what I call him) the Gravekeeper to stab you if you were to get closer to the key.