Why are there red flowers in Arthur's house?

Aug 20, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
p172641-0-2h2li69.png

The big question that nobody really cared about until now... I thought the Mimiga over at the Yamashita farm made it clear that there are no red flowers growing here and King made it clear that the doctor has raided the village on multiple occasions in order to steal the Mimigas away for his evil plans.
Judging by the fact that the door to here... Exists and Sue has not been captured despite living here i can only assume that Misery and Balrog simply haven't checked here yet.
So if this has nothing to do with the antagonist, did one of the Mimigas put the flowers here? I thought all of them were destroyed after the last time when they turned them into bloodthirsty hellspawn? Does that mean Sue put them here? What purpose would that serve?
Either way i thought this was odd ever scince i first got the key to his house and still mystifies me today... Is there something i am missing?

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
First off, this should be in the theories section. Second, this has been discussed before. The general consensus from before was that Arthur kept those flowers on hand in case they were ever needed to make himself or other Mimigas stronger in order to face a great threat, but only as a last resort.

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
HaydenStudios said:
First off, this should be in the theories section. Second, this has been discussed before. The general consensus from before was that Arthur kept those flowers on hand in case they were ever needed to make himself or other Mimigas stronger in order to face a great threat, but only as a last resort.
That... Makes a lot of sense actually.
I was probably to specific when i was searching up for threads like this but hey that's what i get for being inactive for an entire year.
Fun fact though, this is your 4 endings mod not the actual cave story so the fact that you're the one to answer this is an amazing coincidence.

Aug 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
If at any point you're thinking of making another theory thread, this quicklist is very useful for seeing what has and hasn't been discussed yet.

Also haha, thanks. It's comforting to hear that some people like my mod such that they're using it for things in which the regular Cave Story would be suitable.

Aug 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Pixel explained on his website that King's eyes are red because of the Red Flower.
Maybe this has something to do with King. Probably not.

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Perhaps Sue took what few seeds the Doctor had during her escape? I mean why make it an important point to capture Sue? Though, perhaps Sue could have been leverage to draw Momorin out... although, I have my doubts that they know she is still alive; with that bit about being thrown off the edge, and living under their noses.

And perhaps those flowers are not of the same purity or potency as the ones locked away in Sand Zone... Or maybe they wouldn't reproduce?

Alternatively, maybe they were discarded flowers/seeds. Except they survived and took root in the basement?

Completely randomly, maybe hid the Demon Seeds in her seemingly unimportant pendant. She escaped her pursuit, and maybe discarded the seeds after befriending Toroko. Then Sue gave her the now useless pendant as a gift. Who knows...

(It is noted that Red Flowers might be occasionally found around the island... like Igor having all of those red flower petals. Also, didn't that Grasstown hut have red petals as well or not?)

Aug 25, 2013 at 1:08 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Arthur and King were obviously junkies, just look at King's eyes.
One night they were getting high and the doctor busted through the door all "surprise, motherfuckuh." and kicked Arthur's ass with a tommy gun, and King threw a bottle at the doc's face and ran out, tripping the whole way.

I'm not sorry.