Who killed Miakid

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:45 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Miakid, the third crown bearer was killed 10 years before Cave Story.

He was injured by Quote and Curly

but who Killed him. I've just finished a transcription of the whole game, and it doesn't say it anywhere.

Anyone got any input?

---

[ref:]

CURLY SPEAKING TO QUOTE:
"Finally, one man got
the =Demon Crown= in
his possession."

"The robots' work was
done, and the island
fell silent."

"But that was just the
beginning of the tragedy."

"With the crown in hand,
the man turned the
Mimigas into killers"

"and began his assault
on the Earth."

"I tried to stop him."

"You were there too."

"....."

"That's...as far as I
can remember."

"I'm pretty sure we
were able to wound him."

"But we seemed far out
of our league..."

"Do you remember anything?"

----

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:48 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Arthur, a Mimigma warrior, managed to finish him off I believe. Arthur was later killed by the Doctor after he got the crown.

Jun 8, 2007 at 6:47 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
It's never mentioned who defeated Miakid. So it's up to you.

Jun 8, 2007 at 7:35 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Yah I just finished a text dump and there is no mention on who kills him.

The wikipeida said that Arthur did but they were wrong. So I fixed it on the Wiki.

Yah, no mention on who killed Maikid.

Jun 8, 2007 at 1:15 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Correct. There is no information in Cave Story about what killed Miakid.

By the way, we had a thread going a while ago where we discussed the nature of Miakid. I've always thought he looked like a large ape, but others believe he was human.
Judging from that prologue you've made you also think he was an ape of some kind (I think, I'm no good at anatomy). So I was wondering, whats your reasoning behind that?

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:47 PM
"..."
His reasoning behind that was that same thread, which was sparked because he wanted to know what Miakid was for the scene of his skeleton sitting in the chair. Originally he had more non-human hands and feet, but changed them. :o

Jun 8, 2007 at 7:57 PM
I see. Found that thread (which was another than the one I was talking about. This seems to have come up on more than one occasion).

Jun 9, 2007 at 9:44 AM
I actually made him more human but the more I think about Pixel the more I think he was a Ape.

Though I did make his face more ape like- striking some creative middle ground. But when you finally see him alive in the comic he will be more human.

Considering the 1st was a Cat and the 2nd was a Croc.

But in the end I assumed he was a meat head human.

In the prologue you'll see him before he dies (10 years before the start of the story) but i shouldn't have said that. *blush* you gota wait for when it's released!

Jun 9, 2007 at 12:43 PM
Cats and crocs, eh?
Interesting.

Jun 9, 2007 at 3:57 PM
"..."
It just seems that if he was anything he'd be a human military guy, considering he did invade the planet.

Jun 9, 2007 at 8:24 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
crownandskull.jpg

skulls1.jpg

All that's left of Miakid is a skull...! Comparing to those skulls I think it looks human.

Considering the 1st was a Cat and the 2nd was a Croc.
Er... I never considered the first one to be a cat..!
first.jpg

But, upon closer inspection I do see that as a possibility.

Mia.jpg

What I pictured in my mind, the first two were reptile like. The last two human... The human doctor, the muscular man, the old reptile, and the ... first one. The ... demon! I figured the crown was named after it's first wearer. It seems to fit him the best from the statues...
But, then again you brought up he could be a cat... The only problem I have with that is the ears, they come out from below his eye level, and all the cat pictures, cats I've seen have their ears more atop their head. And those claws are monsterous... [strong looking huge pointy tail too..!!]
Still could be a cat, artists don't play by the rules ;)
Hmm... The only thing interesting I could look up is uh the name of the first statue is Halda right? Looking it up to German Names of Germanic Origin put Halda as female... hmmm here's something interesting
"The proper meaning of verb halda is ‘to hold in the hand’." Considering he's the only statue doing this..! hmmm just interesting.
http://www.nordic-life.org/nmh/hrafreng.html
another place says, "Old Norse halda 'hold fast'"
http://www.quicksilver899.com/Tolkien/SILM/SILM_FI.html

Well the only thing that told me is the word Halda is Old Norse and means to hold in hand or hold fast...

I'd imagine in any case it's possible that Misery had a connection to the Demon, Cat, thing... Seems likely that she could have been tricked, convinced or something into creating the demon crown..? It's hard to figure out if Ballos knew what he was doing or not when dealing with the crown, or if it was just a reactive response... "CURSE!"

Er as for who killed Miakid... I suppose it's up to the writer or modder to decide ..! I actually haven't figured it all out yet for myself

Jun 11, 2007 at 12:01 AM
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Jackel? Jackel? It's a Jackel! Jackel? Is it a Jackel? Jackel? Jackel?

*BZZT* Time's up!

<Stewie> GUH! It wasn't right the 1st time, why the hell would it be right the other 50 times!? GOD!

On my 1st inspection of the 1st crown'd, I think he looks like some form of alien life. Possibly simmilar to Piccolo from DBZ. Then again, Chances are Pixel just made 3 random characters, not caring for who they are.

In all possibilities, they could all just be... human, just warped over time by Ballos' magic. Crown'd 1 is the most warped, Probably becuase he had the crown the longest. Crown'd 2 was obviously an old man, not as warped, so he probably didn't have the crown as long. Crown'd 3 still looks human, with possible alterations to his chest-area, and number 4 is good 'ol date.

The only thing that blows this theory out of the water would be the carver, putting together Date's statue a while before Quote destroys the core...

It is possible, however, that the carver knows the crownd's exact time of death, and upon finishing the statue, the crown'd dies. This could explain that you could see the carver working on Date's statue, dash through the last cave, and kill the core all in a time too short for the carver to actually 'finish', onyl to find him gone, and the statue finished when you get down there again.

Jun 11, 2007 at 12:41 AM
That's a nice theory, about the carver.

The three crown bearers could really be anyone. Maybe the first one is one of those green hooded chaps who can be found in Grasstown and other places (crack theory).

Jun 11, 2007 at 1:47 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
ZTaimat said:
On my 1st inspection of the 1st crown'd, I think he looks like some form of alien life.

Same here.

ZTaimat said:
In all possibilities, they could all just be... human, just warped over time by Ballos' magic. Crown'd 1 is the most warped, Probably becuase he had the crown the longest. Crown'd 2 was obviously an old man, not as warped, so he probably didn't have the crown as long. Crown'd 3 still looks human, with possible alterations to his chest-area, and number 4 is good 'ol date.

D: I never tought of this, but it may be true... Oh yeah the secound one a old man, would be hilarous cuz ya'know damn old crocodile XD

ZTaimat said:
The only thing that blows this theory out of the water would be the carver, putting together Date's statue a while before Quote destroys the core...

It is possible, however, that the carver knows the crownd's exact time of death, and upon finishing the statue, the crown'd dies. This could explain that you could see the carver working on Date's statue, dash through the last cave, and kill the core all in a time too short for the carver to actually 'finish', onyl to find him gone, and the statue finished when you get down there again.

Thats actually a amazing theory, maybe he knows all about the crown, thats maybe why he is gone, so he knows that quote kill ballos which would destroy the crown...

Jun 11, 2007 at 5:17 AM
I don't really think that Numahachi, the Carver, knows when the guys are going to die.

Remember it's only been 3-4 weeks maybe even as low as 10 days since Date got the crown. Numahachi prob started late. And who's to say he's the one that carved the first statues.

Im also shaking my head to the theories about them being human. Considering the wide array of creatures of stuff, there is no way these are mutated humans.

Im fairly confident the first is a jackal or a cat, the next a croc, the next maybe an ape or a beefy human and last, Date.

;)

Jun 11, 2007 at 8:02 PM
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Meh. Maybe Pixel had 2 pet lizards, and a monkey.

Date could have been based off his father, for all we know.

I prefer my theory behind Numahachi, though. As a lonely carver, nobody would think of killing him, so he can just mind his own business, and carve. It'd be quite the twist if you could kill him, though.