"Welcome to Hell! Sign"???

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:29 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I was playing Blood Stained Sanctuary(Sacred Grounds) on CS DSWare, and I noticed the sign that says "Welcome to Hell!". But how could it have came in the first place? We can only guess......

Maybe the Hell Brutes decided to give a warm welcome to the people that come there? (It may not be strange to you, but I don't think a warm welcome near the entrance of hell is necessary)

I have no other explanation for why this might be, sadly.

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:32 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Maybe a magical spirit in HELL decided he had nothing better to do other than paint a sign that no-one is going to r- ok, i have nothing.

...Maybe, sniff, maybe.

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
There's also a magic bookshelf right before Hell that can turn back time.
Weird things happen

Feb 1, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Perhaps being in proximity of Ballos cause reality to be distorted and meta.
I don't know.

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Likely that sign was always there, someone probably just wrote over the top of it. Who did it obviously didn't get a good first impression of the place, no?

The bookshelf is a game mechanic, it wouldn't exist within the game's plot. This is Pixel communicating directly with the player. Quote, the character, is left out of the loop.

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:48 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Moon said:
Perhaps being in proximity of Ballos cause reality to be distorted and meta.
I don't know.
Yes.

Feb 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
want to frighten

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:26 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
The level is actually called Sacred Grounds. Whoever wrote that sign thought that "Hell" was a more suited name. Obviously it wasn't butes, distorted reality or residing magical spirits or it would say "Welcome to Sacred Grounds". It had to have been put there by an outside influence.

The entrance was located below the prefab house, the same prefab house that has Booster's notes about the difficulty of navigating the island, and his plans to build the booster 2.0 "if he lives long enough".

Our sign writer could likely be Booster.

Of course this is only one possibility. The sign could be much older and the entrance buried long ago. As Pixel proved with Igor's master (who turned out to be an entirely offscreen character), the island has plenty of history, places, and characters, hell, an entire surface world that we quite simply do not ever see that have left their mark on this world. That sign could have been put there by anyone in the last hundred or so years. Same for Miakid's death, "I wish you luck" from the computer terminal, or the message on the back of the map system. Don't discount the possibility of offscreen characters.

Feb 2, 2013 at 3:50 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Curly could've wrote it then accidently fall down the gap, causing a brute or two to lift her up. After this, because of her being metal, she could've been dropped near the door...

Feb 2, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Professional Whatever
andwhyisit said:
The level is actually called Sacred Grounds. Whoever wrote that sign thought that "Hell" was a more suited name. Obviously it wasn't butes, distorted reality or residing magical spirits or it would say "Welcome to Sacred Grounds". It had to have been put there by an outside influence.

The entrance was located below the prefab house, the same prefab house that has Booster's notes about the difficulty of navigating the island, and his plans to build the booster 2.0 "if he lives long enough".

Our sign writer could likely be Booster.

Of course this is only one possibility. The sign could be much older and the entrance buried long ago. As Pixel proved with Igor's master (who turned out to be an entirely offscreen character), the island has plenty of history, places, and characters, hell, an entire surface world that we quite simply do not ever see that have left their mark on this world. That sign could have been put there by anyone in the last hundred or so years. Same for Miakid's death, "I wish you luck" from the computer terminal, or the message on the back of the map system. Don't discount the possibility of offscreen characters.
Interesting idea. I think that the sign writer isn't saying that Hell is a better name though, I think s/he's just saying that this is a bad place and you will die.
Booster is a fairly logical person, I doubt he would bother with planting a sign in a location that no one would find, as opposed to in front of the entrance. It also doesn't really help anyone very much, so he wouldn't have any reason to put it up in the first place.

Also at your previous post that's a good point, I hadn't thought of the game speaking directly to the player.

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
The sign was made by Pixel telling us a joke.

You know, like how its the final stretch of the game. Harder in difficulty than the previous sections of the game.

Feb 3, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
MagicDoors said:
Interesting idea. I think that the sign writer isn't saying that Hell is a better name though, I think s/he's just saying that this is a bad place and you will die.
Yeah. That's what I meant.
MagicDoors said:
Booster is a fairly logical person, I doubt he would bother with planting a sign in a location that no one would find, as opposed to in front of the entrance. It also doesn't really help anyone very much, so he wouldn't have any reason to put it up in the first place.
As I said in my other post, the sign was probably already there and horribly faded. He would have just written over the existing sign.

Apr 1, 2013 at 6:39 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I think curly put it there because who else has been in there.....

Apr 1, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
curlybrace22702 said:
I think curly put it there because who else has been in there.....
Well I suppose that isn't totally impossible. But... she didn't have any reason to do so? I really don't see why Curly of all people would have done it.

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Been here way too long...
Jenka is the one who created Hell, so she probably made the sign. The only other option is the Butes, which is unlikely since they don't fly into the first chamber. You're all making up far-fetched theories and hoodwinking each other.

Immediate edit: okay, maybe she made Hell? Unless there was already a conveniently placed gauntlet with an empty sealed chamber, she must have made it. Part of it, at least. She could have put the sign up as a deterrent to intruders, to hoodwink them into thinking they're entering eternal damnation.

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Fab the Butes clearly don't fly into that first chamber to hoodwink us into believing that they didn't write the sign! They clearly did it, and they've hoodwinked us all up until now.

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Dude the Butes are fucking master hoodwinkers, then.