What happens to Misery in the Normal Ending?

Jan 4, 2013 at 1:16 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I finally beat the game for the very first time, and I got the Normal Ending. When I defeated the Undead Core, I thought I really need to run - I wasn't sure if it's Take Your Time - and I totally forgot about Misery, so I didn't look around in Black Space to look for her... not sure if she's there at all. Is she there? Does she die with the island? Since I have doubts that I'll ever be able to finish this very hard game, I'm not sure if I'll have an opportunity to look around there again. :p

Anyway, Misery is one of my favourite characters and she actually induces cuteness overload for me, so I'd feel pity for her. :(

NOTE: Although I linked the Endings page from the wiki, I didn't read the Good Ending, so don't spoil it for me, please!

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:21 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
It would make sense that she and Balrog went into stasis again to be rediscovered by the next crownholder

but since they showed Balrog as a nurse in the ending credits, I have no idea....

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:24 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I'm rather convinced that Misery dies. I haven't played Cave Story in quite a while so I'm not completely sure, but if you can manage to beat the Undead Core again, maybe you can look at where Misery goes after the battle. Another idea is that she escaped, something that would make sense considering what happens in the good ending.

By the way, your "Take Your Time" link goes to Cuteness Overload instead.

Jan 4, 2013 at 5:39 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I don't think she dies. The curse just never breaks. She keeps on making more demon crowns or maintaining the existing one.

This might belong in theories, but I cannot tell yet. Perhaps it is just game discussion, but it is also very plot related.

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:41 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ollie said:
By the way, your "Take Your Time" link goes to Cuteness Overload instead.
Fixed.

Oh no, I've just put myself through the deaths of Toroko and Curly Brace and now Misery too?! :'(

(Hmm, why don't we have a Misery emoticon while we have Toroko ( :sue:) and Balrog ( :balrog:) too?)

BTW, forum bug:

I want to type this:
Code:
(Hmm, why don't we have a [i]Misery[/i] emoticon while we have [i]Toroko[/i] (:toroko:), [i]Sue[/i] (:sue:) and [i]Balrog[/i] (:balrog:) too?)
...but it somehow gets autocorrected to this:
Code:
(Hmm, why don't we have a [i]Misery[/i] emoticon while we have [i]Toroko[/i] ( :sue:) and [i]Balrog[/i] ( :balrog:) too?)

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Yeah that's actually a bug. You are not allowed to put them all on one line.

Let me try to figure out how to format them properly.

COLON toroko COLON
:toroko:

COLON balrog COLON
:balrog:

COLON sue COLON
:sue:

COLON misery_witch COLON
diph.php

There we go!