Quote has a Magic Sacthel?

Aug 4, 2012 at 3:35 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
FOr those who don't know, a "Magic satchel" is....
Wikipedia Said:
Magic satchel is a term often used in reference to Role-playing video games. It refers to the use of a character's inventory in the game, which can often contain more items (or items of too large a size) than is physically possible for the character to carry without any visible means to hold or transport them

At maximum loadout, Quote's inventory consists of
  • 36 items(Including Beast Fang)
  • 5 weapons
  • Ammo for said weapons.(Mostly missiles)
Also, the missile launcher looks like its actually taller than Quote.You can have a maximum of 54 super misssles or 100 regular ones at a time!
So where does Quote keep all this stuff
And no, don't say "magic". Magic is the killer of theory threads! Wait a second! The thread title is "Quote has a magic satchel"
Ummm. never mind that then...

Aug 4, 2012 at 3:55 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
nanomachines

Aug 4, 2012 at 5:24 AM
Based Member
Aug 4, 2012 at 7:05 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Quote keeps his items in Curly's hammerspace. When he obtains Curly's panties, it fuses with the hammerspace and multiplies his power level by the following number:
giflatex3.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 4, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Pocketable items:
A locket.
A bunch of keys.
A bunch of small medals/badges.
A bunch of small star trinkets.
A pair of underwear.
Some lipstick.
A timer.
A gps thing.
Mr. Little.

Over 90% of non-weapon items are quite small.

This leaves us with..

Worn items:
A jetpack.
An air tank.
Missile launcher (if not held).

Held items:
Current weapon + upgrades.

Packed items:
Two jars.
A tow rope.
A mask.
Remaining weapons + upgrades.

No magic here folks.

Aug 4, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Not anymore
Pocketable items:
A locket.
A bunch of keys.
A bunch of small medals/badges.
A bunch of small star trinkets.
A pair of underwear.
Some lipstick.
A timer.
A gps thing.
Mr. Little.

Over 90% of non-weapon items are quite small.

This leaves us with..

Worn items:
A jetpack.
An air tank.
Missile launcher (if not held).

Held items:
Current weapon + upgrades.

Packed items:
Two jars.
A tow rope.
A mask.
Remaining weapons + upgrades.

No magic here folks.

That's a good point really. The jellyfish juice jar might also be small enough that you could 'pocket' it.

Aug 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Quote resides in the video-game verse.
All people there have hammerspace pockets save only a few unfortunate ones born under nitpicky gods.

Aug 4, 2012 at 10:15 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Quote has a Hyperspace Arsenal, that's how.

What else can he cram in there? A M1 Abrams tank? The USS Missouri? A Nimitz Class Carrier?!
Quote keeps his items in Curly's hammerspace. When he obtains Curly's panties, it fuses with the hammerspace and multiplies his power level by the following number:
giflatex3.gif
I counter your theory with:

giflatex4.gif

The only problem is, why would Curly let Quote use her hammerspace. Could that mean hammerspace is like a online cloud that you you have to pay for, and Quote wasted his money on Steam games??

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Not anymore
I counter your theory with:

giflatex4.gif

The only problem is, why would Curly let Quote use her hammerspace. Could that mean hammerspace is like a online cloud that you you have to pay for, and Quote wasted his money on Steam games??

The number you gave is equal to 1.

Quote wasted his money on steam games? Sound pretty similar to someone's real life experience...

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Now I'm thinking I should commission one of our artists to draw Quote carrying his entire inventory at once

Aug 4, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Its so obvious, he has a built-in shrink ray to shrink items. A small storage area on his person could hold the shrunken items.

That made me seriously think about the minecraft inventory.

Aug 4, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Based Member
OR, maybe Jenka put an Undetectable Extension Charm in Quote's pocket. That, or Misery did it on accident. As for showing it non-magically in fan art form, there is also another drawing by onlineworms that kinda shows Quote keeping it all somewhere.
p123860-0-cavestorygrasstownbyonlineworms.png
Sorry, unlike Carrotlord I was too lazy to edit it in paint and point them all out and re-upload it, but it should be easily decipherable.

Aug 4, 2012 at 8:29 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I was not aware of the King and Toroko keychains

Aug 5, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I'm a little worried about the size of the Blade in that picture. How did you get anything done with a knife that small.

Aug 5, 2012 at 6:05 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
ok now, i am CERTAIN that he would collapse from all that. Also, he had to carry Curly... A wonder he didn't collapse yet.

Aug 5, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Its so obvious, he has a built-in shrink ray to shrink items. A small storage area on his person could hold the shrunken items.
90% of his items are small already, he can pocket most of it as is.

Aug 5, 2012 at 8:49 AM
ok now, i am CERTAIN that he would collapse from all that. Also, he had to carry Curly... A wonder he didn't collapse yet.
Most modern day vechiles are made of aluminum and/or titanium. Cavestory takes place in the future, and they probably have found even tougher metals. Quote, being a robot is most like built out of the most durable metals available. Also, it looks like he's only carrying a few ponds of stuff.

And now for the theory part this post!
Maybe Quote has a Ender Chest and a silk-touch pickaxe.He puts all the items that don't require immediate use (Keys, jelly juice) in there and important items (Weapons, life pot) in his pockets. Whenever he needs a key, he places the Ender chest, grabs the item, and breaks it with silk-touch.

Aug 5, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Another theory could be that he has a dimension box that he puts his items in. After he puts his items in he can go into the dimension box that they are stored in and grab them. Most of the time he does not need his items THAT SECOND so he can take time to get them out. His weapons are stored on his person, and certain things like the life pot that he would need almost instantly would be stored inside his pocket or something. Also he would hold the dimension box on his king & toroko key chain.

As for Curly, he has items that are connected to him like the iron bond, or the tow rope that allow her to hang on to him easily.