Hack9 Story

Jul 6, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Hack9 Story is a short minimod based off the game Hack9. You play as Snort, an amateur hacker girl who needs to inspect some terminals and perhaps do some cracking, hence the name Hack9.

Download Hack9 Story
Mirror Link

diph.php

Jul 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Nice! Short but pretty well-designed.

First, comments:

1. I like the new tiles and sprites. They kind of remind me of Schism.
2. Also, the reskinned save point was a nice touch, too. All the new art was good, really. The salesman looked kind of odd, though... sort of like a giant turtle? Or maybe I just need to look at his sprite closer.
3. The level design is challenging at first until you get used to it. Also, the new weapon helps a lot.

Criticisms/comments:
1. I assume MP is in the works for a later release? MP doesn't really figure into the demo much at all so far.
2. If your first purchase is something other than the
pistol, I don't think it's possible to get past the shootable blocks to the Western Caverns. The knife doesn't break those blocks, so if you bought something else, you're out of luck and have to restart.

All in all, this looks promising! I didn't run into any real glitches, and everything played smoothly. Great work! I hope this doesn't mean that you're abandoning The Witching Hour, though? That mod is great.

Jul 6, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Nice! Short but pretty well-designed.

First, comments:

1. I like the new tiles and sprites. They kind of remind me of Schism.
2. Also, the reskinned save point was a nice touch, too. All the new art was good, really. The salesman looked kind of odd, though... sort of like a giant turtle? Or maybe I just need to look at his sprite closer.
3. The level design is challenging at first until you get used to it. Also, the new weapon helps a lot.

Criticisms/comments:
1. I assume MP is in the works for a later release? MP doesn't really figure into the demo much at all so far.
2. If your first purchase is something other than the
pistol, I don't think it's possible to get past the shootable blocks to the Western Caverns. The knife doesn't break those blocks, so if you bought something else, you're out of luck and have to restart.

All in all, this looks promising! I didn't run into any real glitches, and everything played smoothly. Great work! I hope this doesn't mean that you're abandoning The Witching Hour, though? That mod is great.

I'm not abandoning the Witching Hour. I probably won't be able to work on it at university since I'll just be too busy, but it's still in the works during the summer season.

Yes, MP will be for later demos. And yeah, you have to buy the pistol or else you won't be able to progress. I'll probably make it so that you can't buy anything except the pistol the first time.

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I like it! It sounds like it could be a great mod.
One problem I found is that while inspecting terminals, <PRI should probably be used instead of <KEY, since if you didn't bother to kill all the surrounding enemies, you can be killed immediately after you get off the terminal.