Really Fun Game Breaking Story 3D Glitch I Discovered

May 3, 2012 at 9:35 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
So, several months ago, I was playing Cave Story, and I encountered a weird glitch. I quickly figured out how to exploit it, and it turned out to be one of the most fun glitches I've ever played around with in a video game. I didn't want to post it on these forums too quickly after the game's release, for fear that they would patch it if too many people knew about it. I decided that a video would be okay, however, since it did not, as I expected, get very many hits. However, now that it's been quite a while, I feel that it's okay to share it here, too. For the sake of brevity, here is the video I made back when I first discovered it. I'm sorry for the crappy quality and general terribleness of the video altogether. I threw this together in like five minutes, so bear with me. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=keJwwdYR3pg

Here's a summary of the video for those of you who do not want to or cannot watch the video:
This glitch will make any examinable objects in one room react like those in another. For instance, you could make the computer in Arthur's house have Ballos's text (complete with face sprite), followed by his battle music. You could also have a door in the Labyrinth lead to Bushlands, or have the flowers in Arthur's house give you a health upgrade every time you examine them. Any two rooms can be selected for this, so long as the one receiving the glitch contains a save point.)

So here's how this is done:
1.) Save in the room you want to receive the glitch
2.) Exit to the menu regularly
3.) Open a save file (the same one or another) and go to a room different than the one you saved in in step 1. This will be the room that the second room will react like
4.) Open the inventory
5.) With the inventory still open, pause the game and exit to the menu
6.) Open the game file you saved in step 1
7.) The menu should be open at this point. Close it, then examine the objects in the room. They will react as though they were the objects in the other room. This can be exploited to give you infinite health, items you should not have yet, get you to places you should not go yet, and make people and things say funny stuff. Enjoy!

May 3, 2012 at 9:58 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I think almost all of us already know that glitch by now.

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

And shouldn't this be in the CS 3D new stuff list thread?

May 3, 2012 at 10:00 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I think it's notable enough to have its own thread.
because now people dont' need to think we don't already know about it

May 3, 2012 at 10:06 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I think it's notable enough to have its own thread.
because now people dont' need to think we don't already know about it
I think almost all of us already know that glitch by now.

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

And shouldn't this be in the CS 3D new stuff list thread?

Well crap. And here I thought I discovered this. (Well, maybe I did. I don't know. I found it a few days after the game's release, so maybe...)

Also, sorry. I don't use this forum much, and I didn't realize that thread existed.

May 13, 2012 at 2:07 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
You can also do hell without doing the Curly sidequest and such really this extremely broken. :p
Edit: Hell is not complete able because the floor at Passage? is still there. (There is no enemys either)

May 13, 2012 at 7:07 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
In the egg corridor, the first time you visit it. Right before igor, there is a extended part which you can go under. Would it be possible to get the booster 2.0 before the first visit and go across it?

May 15, 2012 at 9:16 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
In the egg corridor, the first time you visit it. Right before igor, there is a extended part which you can go under. Would it be possible to get the booster 2.0 before the first visit and go across it?
Yeah, you could. :D

May 18, 2012 at 3:40 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yeah just do this glitch in time attack you can get 290 counter booster 2.0 and Arm Barrier