Did lots of mimiga use to live in Grasstown?

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:00 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I was wondering because there are so many empty shacks. Mabey the mimiga that used to live there were taken by the doctor or killed in the war. Another reason why I think this is because it's a bit weird that Chako and Santa would chose to live so isolated away from other Mimiga.
Theres also that crazed Mimiga you fight in the room with the missile ammo power up. did that mimiga use to live there?

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Did you play the 3DS port? There's LOTS of houses in the background!

I definitely think the Mimigas used to live in GrassTown before the war and moved into the village we see in the game either at the end of it or as an attempt to hide away from the robots in a more secure location.

Feb 14, 2012 at 12:05 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I think that the war was mostly in grasstown so many mimiga moved out to mimiga village DONE PERIOD GOOD DAY SIR

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM
i've never played the 3DS version. ^_^

Feb 14, 2012 at 8:59 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
maybe the shovel crew lived there?

there is an awful lot of houses there.

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:54 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
They were all inhabited by Drolls, until the untimely death of the Droll King and subsequent conscription of his populace into the Doctor's security force.

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Really i never knew that

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Veteran Member
That's probably because it's a baseless (though perfectly possible) theory ;)

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:39 AM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
They were all inhabited by Drolls, until the untimely death of the Droll King and subsequent conscription of his populace into the Doctor's security force.
So they moved to the Plantation, I take it? Maybe I ought to put some Drolls in Grasstown in one of the mods I'm busy with. Hopefully not any form of man-eating pastry.
And then Arthur killed his ghost, the Red Demon.
Arthur fought the Red Demon off. If you talk to Jack before going into the Sand Zone, he'll tell you how Arthur was a hero. Why else is Red Demon still alive in the game? Unless the petrification-thing is undone by magic users, he should have stayed a statue.

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:50 PM
The Eternal Darkness
So, he'll be back again? I've got a good plan to counter that. Annihilate him until he turns into stone, then obliterate the stone. That should take care of him, right?

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Veteran Member
Oh, it's definetly undone by magic. It does do automatically, about every ten years.
Another baseless (albeit possible) theory?

Feb 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Looks like it. Though I wonder which came first, the Drolls or Ballos' madness?

Feb 24, 2012 at 8:59 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Drolls came first as they were probably there before Ballos went insane on the surface and were the original inhabitants of many areas of the island. Probably

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Drolls came first as they were probably there before Ballos went insane on the surface and were the original inhabitants of many areas of the island. Probably
I don't think so.
I believe that Jenka created the Drolls from clays (Hence their 'earth' association) to protect Ballos' prison, which is above Itoh's head all the time.

Feb 25, 2012 at 9:29 AM
The Eternal Darkness
And the poor coward doesn't even know it yet. I'd like to see his reaction when somebody tells him "Hey! Itoh! There's a prison above your head with some mad sorcerer there!". That would be awesome. I should put something like that in my mod, maybe it'll end up hilarious.
Well, if I make a third mod (after my previous two are done) I'll place Drolls almost everywhere where the second NPC-file is 0. Maybe even some Red Demons who act like Drolls.
I don't think so. I believe that Jenka created the Drolls from clays (Hence their 'earth' association) to protect Ballos' prison, which is above Itoh's head all the time.
And even referred to in Jenka's Nightmare (which, in the Plantation, says something about where Ballos was fought).

My theory of the Drolls are that Ballos made them while going berserk, destroying his kingdom (wonder what it was called?), and the Drolls helped him on that matter. However, Jenka managed to seal him in his prison, and teleported herself to the Sand Zone after sending all Drolls to the island. Born from earth? I'd probably make them throw it instead of those knives or whatever. But if a lot of Mimigas lived in Grasstown, and Drolls lived there too, then they were peaceful? I don't understand that, since if Quote is disguised as a Mimiga, they shouldn't hurt him. Of course, that may be retribution if Quote attacks them first...

EDIT:
And this theory made its way to Shane's Cave Story, which now contains Drolls in Grasstown with 128 HP.