Who is Misery's father?

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:43 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
We know Jenka,her mother. We know Ballos,her uncle. WHO WAS HER FATHER?!

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Darth Vader was her father.

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yet another thing Pixel has left out to make people think.
Seriously, you could ponder Cave Story for your whole life if you wanted to.

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Misery's father is basically a normal pancake making human that left Jenka for a younger, more attractive female just before the daughter was born. Because they mixed human blood with magic blood, the had this strange disease that made her a midget for a limited period of time. It's only a coincidence that she grew twice her size after Ballos was destroyed.

And apparently, some people don't see that this as a nonsensical joke, and should be treated like one and ignored.

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Misery's father is basically a normal waffle making Mimiga that left Jenka for a younger, more attractive female just before the daughter was born. Because they mixed Mimiga blood with magic blood, the had this strange disease that made her albino forever, as well as a midget for a limited period of time. It's only a coincidence that she grew twice her size after Ballos was destroyed.
Corrections in bold.

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Professional Whatever
You've been looking at my idea notes.
I support this theory, however.

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Misery's father is basically a normal pancake making human that left Jenka for a younger, more attractive female just before the daughter was born. Because they mixed human blood with magic blood, the had this strange disease that made her a midget for a limited period of time. It's only a coincidence that she grew twice her size after Ballos was destroyed.

And apparently, some people don't see that this as a nonsensical joke, and should be treated like one and ignored.
Well, joking aside, one thing you may be on to here is that Misery's father was likely a normal human, no magic whatsoever. That would explain why Misery's magic is so relatively weak, because her father likely diluted the bloodline starting with her. Of course this would mean that Misery's father died a long, long time ago. Her relatively weak magic compared to Jenka's and Ballos' may also be her reason for having the crown made.

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:02 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Well, joking aside, one thing you may be on to here is that Misery's father was likely a normal human, no magic whatsoever. That would explain why Misery's magic is so relatively weak, because her father likely diluted the bloodline starting with her. Of course this would mean that Misery's father died a long, long time ago. Her relatively weak magic compared to Jenka's and Ballos' may also be her reason for having the crown made.
This.

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Professional Whatever
Try to include some content in your post. Things like simply quoting a post to show you agree with what it says or posting nothing but an image with no text are not appreciated.
This.

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:31 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
What about Hermit Gunsmith? Saying 'human' is too vague and un-exciting, plus Hermit Gunsmith is very old and wise, but appears to possess no magic.​

Jan 25, 2012 at 3:19 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
1.) He's like 70, max. There's no way he could be the father at that age.
2.) He becomes wise when he sees how well-used your Polar Star was.
3.) Except the best magic of all: gun making.

Jan 25, 2012 at 4:41 AM
"Huzzah!"
At what point was it made clear Misery had 'weak magic'? Not to be a sourpuss, but I think you guys start layering iffy theories on top of each other.

I don't think Pixel is warped enough to hide insanely ambigious hints which prove Misery is a half mimiga/balrog's sister-slash-daughter/the lovechild of Chuck Norris and Hermoine Granger.

That said, don't stop. Batshit theories are what fuels this forum in the long stretches between mod releases.

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:17 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
He's right.If not for mods,this whole foum would have died a looooooong time ago....

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
My guess is that whoever he was, is dead.
Since they don't mention him in any way, maybe they are avoiding the subject of Misery's father being dead.
Maybe she doesn't know who her father even was.

Jan 25, 2012 at 11:10 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Also a good possabilaty. She might not WANT to mention her father,she never mentions jenka. So,it might be possable she thinks shes a orphin. Im just thinking out loud. :debug:

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Yet another thing Pixel has left out to make people think.
Seriously, you could ponder Cave Story for your whole life if you wanted to.

Just kidding, anyways, I believe in the game's universe, the humans don't need to have sex to have offspings. The differrence that occur is simply a stable but high scale genetic mutation. The females are those who are able to breed, and the males can't.

This is further proven by the fact that there are two mothers in this game and not a single father.
Ballos' loved ones? Bleh, he's insane, why are you listening to him?

As for the fact that Misery sucks badly at fighting, it may be just because of some mutation in her genes.

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Kanpachi, duh.

Wasn't it established sometime back that, whenever it's disputed, Kanpachi is the father?

Jan 30, 2012 at 5:11 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Kanpachi, duh.

Wasn't it established sometime back that, whenever it's disputed, Kanpachi is the father?

If that really is the case, Jenka, Misery, and Kanpachi should go on Maury or something and see who da father is