Why did Ballos ask you to kill him?

Jan 12, 2012 at 8:28 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
So when you enter the seal chamber you talk to Ballos. Right before the battle he asks you to kill then hesitates to say "Or i will kill you!" Then <NOD<END

Im thinking that he killed his loved ones wanted to die. yet that he could not die. Also shouldn't hell be on the surface? but anyways once you beat his frist form he is holding his head in pain. then with a mad face jumps up. I think he is going though the same magic that killed his kingdom. then after his 2nd form eyes come out. Repersenting his loved ones. After the 3rd form spikes appear showing the torture.
then in Ballos' eyes month there faces showing the ones he killed and blood. The Brutes are the ones he killed.

Jan 12, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
p146328-0-itstimetostopposting.jpg

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
EDIT: Please note that I did not see Captain Fabulous' post until AFTER I posted this post. And that's pretty funny by the way.

DualHack said:
So when you enter the seal chamber you talk to Ballos. Right before the battle he asks you to kill then hesitates to say "Or i will kill you!" Then <NOD<END
Im thinking that he killed his loved ones wanted to die. yet that he could not die.
Forgive me, but I didn't entirely understand that. Did you mean that he wanted to die because he felt guilty that he had caused all of those deaths, and knew it was best for his magic to be subdued? That's my theory.
DualHack said:
Also shouldn't hell be on the surface?
Well you see, the place you travel isn't REALLY hell. Hell is just a metaphor to describe the Sacred Grounds..
DualHack said:
but anyways once you beat his frist form he is holding his head in pain. then with a mad face jumps up. I think he is going though the same magic that killed his kingdom.
I never really thought of it that way. I always thought of the magic that destroyed it as a "fiery rage," In the AGTP translation, he says, "Their cries of agony soared above the flames." In the new translation we get: "So furious and unstoppable was this force......that its fire consumed the child who adored me, and the wife who loved me... They were swallowed by its flames and suffered dearly." So it's probably quite different.
DualHack said:
then after his 2nd form eyes come out. Repersenting his loved ones. After the 3rd form spikes appear showing the torture.
then in Ballos' eyes month there faces showing the ones he killed and blood.
Now I do partially agree that the faces in Ballos' fourth form represented the lives taken by him. But I don't think that the spikes that pop up were really used in the destruction of the old kingdom.
DualHack said:
The Brutes are the ones he killed.
Lots of your English throughout this post of yours has been incoherent, so I'm not going to try to interperet that...