The flowers in Arthur's house.

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:53 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I noticed the red flowers in Arthur's house and I think I might see a connection between them and Arthur being a great warrior, judging by the equipment there he propably had some way to extract only the strengthening chemicals from the flowers, then with proper dosage he could improve his preformance in battle while still remaining seemingly normal, what is your opinion on this theory of mine?

Dec 8, 2011 at 10:01 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It sounds a bit far-fetched, but I always did wonder what they were doing there. Seems like a bit of an odd place to leave just a random calling card.

Dec 8, 2011 at 10:08 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I was curious, I was tasked to destroy the red flowers yet there are several of them laying in the basement or whatever it is, I thought that perhaps Arthur used them as a preformance enhancer of sorts.

Dec 8, 2011 at 11:34 AM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Also, don't forget the flower petals littering the floor in that laboratory in the Egg Corridor. Sorry, too tired to edit my poor grammar.

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:25 PM
Been here way too long...
I was under the impression that Igor had nommed them.

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:25 PM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
And the one building in grasstown. That one still had the mimiga inside, I wonder how long he'd been there.

The egg corridor one might be from Igor.

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:56 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I thought that some Mimigas ate those flowers in Arthur's house, voluntarily, in order to fight back the robots.

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:44 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I always thought the petals hinted that he had used them as a last ditch performance enhancer, which may have been a part of his passing.

Dec 9, 2011 at 12:57 AM
"Huzzah!"
I always wondered... Arthur died fighting a 'mimiga eating monster'. He had red flowers hidden in his house. On his computer is the message 'if I have to though, I really will.' (Could be unrelated)

It seems likely Arthur ate the red flowers to get the strength to protect the village.

Dec 9, 2011 at 1:13 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Ambient_Malice said:
On his computer is the message 'if I have to though, I really will.' (Could be unrelated)

That was continued from the final "From somewhere, a transmission..." cut scene. Arthur's House is where Sue was talking to Kazuma from.

Dec 9, 2011 at 1:20 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Ambient_Malice said:
I always wondered... Arthur died fighting a 'mimiga eating monster'.

No, he died from the Doctor
The mimiga-eating monster was just one of his heroic acts

Dec 9, 2011 at 5:02 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
@OP - Do Mimigas possess the knowledge to do something like that?

I think another important question to ask about Arthur's house...

The computer and teleporter. Sue just washed up in town, and it doesn't seem like any of the humans from Cave Story were setup there.

In fact, I don't know if any of the computers or teleporters are from Cave Story's humans. Kazuma accidently finds that PC when he is stranded... Sue runs into that PC when she washes up in Mimiga Village...

Anyway, did Toroko or Arthur have computer knowledge (Mimigas had technology or was it just all brought by the humans?)? Was Arthur's house once a base of operations for some humans, maybe scientists from a while back?

The flowers might also be from that time... maybe they were being tested by humans, or looking for a cure or something... [or yes, perhaps they were trying to find a way to use them safely?]

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:07 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
X-Calibar said:

We do not know because pretty much the only mimigas we know much about are in the village and the plantation.

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:39 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Tpcool said:
That was continued from the final "From somewhere, a transmission..." cut scene. Arthur's House is where Sue was talking to Kazuma from.
The sentence isn't that big enough to fill the whole screen. Probably Pixel is hinting us by making Quote only read the end part.
But this is out of the realm of canon, so this is just only my opinion.
There are some evidence the mimigas have technologies. That is the tele porters, Santa's Fireball, Igor's rocket launcher and, although maybe unrelated, Mr.Tiny's Nemesis.

I don't think Arthur used the flowers against the Red Demon, mimiga swords are deadly enough, and King proved that by one hit KO'ing Balrog (and the Doctor might probably die smiling in the air if Misery hasn't saved his cocky butt)
Maybe all mimiga have red flowers hidden in their house as an emergency. Arthur probably tried to pull the flowers out, and got HUZZAH'd along with it.

Unrelated crap about Igor's flowers below
Igor probably eaten them when the Doctor tried to use the sky dragons to invade Earth.
The enraged mimigas seems to obey the master they chosen before they transformed (note how the Doctor convinced them he's helping them)
Igor's master is 'Professor' Arthur

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:05 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Darcain said:
I noticed the red flowers in Arthur's house and I think I might see a connection between them and Arthur being a great warrior
So you're accusing him of propagating organic steroids in his basement? xD

Actually it kinda reminds me of how I never drink the last can (or two) of beer. If some screwed up country started dropping nukes or invading and killing everyone, at least I can enjoy a last drink. Now lets say I was holed up inside my house, underground; in a flying island; prone to killer robot attacks, witch attacks, crazy doctor attacks, mimiga-eating demon attacks, giant soap bars breaking & entering through the doors and ceiling... The basement would be my last place of refuge, and if they manage to chase me down there, well, i'm as good as dead - so at that point i'd omnomnom and then give them hell.

I'd say the flowers were put there /after/ the robot attack - and if I had a little sister (which I do) I could totally picture myself saying "hide in the basement. If they find you, then eat the flowers."

X-Calibar said:
Well they have the technology, although not entirely sure as to how they managed to acquire it (evidently they can build sprinklers; or perhaps the hermit can build things other than weapons.) Sounded like their sprinklers ran on batteries, wonder how they recharge those; being underground I doubt they get a great deal of wind or sunlight. Would they rely on hydraulics to recharge/power said equipment, or is there some naturally occuring electromagnetic transfer in the mineral composition of the island?

Anyway, this is like the fourth (or more) person to obtain that crown? Chances are they didn't acquire the knowledge themselves, rather they were introduced to it all at some stage, and then unveiled most of the functionality along the way.

(It's not all that different from humans; hand me the components and I can build, set up, run, and then manage complex tasks with a computer. You hand me the raw materials and ask me to manufacture each component individually "build me a processor!" ... Then i'd be absolutely clueless.

They probably just figured out how to press buttons. I sure as hell did.

Edit:
Kwote said:
There are some evidence the mimigas have technologies. That is the tele porters, Santa's Fireball, Igor's rocket launcher and, although maybe unrelated, Mr.Tiny's Nemesis.
The fireball doesn't appear to be all that technologically advanced imo, hermit probably made the rocket launcher, mimigas most likely made the sword and fireball on their own. That's just a matter of personal opinion.

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:03 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
But wasn't the robots sent in after years ago? I mean, Doc Booster said himself that Quote and Curly (though she's not present ATM) came in from a party from six years ago, during Miakid's reign as we're left to wonder. Even if the flowers were under Ballos's magical frenesi toxin, I doubt that would keep the petals in Arthur's house without wilting after that much time O_o

Then again, they're never explained in-game properly. Jenka said all the red flowers were sealed in the Sand Cave. Still there they are way before we hear from her, in Arthur's House and also in that stray cabin in Grasstown. I call forgotten plot-line, Pixel probably had a bigger role for those but either forgot or ditched whatever they were related to |P Or left them behind as a hint to how terrifying those flowers can be, without too much attachment to the main plot.

Also, Arthur didn't died exactly by the Doctor's hands, but from "a red devil at his command". Best guess we have about it is the Red Giant from the Final Cave (Secret). Seeing how he's just a glorified grunt and that it somehow nets a medal, I'm guessing it's supposed to represent we just bested the mimiga's former champion by defeating this miniboss and got the medal to prove it.

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:29 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Billy MT said:
Also, Arthur didn't died exactly by the Doctor's hands, but from "a red devil at his command". Best guess we have about it is the Red Giant from the Final Cave (Secret). Seeing how he's just a glorified grunt and that it somehow nets a medal, I'm guessing it's supposed to represent we just bested the mimiga's former champion by defeating this miniboss and got the medal to prove it.
Toroko said:
The doctor's a mean guy. He comes to the village and kidnaps us, sometimes even killing us. Like my brother. He killed my brother.
Not positive about the dialogue, but yeah. And Arthur defeated the Red Demon, not the other way around. Don't be silly.

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:10 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I always took it more like the red demon got repelled by Arthur, but the mimiga brave died in the process. Still was under the Doc's orders, I think that's what Toroko meant. Same with Misery and Balrog, they were doing the dirt work but the blame was properly put on their chain-yanker, the Doc.

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:15 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Where do you get the idea that the red demon was under the doctor's control
Jack says it's a thing that eats Mimigas and Arthur fought it, nobody ever mentions the doctor and the red demon in the same breath.

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:21 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Noxid said:
Where do you get the idea that the red demon was under the doctor's control
Jack says it's a thing that eats Mimigas and Arthur fought it, nobody ever mentions the doctor and the red demon in the same breath.

I think the Demon Crown control whatever is red in the island.