"..."
um
Doesn't he already have like 10 eyes?

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:26 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
No, he means the red eye of Ballos, as in, the Demon Crown gets it's power from Ballos' eye. By the way, you are wrong.
p142627-0-ballos.gif

See how there are pupils in BOTH eyes, not just the white one?
This is official artwork by Pixel, and therefore is canon.
[/THREAD]

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:26 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
CommanderJersey said:
um
Doesn't he already have like 10 eyes?
Dammit, ninja'd.
He's talking about the red spot on Ballos's face where the eye should be. And I don't believe that is his eye, because the Demon Crown was created after Ballos was. Then again, there is no proof that says his eye didn't get ripped out somehow and was put into the Demon Crown...

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:31 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Tpcool said:
Dammit, ninja'd.
He's talking about the red spot on Ballos's face where the eye should be. And I don't believe that is his eye, because the Demon Crown was created after Ballos was. Then again, there is no proof that says his eye didn't get ripped out somehow and was put into the Demon Crown...

Look at my post. The OFFICIAL, CANON ARTWORK? Yeah, that. So again. Discussion over. This thread is pointless. Let it die peacefully. [/THREAD]

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:37 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Dunc2403 said:
Look at my post. The OFFICIAL, CANON ARTWORK? Yeah, that. So again. Discussion over. This thread is pointless. Let it die peacefully. [/THREAD]

Sorry, but you cannot decide when a thread is over. Only mods and the creator can. And this thread is not pointless (unless it has been made before, but I am not aware if it is or not), this topic has much potential.

Alright, so he actually has 2 eyes, maybe the Demon Crown sucks the life out of his red eye, or something like that?

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:45 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Tpcool said:
Sorry, but you cannot decide when a thread is over. Only mods and the creator can. And this thread is not pointless (unless it has been made before, but I am not aware if it is or not), this topic has much potential.

Alright, so he actually has 2 eyes, maybe the Demon Crown sucks the life out of his red eye, or something like that?

Fair enough. I was saying that it wasn't even a discussion, it was him stating something. He didn't ask for opinions on what he said, he just said it. Let us turn it into a discussion.

Actually, I think the eye on the demon crown is merely decorative, as it's creator is often associated with eyes. For example, as you go through Hell, there are many eye blocks. On Ballos' throne there are many eyes.
Even on the crown-bearer's throne there is an eye. All this leads me to believe that in Ballos' old kingdom, everyone had a symbol. Ballos' was, of course, an eye.

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:19 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Tpcool said:

Actually, yeah, this makes sense.
In retrospect, this seems like a pretty obvious step to take theory-wise.
Good work.

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:13 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
@topic title

"...where the LAZER shoots out"

Nov 30, 2011 at 1:05 PM
There was a theory in this thread that the eye door was ballos's missing eye, but other than that, this is a new thread, so do not fret.

And yeah, ballos seems to have eyes in excess, so I'm not really sure about the concept of him 'missing' an eye. Maybe he just puts 'em to good use wherever he can.

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:17 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Dunc2403 said:
No, he means the red eye of Ballos, as in, the Demon Crown gets it's power from Ballos' eye. By the way, you are wrong.
p142627-0-ballos.gif

See how there are pupils in BOTH eyes, not just the white one?
This is official artwork by Pixel, and therefore is canon.
[/THREAD]
Although I agree...

It could have just grown back. We know just how powerful that red magic is from how the Doctor was able to come back to life with only the red crystal/Crown. I assume Ballos himself would have even more potent abilities, and the power of regeneration.

Perhaps no matter how many times he dies he just comes back to life. He needed someone like Quote to go the extra mile. Plus it would have been disturbing/anticlimatic to just sit there screaming, "SHOOT ME! SHOOT ME!"

X-Calibar said:
As for Ballos' different color eyes, I always thought one was sane, one was mad.
Or someone once mentioned something about an all-seeing-eye, like Odin. Something about he could see through the eyes of many of his followers or something... In this case, all the many red-eyes found in the game; Press, Demon-Crown, Possessed Door, etc
Or there was a theory that one of Ballos' eye was used for the Demon Crown. But, I disagree; since I dunno if Misery could pull that off... (literally and figuratively) And I don't think it really looks like Ballos is missing an eye, from pictures.

Epsilon said:
I recall someone posting something like this before, stating that Ballos' missing eye gave him a kind of "second sight"; the ability to see what was going on throughout the island through red-eyed creatures. It would make sense, considering just how many there are (Frenzied Mimiga, Press, Pooh Black, Deleet, Rolling, IronHead, Omega, among others). Presuming this is true, this aspect of Ballos' backstory is similar to that of Odin in Norse mythology, who gave up his eye for, "the wisdom of the ages"--he became all-seeing and all-knowing.

And here are other related threads from the Quicklist :
Thoughts on the Demon Crown (the eye)
Ballos' eyes

There are far more theories on this already, but unfortunately... they are spread randomly through various threads. The quicklist only sorts the threads, not the contents within :/

Dec 5, 2011 at 12:52 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
[quote name='Ballos's Master']
p141705-0-cavestoryballosfinal.gif

[/QUOTE]

Now I see the missing eye.

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Banned
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I think that, instead of the eight eyes shown in the pic above (no idea how my 3DS can only see certain pictures but not others) there used to be nine, and one of them just replaced Ballos's eye when Misery took it. Thus, the Demon Crown would use the small bit of power in the eye to preform magic smaller then Ballos could do.