why is toroko a hero?

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:05 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
so i was wondering why toroko is one of the hero statues in the end of the game, she's pretty much another mimiga that gets enraged and sadly gets killed by quote.
Why wouldn't the hero be sue or kazuma or booster?
sorry if this has been answered already.

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:08 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Maybe because she sacrificed herself to save Sue?

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:09 AM
inside is yello
"..."
History learns to respect the dead.

I agree with you, but also, she was a pretty integral protagonist character, as with every other character in the Statue Chamber. (Sue only whines, she doesn't deserve it.

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:11 AM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I don't know, maybe the statue was a memorial for a Mimiga that was close to Quote. Maybe it was because she sacrificed herself to save Sue's life.
All I know is I'm getting a bitter taste in my mouth every time I see a thread like this. It's not personal, but this is about the third thread like this we've had recently.

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:15 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
She was a martyr.
She didn't sacrifice herself for Sue, not at all, she was innocent and was killed, and that causes anger and whatnot.

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:24 AM
Member Title
cultr1 said:
She was a martyr.
She didn't sacrifice herself for Sue, not at all, she was innocent and was killed, and that causes anger and whatnot.

Oh yeah, my knowledge of the game story-line is a little foggy (which it really shouldn't be, since I've played through the game so many times).

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:30 AM
Been here way too long...
She was in the statue hall because she's an important character and the first casualty of the Doctor's scheme.

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:31 AM
Member Title
Captain Fabulous said:
She was in the statue hall because she's an important character and the first casualty of the Doctor's scheme.

What about Arthur, and some other nameless Mimigas?

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:49 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Cave Story said:
What about Arthur, and some other nameless Mimigas?
I think the hall of statues depicts the characters that had a major influence on Quote rather than a hall of heroes. Besides, the only notable influence Arthur made (seen in the game) was on Jack. He has an entire monologue based on his heroism and death.

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:54 AM
Member Title
ShinyElectricBlueTiger said:
Besides, the only notable influence Arthur made (seen in the game) was on Jack. He has an entire monologue based on his heroism and death.

Didn't he also defeat the Red Demon?

On topic: I was responding to Fab's claim that Toroko was the first victim of The Doctor's scheme. Arthur was slain by the doctor, along with some other nameless Mimiga.

Sep 11, 2011 at 3:11 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
well then, toroko is an important person for taking care of the house with your main teleporter. without that you cannot go to egg corridor to save sue, or grass town to save kazuma.
So toroko is an extremely important character!

Sep 11, 2011 at 3:19 AM
Toroko is by far my least favorite character.
She has macguffin written all over her (as does zuma, but at least he has skills?)

Sep 11, 2011 at 8:59 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
cultr1 said:
She was a martyr.

I agree with this.

Also, Toroko has a statue because she:

A. Did not want Sue to be sacrificed to the Doctor, even though King and Jack were perfectly willing to give Sue as ransom.
B. Made friends with a human-turned-mimiga (again, Sue)
C. Acted friendly toward the main character, who even got to keep the fish pendant, which possibly represents a peaceful future without turmoil on the Island.

And yeah. Toroko was the mediator, while almost everyone else was willing to fight.

Sep 12, 2011 at 11:45 AM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
^Carrotlord said my opinion, so I do not need to type :( Really, she is not a hero, more like a victim.

Sep 13, 2011 at 10:40 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
From what i can gather Toroko was more of an Innocent Child.. To lose a adult is bad but for the doctor to do what he did to a child then its much worse.. Thats maybe why she got a statue. As a sign of remembrance.

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:40 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Toroko is a hero since she never gave up Sue, a stranger.

If Toroko would have been given up Sue... Balrog and Misery would be taking Sue in the first scene.

Without Sue, Kazuma and Booster would never be rescued; (and be doomed to eat cockroaches...)

Quote would probably never meet Curly or Jenka...

And chances are Quote would stick with Jack, Toroko and King as their personal bodyguard, ensuring they probably survive. But, the rest of the Mimiga and Human population will probably end up enslaved by The Doctor!

I mean sure there's a chance things would have worked out without meeting Sue... But, I wouldn't hold my breath! King, Jack and Toroko knew nothing about the Red Flower.
So, at the most they would have tried to save the other Mimigas. At the least they would have just found a place to hide and live out their days...
At worst they would end up captured, and Quote would work for The Doctor or end up as critters and bits!

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:42 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Toroko gave her life in the place of sue's.yes it was an accident and was the fault of balrog and misery for getting the wrong mimigma this could of been stopped..accidents do happen and in life you have to move forward.

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:24 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
well, x calibar seems to have the best answer, but mainly toroko is the only mimiga to help sue. without her, sue would be given to the doctor, and you would never get anywhere with jack having no reason to move.
this is all i can think of.

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:00 PM
Being nice does not make you a hero.