Etheria

Jul 15, 2011 at 7:05 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Etheria

First demo of Etheria is now out! It's not very long yet, because of course, custom music, maps, and occasional sprites do take their time. It's an RPG that challenges people's sense of reality. ;)
Please, please, please, if you play it, let me know of any bugs/glitches/etc. I only have so much time to test it myself, especially when there are multiple optional items that change future maps and events (so far there's only one though, I think).

Things to note: Sue's facial expressions are placeholders for the main character's as of now. Hopefully, those will be done soon. S:

Also, if anyone's interested in making some graphics, PM me. I am a terrible artist in the visual sense. D:

Etheria v0.1.8.1:
Etheria

Screenshots:
diph.php

diph.php

diph.php

Jul 15, 2011 at 3:30 PM
LSD
"..."
Re: Orange's Mod (Will get title later)

Can you give me some information on this Mod?
I've learned to trust NOTHING on the internet.

Jul 15, 2011 at 3:36 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"

I will play this asap. Sounds cool ;)

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:35 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

Pigaro said:
Can you give me some information on this Mod?
I've learned to trust NOTHING on the internet.

What more info besides my description above? Screencaps? I'll get some of those shortly.

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:39 PM
LSD
"..."

Ok. That wouls be nice.
What's the story?
What kind of mod is it?

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:46 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"

pigaro you do realize that he could ultimately just make up some bullshit if he really wanted to fuck up your computer

not everyone on the internet is some hacker that wants to rape your computer, and you're certainly not going to find anything sketchy here of all places

besides, you preview the file if you are using a half decent file unzipper

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:49 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

Pigaro said:
Ok. That wouls be nice.
What's the story?
What kind of mod is it?

I mentioned that above. o:

There's no real story. This mod is made specifically for the challenging gameplay.
It's gonn' test yo limits, boy (once I make more than just the first trial).

EDIT: Screencaps!

diph.php

diph.php

diph.php

diph.php

diph.php

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:53 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"

on a side note I will play this as soon as I get a new converter for my power cord because apparently the power input to output ratio of volts is to fucked up for my current one and I can't charge my computer

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:59 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

sexplosive said:
on a side note I will play this as soon as I get a new converter for my power cord because apparently the power input to output ratio of volts is to fucked up for my current one and I can't charge my computer

Aight, man. I'm patient. :D

Jul 15, 2011 at 11:49 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

Double Post!

The second trial is underway! :D I'm a wee bit excited about this one.

diph.php

diph.php

(I'm still working on making sure the second one is possible without a booster or machine gun.)
o:

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:18 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Where is the background? D:

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:31 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

cultr1 said:
Where is the background? D:

I dunno, man. I've set the background for each area, but it's only shown up on the first area. Can anybody riddle me that? o:

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:40 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

Noxid said:

Oh, haha. Thanks, I'm surprised I've overlooked that.

EDIT: Alright, backgrounds are fixed. I'm too lazy to redo the screencaps just for the background, so you guys get to find out. :D

EDIT2: Installment two done! Five more levels, and they may or may not rock your house. o:

Jul 16, 2011 at 3:43 PM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"

Hey you and I had the same idea with the chests! I was setting up the same thing in the mod I'm working on, you get your choice between 3 weapons, but the other two disappear. I might play this, but sadly I'm not a big fan of boss rushes. :D

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:35 PM
"Huzzah!"
part 2 is just more annoying than hard.
even if you understand how to easily pass the first area with the monsters,
the spike area is a no-brainer. you need to try it many times until you get it.
and since you did not add major skipflags to dialog, and made parts before too hard to try again, its not really fun to play until you make it.
larger maps, and things you can choose either to rush through or not - unlike bute generators and such, will do your mod justice. i like the theme of it... but you should really refine it. not to make it easier - but to redesign it to get the same difficulty.
also, with the chests - you dont actually know whats in the chests.
so you should do a YNJ before actually opening the chests that tells you whats inside.
and - that death trap appearing behind you kills you because H/V triggers are triggered before the character is actually on their tile. do a <WAI0050 before the <CNP, or just do <CMP instead.

Jul 17, 2011 at 2:51 PM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"

For the chests, just place a sign and have the chests appear after you have read it. The sign will tell you what is in each chest. At least that's how I did it, you may have a better idea :D

Jul 18, 2011 at 12:13 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Voyce said:
part 2 is just more annoying than hard.
even if you understand how to easily pass the first area with the monsters,
the spike area is a no-brainer. you need to try it many times until you get it.
and since you did not add major skipflags to dialog, and made parts before too hard to try again, its not really fun to play until you make it.
larger maps, and things you can choose either to rush through or not - unlike bute generators and such, will do your mod justice. i like the theme of it... but you should really refine it. not to make it easier - but to redesign it to get the same difficulty.
also, with the chests - you dont actually know whats in the chests.
so you should do a YNJ before actually opening the chests that tells you whats inside.
and - that death trap appearing behind you kills you because H/V triggers are triggered before the character is actually on their tile. do a <WAI0050 before the <CNP, or just do <CMP instead.

Well, I actually wanted to make it so the item you get each round was more or less a surprise. That's why I had the save point drop after you opened the chest. But the rest of that has been noted. I was definitely worried about Trial 2-B and 2-C, because I had to test it so much that I just kind of got in the groove of it. The skipflags are certainly a good idea, I'll probably put those in really soon. As for the deathtrap, I kind of like it. D: I feel like Trial 2-A isn't all that challenging, so I made it to force you to run out there at the beginning.
Thank you very much for your feedback. :D

bobbyis said:
For the chests, just place a sign and have the chests appear after you have read it. The sign will tell you what is in each chest. At least that's how I did it, you may have a better idea :mrgreen:

The same thing I said to Voyce, but if more people decide it's more fun to know which item you're getting, then I guess I'll change it. o: S'all about pleasin' the players, right?

EDIT:
I'm halting this project in favour of sunshine and rainbows!

diph.php

Jul 23, 2011 at 6:48 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

My more important mod is now out. The OP of this thread has been edited to showcase, Etheria. Gauntlet is still available via my signature, but it will be taking a backseat to the newer mod. This one is certainly more for the story line and less for the difficulty. Enjoy!

Jul 23, 2011 at 7:14 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."

I tried your new mod out. So far it is amazing :muscledoc: I love everything (especially the music). I haven't finished yet, but I did notice you can completly skip the first boss battle.