Why did King hesitate?

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:04 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
When almost every Mimiga was kidnapped, some were even killed by the Doctor (e.g. Toroko`s brother), King didn`t do anything for a long time. He had the sword and the bubbler... Sue was already trying to make a difference when he was still busy yelling at Toroko or worse trying to make a not really ethical deal with the Doctor (Giving Sue in change for Toroko).

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:13 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
He's the only real leader type person the village has left, so it would be a shame to loose him.

Also where the hell would he find the Doctor, anyway? They don't find out about the stuff in Sand Zone until you rescue Kazuma etc

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:22 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
sexplosive said:
He's the only real leader type person the village has left, so it would be a shame to loose him.

That doesn't give him the excuse not to fight :)

sexplosive said:
Also where the hell would he find the Doctor, anyway? They don't find out about the stuff in Sand Zone until you rescue Kazuma etc

Yeah, basically this.

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:43 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
trickybilly said:
He had the sword and the bubbler...

The bubbler was in the fireplace. It's not like he could've just reached into it and grabbed it.

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:26 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Tpcool said:
sexplosive said:
That doesn't give him the excuse not to fight :)
QFT especially because he's the only guy with a weapon.

Tpcool said:
sexplosive said:
Yeah, basically this.
And he could not have simply gone to the Sand Zone himself and found it out? God forbid he goes to Grasstown and checks on Chaco and Santa once in a while.

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:42 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Malpercio said:
And he could not have simply gone to the Sand Zone himself and found it out? God forbid he goes to Grasstown and checks on Chaco and Santa once in a while.

But they moved to grasstown to evade taxes and prostitution bylaws so they don't exist as far as the law is concerned.

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:45 AM
Pirate Member
And you don't think King never wanted some? i mean we see all of two female mimiga not obviously underage throughout the game, one King is supposed to protect and the other is a whore.

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:52 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Maybe he didnt' know they were there

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:54 AM
Pirate Member
or maybe he went all Isolationist at some point and just decided to fight back only when the minions (that he could kill) came and forbade anyone from leaving the village, and, like a good leader, followed his own rules

Apr 28, 2011 at 5:53 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I think he was either pacifist or afraid or both. Btw. I always thought he did hide the Bubbler in the fireplace. Also I always imagined how he had some "oath not to kill anyone anymore" or something like that...

May 17, 2011 at 10:06 PM
/end
This thread gives me the question of why did someone put a water weapon behind a fireplace that could only be put out of jellyfish jelly?

May 22, 2011 at 10:02 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
MetaSeraphim said:
This thread gives me the question of why did someone put a water weapon behind a fireplace that could only be put out of jellyfish jelly?

Probably Jack's secret stash. Or perhaps how they get safe drinking water...

Now all the people are thirsty thanks to Quote...

When almost every Mimiga was kidnapped, some were even killed by the Doctor (e.g. Toroko`s brother), King didn`t do anything for a long time. He had the sword and the bubbler... Sue was already trying to make a difference when he was still busy yelling at Toroko or worse trying to make a not really ethical deal with the Doctor (Giving Sue in change for Toroko).
Why did King hesitate?

Perhaps after losing his best friend Arthur, he promised to protect Toroko no matter what.

Arthur the best fighter didn't stand a chance, and maybe King is much less of a fighter than he was. So he became twisted :
Give them Sue! If we give them what they want, maybe they will leave us alone! We haven't been able to stop them from doing what they want; and they've killed those who have resisted...

So, at this point what can King do? If... he can give them something that they want, maybe they will just leave them alone. It's the only choice.

As for Sue, she made it clear that she didn't care about this stinking island! She just wanted to find a way to escape with her family. Only Toroko had been able to connect with her...
(Maybe turning into a Mimiga is really hard to deal with. I mean changing into another creature IS probably hard to deal with! Itoh could only hide, and didn't dare to even talk to anyone.)

Her opinion changed though when she heard Toroko was taken. Also she probably talked at length to King. Maybe hearing about how much he cares for Toroko, convinced her tell King what the Doctor was planning; and finding out how little they know about it; at this point maybe she finally opened up.

When Toroko was taken however, he was cornered. He didn't know how to find the Doctor, or save the others. And soon as he had a chance to go after the Doctor; he decided to take it.

Hmm...
What DID King want with Sue btw... Before Toroko was kidnapped...
I suppose he wanted to trade her for safety... But, that's not entirely certain.