skin thick disguise

Apr 18, 2011 at 11:57 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
hey so tpcool just bought up something in the other thread about ma pignon that made me think about something

I mean what if quote and curly are actually humans who were posing as robots for some reason or another? There is a lot of evidence that supports this, and the two major holes in this theory could be explained:
- life capsules are actually just some sort of energy increasing drink, not a batter pack or whatever. It's never left clear how exactly he injects the energy into himself anyway
and it's probably better not to think about it too much anyway ._.
- "draining" a robot would be much like giving CPR to a person, and the air tank is just something you strap to your back, much like the booster would be.

I don't necessarily support this theory, but I mean come on it's possible

Apr 19, 2011 at 12:30 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
sexplosive said:
I mean what if quote and curly are actually humans who were posing as robots for some reason or another? There is a lot of evidence that supports this, and the two major holes in this theory could be explained:

Humans? Probably not. It already seemed perfectly clear that they were robots from the game itself. I still do think they may not be complete robots, like they have some human traits and abilities.

sexplosive said:
- life capsules are actually just some sort of energy increasing drink, not a batter pack or whatever. It's never left clear how exactly he injects the energy into himself anyway
Sounds believable enough (especially if they were humans!). Although battery pack still sounds like a great possibility.

sexplosive said:
- "draining" a robot would be much like giving CPR to a person, and the air tank is just something you strap to your back, much like the booster would be.

It makes a lot of sense!, especially considering how he "learns" how to drain it out of Curly, not something a robot would normally be able to do.

sexplosive said:
- I don't necessarily support this theory, but I mean come on it's possible
More possible than some other theories o.o

Apr 19, 2011 at 6:10 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
So what was Quote doing for ten years? Certainly not living.

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:01 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Alternative theory: What if they're cyborgs?

Then they could have all the things that make them human and all the things that make them robots with ease with this theory. The best of both worlds.

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:06 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
The "draining" argument is a bit tenuous. After all, Quote learned how to drain a robot using that manual found in the little rest shed, which explicitly states "robots from the surface don't do all that hot in water, here's how to drain them." The process worked just dandy on Curly, so my guess is she's robot, and by extension Quote is likely so too.

Now, them being organic/mechanical hybrid robots might be plausible, namely because of ma pignon. For Curly, I'm sure most of us here have thought of it before: "How the hell does a mushroom restore the functionality of circuitry?"

:awesomeface:: "Shhh... we don't talk about that...."

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:11 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Maybe Ma Pignon contains a dangerously reactive chemical that causes Curly to completely reboot, and she regains access to the memories due to that.

That's the only way I could explain it if she were a robot. Even if she's human, you have to wonder "How does eating a mushroom restore your memories?".

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:29 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Captain Fabulous said:
So what was Quote doing for ten years? Certainly not living.
he went into a coma
diph.php

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:30 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
sexplosive said:
he went into a coma
diph.php

You wouldn't last 10 years if you were in a Coma in a cave. You wouldn't last more than 3 days (you would need a regular supply of water and food, something you can't get for yourself if you're in a coma).

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:10 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Even if she's human, you have to wonder "How does eating a mushroom restore your memories?".

...is it sad this hasn't occurred to me before? Maybe it's filled with antioxidants. Or something. I AM CRIPPLE AND CAN'T BIOLOGY

But really. Ma pignon would either need to be filled with some sort of chemical which stimulates brain activity (which wouldn't work with machines), or is just magical. Pretty weak writeoff by calling it magic, but I guess it's not worth sweating the small details when there's a psychopathic doctor to revolve a story around.

Apr 19, 2011 at 6:21 PM
Been here way too long...
If you can completely heal a robot by giving her a pill, then one memory-restoring mushroom isn't much of a stretch.
Or maybe Ma Pignon is actually controlling Curly from the inside.

Apr 27, 2011 at 1:00 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
or maybe it's some kind of conductive chemical that gives the Ma Pignon it's abilities. The human brain uses (what is essentially) electricity to transmit information, so do computers. Therefore, it would work on both humans and robots.

The Cure-All is a farther stretch, and could work if Quote and Curly's robotics were programmed to synthize materials to repair from other materials, they were cyborgs, or they were humans

Apr 27, 2011 at 3:42 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Maybe the Cure-All is just a collection of repairing nano-machines. I mean, there's a crap-ton of other robots down in the Labyrinth, I suppose it's not much to think that a pill could be filled with nano-machines.

Apr 27, 2011 at 4:47 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I suppose that makes sense right up until you remember that the other robots were put down there by Misery.

Apr 28, 2011 at 4:08 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Malpercio said:
I suppose that makes sense right up until you remember that the other robots were put down there by Misery.

That's very true, but I do think that nano-machines could work in organics like Gaudi just as well as machines. I'm not so sure about the cyborg theory for Quote and Curly is so good in my opinion because you explode when you die in the game. Something like that.