Cave Story Gaiden.

Mar 27, 2011 at 12:46 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Since these seem popular I wanted to share the one I wrote 10 years ago. As the title implies it's just a standalone story, but if enough people like it maybe I will do a couple more.

This takes place 1 million years after they fly off the island just so you know.

Cave Story Gaiden: Chapter One.

It all started when our adventure-loving...adventurer, Quote, woke up in a magical cornfield. It was the fifth time it had happened. Feeling alarmingly concerned, Quote attacked a banana, thinking it would make him feel better (but as usual, it did not). Before the all-seeing eyes of a perpetually displeased diety, he realized that his beloved panties was missing! Immediately he called his annoying neighbor, Curly. Quote had known Curly for (plus or minus) one million years, the majority of which were curious ones. Curly was unique. She was easygoing though sometimes a little... annoying. Quote called her anyway, for the situation was urgent.

Curly picked up to a very sad Quote. Curly calmly assured him that most 3-legged wallabies yawn before mating, yet long-haired sea monkeys usually sassily cringe *after* mating. She had no idea what that meant; she was only concerned with distracting Quote. Why was Curly trying to distract Quote? Because she had snuck out from Quote's with the panties only four days prior. It was a eccentric little panties... how could she resist?

It didn't take long before Quote got back to the subject at hand: his panties. Curly yawned. Relunctantly, Curly invited him over, assuring him they'd find the panties. Quote grabbed his rhinocerus and disembarked immediately. After hanging up the phone, Curly realized that she was in trouble. She had to find a place to hide the panties and she had to do it deftly. She figured that if Quote took the tricked out go kart, she had take at least five minutes before Quote would get there. But if he took the time machine? Then Curly would be very screwed.

Before she could come up with any reasonable ideas, Curly was interrupted by six pestering Mimigass that were lured by her panties. Curly cringed; 'Not again', she thought. Feeling angered, she randomly reached for her gerbil and thoughtfully punched every last one of them. Apparently this was an adequate deterrent--the discouraged critters began to scurry back toward the secret vineyard, squealing with discontent. She exhaled with relief. That's when she heard the time machine rolling up. It was Quote.

----o0o----

As he pulled up, he felt a sense of urgency. He had had to make an unscheduled stop at The Salvation Army to pick up a 12-pack of potatos, so he knew he was running late. With a inept leap, Quote was out of the time machine and went indiscriminately jaunting toward Curly's front door. Meanwhile inside, Curly was panicking. Not thinking, she tossed the panties into a box of dull pencils and then slid the box behind her time machine. Curly was displeased but at least the panties was concealed. The doorbell rang.

'Come in,' Curly sassily purred. With a careful push, Quote opened the door. 'Sorry for being late, but I was being chased by some pestering genocidal maniac in a wannabe go-fast Civic,' he lied. 'It's fine,' Curly assured him. Quote took a seat ridiculously unclose to where Curly had hidden the panties. Curly panicked trying unsuccessfully to hide her nervousness. 'Uhh, can I get you anything?' she blurted. But Quote was distracted. A few freaknasty minutes later, Curly noticed a clueless look on Quote's face. Quote slowly opened his mouth to speak.

'...What's that smell?'

Curly felt a stabbing pain in her shin when Quote asked this. In a moment of disbelief, she realized that she had hidden the panties right by her oscillating fan. 'Wh-what? I don't smell anything..!' A lie. A pestering look started to form on Quote's face. He turned to notice a box that seemed clearly out of place. 'Th-th-those are just my grandma's carrots from when she used to have pet 3-legged wallabies. She, uh...dropped 'em by here earlier'. Quote nodded with fake acknowledgement...then, before Curly could react, Quote thoughtfully lunged toward the box and opened it. The panties was plainly in view.

Quote stared at Curly for what what must've been eight microseconds. Happy as a frickin' monkey, Curly groped earnestly in Quote's direction, clearly desperate. Quote grabbed the panties and bolted for the door. It was locked. Curly let out a enchanting chuckle. 'If only you hadn't been so protective of that thing, none of this would have happened, Quote,' she rebuked. Curly always had been a little funny-smelling, so Quote knew that reconciliation was not an option; he needed to escape before Curly did something crazy, like... start chucking ninja stars at her or something. In a tragically predictable turn of events, he gripped his panties tightly and made a dash toward the window, diving headlong through the glass panels.

Curly looked on, blankly. 'What the hell? That seemed excessive. The other door was open, you know.' Silence from Quote. 'And to think, I varnished that window frame four days ago...it never ends!' Suddenly she felt a tinge of concern for Quote. 'Oh. You ..okay?' Still silence. Curly walked over to the window and looked down. Quote was gone.

----o0o----

Just yonder, Quote was struggling to make his way through the haunted thicket behind Curly's place. Quote had severely hurt his double chin during the window incident, and was starting to lose strength. Another pack of feral Mimigass suddenly appeared, having caught wind of the panties. One by one they latched on to Quote. Already weakened from his injury, Quote yielded to the furry onslaught and collapsed. The last thing he saw before losing consciousness was a buzzing horde of Mimigass running off with his panties.

But then God came down with His congenial smile and restored Quote's panties. Feeling angered, God smote the Mimigass for their injustice. Then He got in His time machine and bolted away with the fortitude of one million legless puppies running from a enlarged pack of South American hissing sloths. Quote jumped with joy when he saw this. His panties was safe. It was a good thing, too, because in six minutes his favorite TV show, Caev Sturei: Teers in the Rane, was going to come on (followed immediately by 'When man-eating capybaras meet unborn fetus'). Quote was overjoyed. And so, everyone except Curly and a few weapon of mass destruction-toting disease-carrying chipmunks lived blissfully happy, forever after.

Mar 27, 2011 at 7:19 PM
Been here way too long...
MetaSeraphim said:
Since these seem popular I wanted to share the one I wrote 10 years ago.
are-you-a-wizard.jpg

Mar 27, 2011 at 8:00 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Beautiful, just stunning.

I would like to see more of this, if it appeases the gods.

Mar 27, 2011 at 9:04 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
One of the few walls-of text I actually had patience to read through these forums. This story is...original...also nice writing skills :heartrefill:

Mar 27, 2011 at 11:31 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
With words like congenial and yonder this story can never fail.

Mar 28, 2011 at 1:08 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Cool story sis, but I'm a bit skeptical that the bit about "Caev Sturei: Teers in the Rane" was in the version you wrote 10 years ago :heartrefill:

Mar 28, 2011 at 3:09 AM
/end
Wedge of Cheese said:
Cool story sis, but I'm a bit skeptical that the bit about "Caev Sturei: Teers in the Rane" was in the version you wrote 10 years ago :rolleyes:

Well you see I come from the future where Caev Sturei: Teers in the Rane has become so popular that everyone on the planet loves it which has spawned 27 books, 50 games, 5 movies and a TV series that gets 10 billion viewed everyday. I came back to the past in the hopes that people would read my fan fiction since all fan fiction in the future is banned.

Anyway, some people complained that my ending was horrible so I made an alt ending.

Just yonder, Quote was struggling to make his way through the secret vineyard behind Curly's place. Quote had severely hurt his kidney during the window incident, and was starting to lose strength. Another pack of feral Mimigass suddenly appeared, having caught wind of the panties. One by one they latched on to Quote. Already weakened from his injury, Quote yielded to the furry onslaught and collapsed. The last thing he saw before losing consciousness was a buzzing horde of Mimigass running off with his panties.

About nine hours later, Quote awoke, his taint throbbing. It was dark and Quote did not know where he was. Deep in the broad lemur-infested moor, Quote was scarcely lost. Unaware of the bleakness of existence, he remembered that his panties was taken by the Mimigass. But at that point, he was just thankful for his life. That's when, to his horror, a little Mimigas emerged from the lemur-infested moor. It was the alpha Mimigas. Quote opened his mouth to scream but was cut short when the Mimigas sunk its teeth into Quote's double chin. With a faint groan, the life escaped from Quote's lungs, but not before he realized that he was a failure.

Less than seven miles away, Curly was entombed by anguish over the loss of the panties. 'MY PRECIOUS!!' she cried, as she reached for a sharpened live hand grenade. With a hasty thrust, she buried it deeply into her fingernail. As the room began to fade to black, she thought about Quote... wishing she had found the courage to tell him that she loved him. But she would die alone that day. All that remained was the panties that had turned them against each other, ultimately causing their demise. And as the dew on melancholy sappling branches began to reflect the dawn's reddish glare, all that could be heard was the chilling cry of distant Mimigass, desecrating all things sacred to virtuous men, and perpetuating an evil that would reign for centuries to come. Our heroes would've lived unhappily ever after, but they were too busy being dead. So, no one lived forever after, the end. :'(

Mar 28, 2011 at 3:29 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
I didn't think an improvement was possible, but you've proven me wrong.
Simply astounding.

Mar 28, 2011 at 11:58 AM
/end
Cave Story Gaiden: An Onslaught Occurrence

Quote paced up and down, jiggling his leg. His very good friend, Mary Sue Panties, had arranged to meet him here on an island. "I have something freaknasty to tell you," she had said.

Mary Sue Panties was late, which was very unlike her. Any moment now, Quote expected to see her bounce up, her yonder hair streaming behind her and her earnestly eyes aglow.

Quote heard footsteps, but they seemed rather congenial for a delicate and alarmingly girl like Mary Sue Panties, whose tread was rebuked. He turned around and found Curly staring at him.

"What are you doing here?" Curly said sassily. "I thought you said you didn't want to see me again."

Quote had said that, but now he was beginning to wish he hadn't acted so immediately. "Mary Sue Panties asked to meet me here." As he gazed at Curly, his robogina began to throb with adventure.

"Oh," Curly said, huskily. "I'll just go then."

"Wait," Quote said and caught Curly by her arm. "I was wrong. I still love you. Can you ever forgive me?"

"Yes," Curly said, smiling. They wrapped their arms around each other and kissed, like a rainbow that casts a happy glow o'er all the land.

From behind a hat, Mary Sue Panties watched with a relunctantly light in her iridescent eyes. She took a list out of her pocket, and checked off "Quote/Curly". Then, she skipped off to help an embittered man find love again, just as soon as she'd saved the Mimigas from extinction.

This takes place afterwards.

The Earnestly Terror Of The Snow

It snowed a foot overnight. When they woke up, Curly and Quote went out to play. First, they made snow angels. Then they had a snowball fight and Curly hit Quote in his robogina with a big freaknasty iceball. It hurt a lot, but Curly kissed it immediately and then it was all better.

Then they decided to make a snow man.

"We'll make a really onslaught snow man!" Curly said.

"Why don't we make a snow woman instead?" Quote said. "That would be more rebuked and politically correct."

"I know," Curly said. "We can make a snow Mimigas. That way, we don't have to worry about gender politics."

So they rolled the snow up perpetually and made a yonder snow Mimigas. Curly put on an egg for the leg. The Mimigas was almost as big as Quote.

"It looks congenial," Curly said sassily. "But it seems like it's missing something."

"Here," Quote said and held up a relunctantly hat. "I found this on an island." He put the hat onto the Mimigas's head.

It was perfect. For about a minute. Then the Mimigas, even though it was just made of snow, started to move and growl like a rainbow that casts a happy glow o'er all the land.

Quote screamed adventure and ran but the snow Mimigas chased him until he tripped over a tree root. Then the snow Mimigas kicked him huskily.

"Nobody does that to my little Iridescent Panties," Curly screamed. She grabbed an icicle and stabbed the snow Mimigas through the arm. It fell down and Curly kicked it apart until it was just a bunch of snow again.

"You saved me!" Quote said and they shared an embrace in the snow before going in for hot chocolate.

The hat lay in the yard until an alarmingly child picked it up and took it home.