Labyrinth Rock

Mar 20, 2011 at 1:25 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I noticed a strong resemblance between the rock in the Labyrinth and well, this....

p123304-0-800pxshimenawameigetsuin.jpg

diph.php

Is there any true significance with this connection? Wikipedia is rather nondescript about it.

Mar 20, 2011 at 1:40 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The section of the labyrinth after the boulder has Gaudi spirits in it (the puffball things) as well as the Core, which isn't really evil but you can understand why the Gaudi would be superstitious about it.

May 17, 2011 at 10:11 PM
/end
Are Gaudi smart enough to set up such a thing?

May 18, 2011 at 2:12 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
MetaSeraphim said:
Are Gaudi smart enough to set up such a thing?

They're smart enough to set up a shop underground. So one could assume that they have enough intelligence to set it up.

May 18, 2011 at 3:30 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I think of them more like the Prawn in District 9. The masses are stupid and largely incapable of making decisions by themselves, but a few are very smart and act as leaders to guide the rest.

May 18, 2011 at 8:20 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
The rock is a seal of sorts... you see that kind of thing in anime sometimes...
The rock itself is heavy and all that, but as long as the seal is there; you won't be able to move it. (That or it is used to keep what is in it, in; and maybe something in particular out)

It is hinted that Jenka created the Labyrinth to protect the Core aka the heart of the island. So it stands to reason that the rock was placed there by Jenka (or Misery).

I don't think Curly and Quote helped move the rock at all. Balrog CLEARLY able to move it by himself, since they couldn't budge it; yet he throws it way up in the air like it was nothing.
But, what about the seal you say?

Well Balrog and Misery are somehow related to the Ballos / Jenka island family. I get the impression Balrog has been with Misery for a Long time; probably since the creation of the Demon Crown, from Balrog's comments. Also, Balrog had no problem taking the key from Jenka earlier.

It's possible that Balrog being connected to Misery's fate, or just because he's that awesome of a magical something creature that he can break magic barriers and stuff.

I'll go out on a limb, but what if the seal on Ballos was supposed to keep out everyone and everything/as well as keeping them in. But, Balrog has no issues going anywhere he wants [HUZZAH]. Perhaps that is why Misery could not just teleport in... Balrog is an exception.

That huge death trap that broke the barrier to Ballos is... well HUGE. So perhaps, it's somehow similar to Balrog...
meh, I dunno; but in any case Balrog is unique xD

EDIT: I doubt Gaudi made the rock; some of them don't even know what it is they were supposed to guard.

May 19, 2011 at 12:29 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
The rock is a seal of sorts... you see that kind of thing in anime sometimes...
for some reason this one line really irked me, I can't place my finger on why though

anyway
re: the gaudi not knowing what they were supposed to guard being why they wouldn't have made the seal
they've been guarding that thing for a while, and depending on their life span, the whole idea of why they're even there in the first place has probably been lost. but the first generation could totally have made that rock knowing full well what they were doing.

anyway I could totally see jenka using that rock to seal away the core; it just seems more likely to me. I guess it makes some sense that misery and by association balrog would be the only ones able to remove it; jenka trusted her daughter to take care of the island with her before misery forced ballos to make the demon crown etc etc

May 19, 2011 at 1:07 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Jenka always reminded me of one of those crazy Japanese medium ladies

p123311-0-pokemongoldandsilver28j29medium.png

It seems plausible to me.

May 19, 2011 at 1:40 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
sexplosive said:
for some reason this one line really irked me, I can't place my finger on why though
>< Sorry, I watched a show where they used that Shimenawa on some boulder that was acting as a seal ... but I cannot for the life of me remember the name. Maybe it was Tenchi Muyo, or El-Hazard, Devil Lady, Blue Seed...or even InuYasha; I haven't seen them in ages.

Maybe I'm wrong ... :X

May 19, 2011 at 1:52 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
nah you're probably right it's just the line itself seems so...

I dunno I don't have a word for it, everything I think of is like "close, but that's not exactly it"
anyway it's not like I'm going to hold it against you or anything