Ending Canon

Mar 16, 2011 at 4:59 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The good ending, the bad ending or the normal ending: Which one would you consider canon?

Mar 16, 2011 at 5:14 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The bad ending is rarely considered canon, but the two good endings are both legitimate. Whichever one tickles your fancy.

Mar 16, 2011 at 3:10 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
ya know, until Pixel makes a sequel (if he does), all three can be/kinda ARE canon. It's up to you.

Mar 16, 2011 at 6:08 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
It seems kind of hard to imagine making a sequel with the best ending. Or the normal ending. That's why it would make the most sense that the next Cave Story would be when you verse with Miakid.

Mar 16, 2011 at 6:41 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Tpcool said:
It seems kind of hard to imagine making a sequel with the best ending. Or the normal ending. That's why it would make the most sense that the next Cave Story would be when you verse with Miakid.

i disagree.

Mar 17, 2011 at 2:39 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Marx said:
i disagree.

orly?
How do you expect Quote and Curly to have an epic adventure while on a peaceful island?

Mar 17, 2011 at 3:51 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
I should write these ideas down

Tpcool said:
orly?
How do you expect Quote and Curly to have an epic adventure while on a peaceful island?
Who even says they'll be on an island?
The sequel actually doesn't have to listen to crap about the ending, anything could happen. As plot-souring as it could be.
Maybe they get attacked along the way, maybe they find another floating Island, maybe they just come back later and find the Demon Crown somehow survived, maybe they discover the horde of Enraged Mimigas {From the first war} on the island they visit, maybe Ballos is revived as a zombie, etc.
Point is, any bloody thing could happen.
All Pixel would have to do is insert whatever bits he wants to turn the story in any direction he wanted.
There's as much room for a sequel as a prequel, it's just a matter of what Pixel wants. The story's utterly his.
And this is how a lot of plot holes are born, too...

Mar 17, 2011 at 5:25 AM
"..."
Tpcool said:
orly?

If someone steals this idea, I may be cranky...

A mad scientist comes to the island, and attempts to build another Red Crystal from the Doctor's notes.

As for Sue's ending, well, the Demon Crown will autorevive as long as Ballos lives, so...

Mar 17, 2011 at 4:39 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Re: I should write these ideas down

VoidMage_Lowell said:
Who even says they'll be on an island?
The sequel actually doesn't have to listen to crap about the ending, anything could happen. As plot-souring as it could be.
Maybe they get attacked along the way, maybe they find another floating Island, maybe they just come back later and find the Demon Crown somehow survived, maybe they discover the horde of Enraged Mimigas {From the first war} on the island they visit, maybe Ballos is revived as a zombie, etc.
Point is, any bloody thing could happen.
All Pixel would have to do is insert whatever bits he wants to turn the story in any direction he wanted.
There's as much room for a sequel as a prequel, it's just a matter of what Pixel wants. The story's utterly his.
And this is how a lot of plot holes are born, too...

Oh, that actually sounds quite believable. Though:
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Demon Crown somehow survived... maybe Ballos is revived as a zombie

... I suppose. I could try to counter back with "the Demon Crown was already destroyed," but as you said before, anything can happen.

Mar 17, 2011 at 11:52 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator

VoidMage_Lowell said:
maybe they discover the horde of Enraged Mimigas {From the first war} on the island they visit,
I am pretty sure that the Enraged Mimigas that went missing during the war were the very same later used by Miakid during his reign as Crown Bearer.

Mar 18, 2011 at 12:50 PM
"..."

Tpcool said:
Oh, that actually sounds quite believable. Though:

... I suppose. I could try to counter back with "the Demon Crown was already destroyed," but as you said before, anything can happen.

And what of my suggestions?

TBH, I think Sue's ending is the better one to go with, though. Curly's ending is a bit too sugary.

Mar 18, 2011 at 10:05 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
My Original Post

This a post I made on the Cave Story 2? thread where I explained how there could be a Cave Story 2:

What if there where survivors when the kingdom was burned down by Ballos? What it just happened to be Ballos' son? What if Ballos' son wanted to avenge his friends and family? What if Ballos' son was sent to a temporary heaven before he got the chance where he made friends with the angels located in hell? What if Ballos was going to kill all the angels unless they would protect him from Quote? What if Quote killed the angels and Ballos? What if Quote took the place of killing Ballos and he killed Ballos' son's new freinds? What if Ballos' son want to get revenge on Quote? BUM BUM BUUUMMM!!!

May 17, 2011 at 10:33 PM
/end
Re: My Original Post

The good ending makes the most sense so I could say it is canon.

May 22, 2011 at 5:47 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Re: My Original Post

Normal ending has more sequel potential IMO.
Like, there may be a way to revive those who died. And the whole Demon Crown ressurection thing.
Or pull a Chrono Cross and make EVERY ending canon!
As a result of choices made, Quote fractured Space-time. Go and kill Ballos, who is now trying to eat it.

May 22, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Normal or best ending. It`s not true the best ending can not be a good plot to build upon: Jenkas Nightmare.

May 22, 2011 at 2:36 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
True...
And it DOES get the benefit of having an island still...
It really is a matter of preference.
(I would assume based on whether you want your continuity more or less relating to the events of the previous game. Normal ending, I would think, is less likely to go further from the first game. I haven't played Jenka's nightmare though, so...)

May 22, 2011 at 7:57 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"

Hard to say, I usually think the happy ending is Canon. I think so too in this case. Although their flight into the blue is a bit cliche', they've been lost to this mission for over 10 years. It's about time for some rest!

andwhyisit said:
I am pretty sure that the Enraged Mimigas that went missing during the war were the very same later used by Miakid during his reign as Crown Bearer.

Hmm... I think that order is backwards.
PC Jenka says : The cornered Mimigas hoped that the red flowers would grant them strength.
They ate them, and then fought the robots.
However...
It is a sad tale...
The enraged Mimigas, likely unable to control their own actions, disappeared without a trace.
If rumors are to be trusted, they descended to the surface, where humans live.
An army of ferocious Mimigas loosed upon the earth...

She never mentions the Crown bearer's part in all of this.
But, from Curly :
PC Curly :

Finally, one man got the ODemon CrownO in his possession.

The robots' work was done, and the island fell silent.

But that was just the beginning of the tragedy.
With the crown in hand, the man turned the Mimigas into killers and began his assualt on the Earth.

Wii Curly :
And finally, one man seized-
the Demon Crown.

The robots' mission was-
complete and the island fell-
totally silent.

But that was simply the-
beginning of the tragedy.
The man who was able to-
capture the crown turned-
the Mimiga into beasts,
and they began attacking-
the surface.

If I were to amend Jenka's statement :
PC Jenka says : The cornered Mimigas hoped that the red flowers would grant them strength.
They ate them, and then fought the robots.

And finally, one man seized-
the Demon Crown.

The robots' mission was-
complete and the island fell-
totally silent.

However...
It is a sad tale...

(But) that was simply the-
beginning of the tragedy.

The enraged Mimigas, likely unable to control their own actions, disappeared without a trace.

The man who was able to-
capture the crown turned-
the Mimiga into beasts,
and they began attacking-
the surface.

If rumors are to be trusted, they descended to the surface, where humans live.

An army of ferocious Mimigas loosed upon the earth...

Although it sounds amusing that the frenzied Mimigas did the Lemming before the player sat down to control them; my theory is that although they were frenzied on the island; they might have some control over their rabid nature.

Take Igor for example, he was slightly coherent. Perhaps after defeating the robots, they might have tried to go home, or something... Wanting to be normal again.
But, thanks to the Crown, suddenly lose any control left, to the owner of the Demon Crown.

Perhaps, the Mimigas were defeating all the robots so well, that they were about to defeat the invading force. The robots were beaten back.
And on the verge of the Mimigas' victory, they get the Crown. And then the island fell silent. The Mimigas waiting for their Master's orders.

[Maybe Toroko would have been OK somehow... As she was transforming she seemed coherent sorta. But, then the Doctor is like, "enjoy fighting this one" :debug: and she attacks you. ]

Aug 1, 2011 at 3:49 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"

Maybe somehow the past will repeat itself wit Miakid and the others that have weared the crown, and when the first one that weared the crown dies, and when they destroy the crown it is finally over?

Oct 29, 2011 at 10:12 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I like the normal ending the most, and based on how I interpreted the story as an individual, the "best" ending is a totally improbable outcome for me... but still, the best ending seems to be the real deal. As far as i'm concerned, even though you save the island in the best ending, it still comes crashing down sooner or later for whatever reason.

What better way to ensure that an epic 'part 2' ensues, other than by sending a giant hunk of familiar, yet suspended rock crashing in the ground?

Oct 29, 2011 at 10:29 PM
Discord Group Moderator
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
best ending

for who know what secrets the island holds?