Any idea what the name of...

Mar 8, 2011 at 5:40 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Any idea what the name of the 'kingdom' is supposed to be?

You know, the castle-town sitting on top of the floating island, that was home to Ballos, and presumably Jenka and Misery too.

I could only find two images of the floating island, both sorely lacking in detail... so I decided to try to flesh it out more for my own project. The painting's not finished (I'll show it when I have it done), but I've figured out about... half, I'd say, of the areas on (or in) the island.

I find it a bit surprising that the only 'surface' area is the balcony, and I am assuming that area is at the very very tip of the top of the island - which appears to be a large castle tower, with a large hanging balcony. It makes sense that the seal chamber would be deep inside the main castle (or dungeon, perhaps), but it's a bit disappointing that Pixel never really fleshed out any of the other areas in the kingdom.

Mar 8, 2011 at 11:34 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's not stated anywhere in the game that the tower is a remnant of Ballos's kingdom, but it's a reasonable assumption. As for the name, it could be Buttistan for all we know. Make up something catchy.

P.S. Please post the shit out of that painting, as I'm fairly sure we'll all jizz when we see it.

Mar 8, 2011 at 11:40 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
what he said

Mar 9, 2011 at 1:29 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Hehe. Maybe in a few more days, as I'm sort of using the painting as a resource for my mod (a basis for where sectors go).

Mar 9, 2011 at 6:12 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
The flying "Island" was actually just Ballos's Kingdom being ripped off from the surface. There aren't many people living there because Ballos was kind of a douche.

Mar 13, 2011 at 1:30 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Oye me acabas de dar una idea.
english sentence:Hey you just gave me an idea.

english meaning:Oye:hey.me:you just or something like that.

acabas:You know when you say just and use it in a sentence like for example:you just gave me an idea.Yea.

de:to.

dar:give

una: one

idea idea

P.S: (This is a favor im doing for trickybilly he wants to learn spanish so get used to it)

P.S.S:I wont always translate (it can tire me out).

Mar 21, 2011 at 5:01 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Marx said:
english sentence:Hey you just gave me an idea.
P.S: (This is a favor im doing for trickybilly he wants to learn spanish so get used to it)

This is the gist of what he said.

He said he's going to use spoilers from now on though, to make his posts more comprehensible.

Mar 24, 2011 at 6:12 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
WoodenRat said:
The flying "Island" was actually just Ballos's Kingdom being ripped off from the surface. There aren't many people living there because Ballos was kind of a douche.
That is simply speculation. The game never specified this, nor gave sufficient evidence to indicate that this may be so any more so than the alternative; that the island existed beforehand.

May 17, 2011 at 10:08 PM
/end
Have you finished the painting?