The king is a total jerk.

Feb 28, 2011 at 6:02 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Not King the king of Mimiga Village, but you know, the king the king of the kingdom Ballos was in.

It's a real tragedy. Ballos gets punished for benevolence. Not just imprisonment, but torture, which drives him mad. And it doesn't end with the king being destroyed, but the whole kingdom destroyed, and it led to this island of sorrows after Jenka and Misery tried to mess with Ballos. And this whole war.

So now you have to kill him and make him suffer once again. At best we have dead Jenka's brother, King and Toroko dead. At worst, Curly, Booster, and many others dead due to the Doctor's mad schemes and the surface world falls.

All because one man representing "terrible creatures" decided to be selfish to someone good. All because he decided to mess with someone powerful. ALL BECAUSE OF THE KING.

Oh and hi.

Feb 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Yeah he's king of a douche. I'm surprised there aren't many threads about him here.

Feb 28, 2011 at 5:21 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
there's no real meat on him though. he gets mentioned twice in the most exclusive part of the game, both times seemingly as just some random patsy selected to be the reason Ballos is a tortured, possibly scarred, insane, suicidal orange fat magician in the bottom of a whole lot of spiky, enemy filled cave.

Feb 28, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Malpercio said:
there's no real meat on him though. he gets mentioned twice in the most exclusive part of the game, both times seemingly as just some random patsy selected to be the reason Ballos is a tortured, possibly scarred, insane, suicidal orange fat magician in the bottom of a whole lot of spiky, enemy filled cave.

I would really like to know how exactly he tortured Ballos o_o.

Feb 28, 2011 at 7:18 PM
"Huzzah!"
Malpercio said:

THIS

how did he even get there

Feb 28, 2011 at 7:22 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's not like the game says Jenka put him there on the island or anything.

Feb 28, 2011 at 7:34 PM
Been here way too long...
Tpcool said:
I would really like to know how exactly he tortured Ballos o_o.

Just a theory.

Feb 28, 2011 at 7:55 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
makes sense

Mar 1, 2011 at 12:44 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
*resists urge to post a CDI Zelda reference*

May 18, 2011 at 11:09 AM
/end
Storytelling is obviously not one of Pixel's strong suits so I doubt we will ever get any more detail on The King even if Pixel was to make another Cave Story.

It is kind of disappointing really. It would be interesting to find out more about Jenka's, Misery's and Ballos' backstory, but we most likely are only left with ideas.