Misery's on Quote's side.

Dec 26, 2010 at 11:04 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
At least, after the first two times he meets her.

Third time: Instead of throwing Quote off the side of the island and guaranteeing his death, she throws him (and Curly, and a bunch of other robots) into the Labyrinth, so they can attempt to kill the Core.

Fourth time: Misery, instead of doing as the Doctor obviously wants and immediately saving the core, stands around talking to you and basically congratulating you while the Core is failing (until the Doctor gives her a direct order).

Fifth time: Misery obviously threw the fight with Quote. She could have just teleported him off the side of the island if she wanted him destroyed. She's quite obviously just providing token impedance because she's been ordered to stop you. This is supported by her giving up before dying, whereas most other bosses die when defeated.

These three instances point to Misery wanting the Core destroyed and/or the Doctor defeated.

I'm not quite sure why she stops Quote from getting at the damaged Core, though. It's worth noting that at that point, the Demon Crown had been temporarily destroyed, freeing her from the Doctor's influence (hence why she could rebel).

Any ideas?

Dec 27, 2010 at 7:17 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I think secretly Misery believed that Quote would be able to defeat the Doctor and/or free her from the Demon Crown, so she gave him a fighting chance throughout the game. She didn't do anything in front of the Doctor (like preventing Quote from battling Toroko) but those times you mentioned, it was either alone or with Balrog.

As for the whole 'not saving the Core', it was probably because she doesn't really care about the island -- as she said later on -- and because the Doctor hadn't given her a direct order yet. Plus, she probably did want to gloat about the stupidity of robots. :rolleyes:

Dec 27, 2010 at 11:41 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Her mind wasn't fully taken by the doc, she could still act relatively freely as long as it didn't interfere or contradict any of his orders.

Jan 7, 2011 at 9:18 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
as for stopping Quote from attacking the core, she could be acting to prevent Ballos somehow surviving the island crashing into the ground.

Feb 25, 2011 at 11:47 PM
"Huzzah!"
Misery was good the entire time?

she takes toroko instead of sue, delaying the doctor.
she only seems to summon little feed creatues in the fight against the undead core,
she is willing to give you a trade before the doctor captures her before the undead core fight..
etc..

Feb 25, 2011 at 11:51 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Dear sir/madame:
Please make sure that before you make a new thread that the exact same thing isn't on the exact same page

Kind regards,

Noxid

Feb 26, 2011 at 8:46 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Noxid said:
Dear sir/madame:
Please make sure that before you make a new thread that the exact same thing isn't on the exact same page

Kind regards,

Noxid

They aren't identical, though they are similar.

Feb 26, 2011 at 7:01 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
similar enough that he should have posted here instead of starting a new thread.

Mar 6, 2011 at 4:09 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Third time: Instead of throwing Quote off the side of the island and guaranteeing his death, she throws him (and Curly, and a bunch of other robots) into the Labyrinth, so they can attempt to kill the Core.
She was lazy and maybe afraid to fight Quote

Fourth time: Misery, instead of doing as the Doctor obviously wants and immediately saving the core, stands around talking to you and basically congratulating you while the Core is failing (until the Doctor gives her a direct order).
Problems with vigilance.
Misery: "Ah you blew up the core. All the water went down. Now I can`t have a bath. I`ll just go to the Waterway instead wanna come?"

Fifth time: Misery obviously threw the fight with Quote. She could have just teleported him off the side of the island if she wanted him destroyed. She's quite obviously just providing token impedance because she's been ordered to stop you. This is supported by her giving up before dying, whereas most other bosses die when defeated.
Well she is not going easy on you either.

Jokes aside, she might be on your side. She even mentions she is only following the commands of the Doctor.

Aug 2, 2011 at 9:52 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Do you guys really think that? If she threw Quote off the island the game would be game-over, don't you think?

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:19 AM
inside is yello
"..."
F@¡ø said:
Do you guys really think that? If she threw Quote off the island the game would be game-over, don't you think?

Yes, that's the point. Why wouldn't she want Quote to die, or as you put it "game-over"?